Options

Tee contest

SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
edited March 2009 in The Art Wall
Do we have a thread here for the entries? I am really curious what people came up with.
I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
#standingman #duranadam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Me too. I submitted 3 designs and am curious to see what people think.

I'm new to posting on forums. Can I actually post an image of my designs here? Would that be against the contest rules?

~AG
  • Options
    I wanna see too..I think it's safe to say that staff will be extending the time for voting. I bet they are swamped to hell and back between the entries and fixing up the site. Plus the holidays, they have family too..

Lets all just post it here :D
    I don't wanna be first tho..seems kinda immodest :?
  • Options
    why do people keep talking about how they submitted a bunch of entries and then fail to share them??? theyre gonna be seen by everyone when they finally get around to starting the voting so why not just post them now??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    I tried to post mine but I couldn't figure out how. My t-shirt design also incorporates my lack of computer skills.
  • Options
    sgossard3 wrote:
    why do people keep talking about how they submitted a bunch of entries and then fail to share them??? theyre gonna be seen by everyone when they finally get around to starting the voting so why not just post them now??
    damn brah..pushy fine here are mine, including the one my mum submitted

Dirt2.jpg

submit1.jpg

wanted to simplify the pic..but it's an all-around crap idea, I know..
    submit2-1.jpg

I doubt this would even get considered to be put up for voting..it's supposed to focus on his ten toes, but didn't do that too good.. :(
    TenToe.jpg
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    sgossard3 wrote:
    damn brah..pushy fine here are mine, including the one my mum submitted
    submit2-1.jpg
    i like this one!

and i dont think it was all that pushy... just didnt make sense that for all the people saying they wanted to see entried no one took the initiative to post... which is simple with the new board :twisted:

good luck with yours!

• Options
    Thank you..that was the one I liked the least! LoL
    Yea I noticed, but it still felt odd to be first, is all

to the other 2 having trouble, you have to have a page on somewhere like photobucket. You upload the photos from your comp there and can copy/glue the code here.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info. I'll try to get images uploaded soon.
  • Options
    To RM291946....

I like the toes. :D I never thought of useing "X" for ten. It always amazes me how people can interpret the same thing in so many creative ways.

I took a lyrical approach to my designs. PJ's music/lyrics have always resonated with me. So I incorporated the lyrics into two of the three. designs. I'll get them uploaded soon, so you can see what I mean. I hope one of them makes the cut...to the voting stage. That would just be so awesome.

~AG
  • Options
    Wohoo! I finally got the images to post. That took a lot more work than I thought it would...kept getting error messages. Anyway, here are my entries. I had each design on multiple t-shirt colors but didn't want to overload the post with too many images.

Entry #1: Black (lyric w/ sun graphic)
    Black_AG2.jpg

Entry#2: Stickman ("Ten" is made up of the song titles)
    Stickman_AG2.jpg

Entry #3: Ten (Letters are made up of lyrics from each song on the album...Read T, then E, then N)
    Ten_AG2.jpg

~AG
  • Options
    So basically I made the group shot from the album cover into a silhouette. I swear I didn't see the artwork for the reissue! The white background would be the color of the shirt but any color shirt would work with this design. I can't wait to see all the other artwork from my fellow Pearl Jam fans!

tenlogobynickscavetta-1.png

Oh, and I had to resize it for this message board.
  • Options
    PJTshirtwineglass-2.png
    Pearljamt-shirt-1.png
  • Options
    AG211997 wrote:
    Wohoo! I finally got the images to post. That took a lot more work than I thought it would...kept getting error messages. Anyway, here are my entries. I had each design on multiple t-shirt colors but didn't want to overload the post with too many images.

Entry #1: Black (lyric w/ sun graphic)
    Black_AG2.jpg

Entry#2: Stickman ("Ten" is made up of the song titles)
    Stickman_AG2.jpg

Entry #3: Ten (Letters are made up of lyrics from each song on the album...Read T, then E, then N)
    Ten_AG2.jpg

~AG

Damn I don't even have a chance :cry:
    You guys are good.
  • Options
    RM291946 wrote:
    Damn I don't even have a chance :cry:
    You guys are good.
    your stuff is really thinking outside the box... plus using the boy reminds me of jeremy... dont sweat it... i think its clever... the technical stuff isnt whats important anyway since 10C plans on sprucing up whatever wins to get it up to par

nice stuff so far though

• Options
    To RM291946....

I agree with sgossard3. I loved the toes and X concepts...totally original.

~AG
  • Options
    yeah they are all crappy... the one with the kid digging, looks like X marts the spot. not ten.
  • Options
    pd281923 wrote:
    yeah they are all crappy... the one with the kid digging, looks like X marts the spot. not ten.
    great first post! :roll:

X is the roman numeral for 10... "X marks the spot" has to do with treasure... ten is a treasure to us the fans... is it really that hard to put together? atleast its not a regurgitation of something we've seen countless times before

either share some constructive criticism or just keep your opinion to yourself... they were brave enough to share

so much for thinking the members only board would keep out the nasty trolls

• Options
    sorry just being honest. Its not personal. Your right. I shouldn't have used the word crappy. I should have stated my negative feedback in more respectful tone. Anyways, I love the drawing really good. Nice ideas too.
  • Options
    pd281923 wrote:
    sorry just being honest. Its not personal. Your right. I shouldn't have used the word crappy. I should have stated my negative feedback in more respectful tone. Anyways, I love the drawing really good. Nice ideas too. theres no just thing as good criticism.
    i dont think i would buy any of the ideas shown so far as is either... just giving you a heads up that had it been my work i wouldnt have appreciated the way you worded it... part of putting your art out in the public means you should be prepared for criticism but in this case i think the voting should be in charge of that

• Options
    my apologies
  • Options
    Thank you for making me feel a little better about mine :)
    I love the one with the sun, and like the one with the wine (but then, I'm a wino so......)

No worries bout the criticism, I'm my own worst critic and from what I have ever seen all artists are, so with everyone elses it's nothing compared to what we think of it ourselves, so I'm sure noone on here minds as much.
    I know with mine I'm especially critical cos this was so quick. I normally do charcoals and it can take a few months to complete a peice.
  • Options
    DeenaDeena Posts: 1
    edited January 2009
    I have never posted on this or any board before, but I have read many and am always so disgusted at how people talk to each other. I am so very proud to say that Pearl Jammer are respectful, kind and encouraging. You take up for each other and also take responsiblity and apologize. I am proud of you all. Thank you.

That being said...I have also entered the t-shirt design contest. I love every ones designs. Thank you for sharing. I hope they post the designs soon before I loose my mind. I see there have been, like, 240 visits to the site, so I know we are all excited. I wish you all luck and thanks, again, for being such amazing people.
    Post edited by Deena on
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    cool stuff! here's the two i entered. i hope they start the voting soon, i'm dying to see who wins! :)

small1.jpg

small2.jpg
  • Options
    cool stuff! here's the two i entered. i hope they start the voting soon, i'm dying to see who wins! :)

small1.jpg

small2.jpg

WOW!! :shock:

I love both of these! The top one especially. :P
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    small1.jpg
    this is great! i would buy this design in a second... good luck!

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i have a mac..how do i post my design?
    its a jpeg on my hardrive
  • Options
    CC279494 wrote:
    i have a mac..how do i post my design?
    its a jpeg on my hardrive
    the easiest would be to post it to something like photobucket.com ... then you can just paste the image link here... thats the only way i know how to do it anyway

• Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    well i got that far now i have to resize it..i give up
    guess ya'll will see it when it wins.. :D
    JK..duh
  • Options
    @ chiquimonkey

awesome work. very cool.

~AG
  • Options