Why hasn't PJ ever played in Alaska ?

1131415161719»

Comments

• 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    it would be pretty wild tho, to have a concert in june or july and have hte sun still be out when the show was over. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I will say that I have heard from people that have been to Alaska that its quite beautiful.[/quote]

The most incredibly beatiful state of them all. I love it here. And the concerts will be incredible when they come . Anchorage has a venue that might hold 10,000. Fairbanks could hold 6000 maybe more. I'm telling you people, it would be epic!!
  • coffee shacks are small....but they make up for size by having a shit ton of them.....[/quote]

Haha, this is very true. I've never seen them anywhere else like here in AK. Super good though!! :D
  • coffee shacks are small....but they make up for size by having a shit ton of them.....

Haha, this is very true. I've never seen them anywhere else like here in AK. Super good though!! :D[/quote]

Agreed...some of them have girls with bikini tops too...nice. :shock:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    coffee shacks are small....but they make up for size by having a shit ton of them.....

Haha, this is very true. I've never seen them anywhere else like here in AK. Super good though!! :D

Agreed...some of them have girls with bikini tops too...nice. :shock:[/quote]

i missed those. :x

but they all do seem to have cute young gals manning the coffee station....

seems like as good of a reason as any to go.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Remember this edition of the Rumour Pit? I was living in the Yukon at the time and we lost our minds when we thought it was actually going to happen.

http://www.pearljam.netmark.pl/newsy/rumorpit.txt
  • Remember this edition of the Rumour Pit? I was living in the Yukon at the time and we lost our minds when we thought it was actually going to happen.

This whole state would be a buzz. Anchorage, AK Sullivan Arena, August 2012!! Come on!
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    81 wrote:
    it would be pretty wild tho, to have a concert in june or july and have hte sun still be out when the show was over. :lol:

Imagine trying Daughter:

The shades go...go....the sun doesn't go...down...let's have some fun...
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Remember this edition of the Rumour Pit? I was living in the Yukon at the time and we lost our minds when we thought it was actually going to happen.

Q: Does Pearl Jam have any plans to take advantage of the internet to distribute downloadable tracks to fans in the future? I'm thinking along the lines of Rage Against the Machine releasing their new single through Real
    Networks and things of that nature.
    A: We are working on some things.

Little did we know... (Most) every live show. The official bootlegs thing has been fantastic...and a fantastic way for me to go broke!

Q: I'm a resident of Sao Paulo, Brazil, and I've read in a local magazine that PJ will be playing down here in May, 2000...is there a chance that this could be possible?
    A: Yes.

If that happens, there's no Roskilde, no I Am Mine, and no LBC.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • pearl jam should play russia , i dont think they ever have unless they went there in 91 on ten or 92 vs but really dont think they went to that part of europe

they should go to moscow atleast, and st petersburg those are huge cities, they could probably be a good fit for a large sized crowds. if they want to sell lot of tickets, metallica drew 500,000 once for outdoor free show, if pj charged a price they could probably sell out a soccer stadium considering they have not been there before, just saying 50 or 60,000 easy
  • pearl jam should play russia , i dont think they ever have unless they went there in 91 on ten or 92 vs but really dont think they went to that part of europe

they should go to moscow atleast, and st petersburg those are huge cities, they could probably be a good fit for a large sized crowds. if they want to sell lot of tickets, metallica drew 500,000 once for outdoor free show, if pj charged a price they could probably sell out a soccer stadium considering they have not been there before, just saying 50 or 60,000 easy

It's not about the sales...20 to 40 thousand seems to be the best numbers.

AK...this thread is about AK...right?
  • man I hope they play AK next year....my life would be complete! Really don't want to spend the dough to head for the lower 48 just for a show or two. Its more than time, I just don't understand why they wouldn't play here, at least once. I hope they don't look at a 10c registry and decide not to play here because there aren't many 10c members here and are worried about sales...I can honestly say they would not have to worry about selling out shows, plus its a beautiful state!
  • man I hope they play AK next year....my life would be complete! Really don't want to spend the dough to head for the lower 48 just for a show or two. Its more than time, I just don't understand why they wouldn't play here, at least once. I hope they don't look at a 10c registry and decide not to play here because there aren't many 10c members here and are worried about sales...I can honestly say they would not have to worry about selling out shows, plus its a beautiful state!

There are worse things to come south for.
  • BUMP ! PLAY ALASKA !
    Vote for PJ to play in Alaska

11/91 chicago
    7/11/95 chicago
    6/29/98 chicago
    5/30/00 london UK
    6/4/00 manchester UK
    10/8/00 alpine valley
    10/9/00 chicago
    6/18/03 chicago

PLAY ALASKA U PUSSIES
  • they probably never played there cause its out of the way, and alaska does not have very good venues for shows, the best is probably anchorage where rhcp play but it only hold 8 or 9k? id think if they went to alaska it be during a canadian tour, where they could like hit calgary or edmonton vancouver, then go to anchorage. dont see how they wont go to alaska on a normal usa tour, that would be quite out of the way
  • they probably never played there cause its out of the way, and alaska does not have very good venues for shows, the best is probably anchorage where rhcp play but it only hold 8 or 9k? id think if they went to alaska it be during a canadian tour, where they could like hit calgary or edmonton vancouver, then go to anchorage. dont see how they wont go to alaska on a normal usa tour, that would be quite out of the way

you mean like the most recent Canada tour? Yeah, a total snub no doubt. They totall could have made the trip a bit futher.
  • JR2323JR2323 Posts: 82
    I think they haven't played Alaska because they don't wanna come back husky fuckers!! Hahahaha
    10/8/00. 6/15/03. 9/17/11

JR
  • I met my better half working in Denali Park, so I'd love any excuse to get back up there :D Many bands/artists stop in Anchorage on their way to Japan, so Anchorage isn't always so far out of the way.

you mean like the most recent Canada tour? Yeah, a total snub no doubt. They totall could have made the trip a bit futher.

ya they could of w ent easily there after vancouver or edmonton
  • nooramnooram Posts: 388
    Homer Spit on the Summer Solstice
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • nooramnooram Posts: 388
    bump?!
    Seattle 8/91, MPLS 3/92, St Paul 8/92, Denver 6/95, Missoula 6/98, MPLS 6/98, Albuquerque 10/00, Seattle 12/02, St Paul 6/03, Thunder Bay 9/05, DC 5/06, St Paul x2 6/06, Vancouver (EV) 4/08, DC 6/08, Chicago x2 8/09, KC 5/10, MPLS (EV) 7/11, Chicago 7/13, St Paul 10/14, Santiago 11/15, Missoula 8/18, Denver 9/22, Saint Paul 8/23, Saint Paul 9/23
  • Would love to be surprised with a show. RHCP played 2 sold out shows last year in Anchorage. Long overdue.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    Keeping this dream alive. Anchorage is a growing community and pj could easily sell out 2 shows at the Sullivan arena in anchorage
  • big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,530
    Would love to see Anchorage shows at end of summer.

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527

Would love to be surprised with a show. RHCP played 2 sold out shows last year in Anchorage. Long overdue.

I wondered about how many
    Artists make a stop in Alaska on tours.
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128

Would love to be surprised with a show. RHCP played 2 sold out shows last year in Anchorage. Long overdue.

Not many, between 2010, and 2016 the big acts I saw were the chili peppers, Korn, and motley cru. Not a lot of love up north!
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    riley540 said:

Not many, between 2010, and 2016 the big acts I saw were the chili peppers, Korn, and motley cru. Not a lot of love up north!
    I can imagine! My uncle lived in Anchorage for 10 years, and that was his chief complaint, was he had to go down to WA for any really good shows.
    It is such a raw state, that I can't imagine it being easy for bands to play there.