Options

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see them at Bonnaroo???

124»

Comments

• Options
    count me out, not my thing.
  • Options
    Well personally I was gonna go to Bonnaroo no matter what. The camping experience, and the great people and interesting bands are worth it regardless of who headlines, but the fact that Pearl Jam will be there makes me even more excited.
  • Options
    Yeah I'm takin a pass on the roo shit. Too many people, maybe walkin an hour to get to the show in the dead of summer, lack of showers, shitters, garbage.. ahh, fuck that. lol.
    To those that go, have a great time!!
    I'll stick back in the AC and watch it on the web, and save my loot for PJ only shows:)
    All the money that I would have spent on JUST the Roo, would pay for about 7 Pearl Jam only shows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    I'm saving for later. :)
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 2,908
    it's not just you, those tix prices are outrageous, and I"m not a 'camp out' type person. It doesn't interest me at all
    "...like a word misplaced, nothing said, what a waste.."
    "Sometimes life should be consumed in measured doses"
    6-01-06
    6/25/08
    Free Speedy
    and Metsy!
  • Options
    Well, I WAS thrilled about seeing them there. Then I read your post, and it bummed me out so much, that instead I'm gonna spend that weekend at home in a bathtub full of ice cubes, listening to Creed albums on repeat.

I'm sure the band is smart enough to know that they will be playing to decent chunk of PJ fans, and won't simply stick to the singles. Yes, there's a much higher incidence of bands playing more of their "hits" at festivals. When Neil Young played there in '03, he did however play super long, 20-30 min. super jammed-out versions of almost every tune he and Crazyhorse played. Christ, the thing isn't being shot for MTV or something.
    05/30/03 Van, 09/01/05 Gorge, 09/02/05 Van, 09/04/05 Cal, 09/05/05 Ed, 09/07/05 S'toon, 09/08/05 'Peg, 07/22&23/06 Gorge, 06/14/08 'Roo, 08/08/09 Cal, 09/21/11 Cal, 09/23/11 Ed, 12/02/13 Cal
  • Options
    That whole Bonnaroo thing just seems like a hassle. I'm going to sit tight and hope for some stuff in the Pacific NW. :)
  • Options
    I think I've changed my mind now though, I though the line up would be more to my liking besides PJ and Metallica just kinda ruined the line up for me....

I think I'm sit this one and save the money and fly anywhere else they are playing later in the year....

We had already made plans and everything to go but the line up completely turned us off I guess...

I changed my mind for the same reason. Because of our work schedules we were going to fly, stay in a hotel, rent a car, add in the cost of the tickets it would have been $1500-2000. I even considered just driving in to see PJ on Saturday, but even that would cost around $1000. It's just not worth it and like you, I will wait and travel to see them in a smaller setting in another city which we probably would enjoy more.