Options

Am I the only one that doesn't want to see them at Bonnaroo???

Jesika537Jesika537 Posts: 301
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I would much rather see a PJ concert. Festivals are cool because you get to see alot of bands but as far as PJ was concerned I thought Lollapalooza sucked. I would much rather have an assigned seat rather than being packed in like a bunch of Sardines with people who haven't showered in days only to hear the Rearview Mirror LP minus Who You Are. To me they are much better when playing to their own fans than people who haven't heard anything since Vitalogy... I guess it's just not my cup of tea. To all those who do go have a great time and think of me when they play an amazing set just to spite me..

I should say that if it appears this is the only show they will play I will be forced to go...
Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,775
    nope, won't see me at any festival shows either

just don't interest me
  • Options
    I think most of us would rather them not play festivals.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    agreed.......not a festival/camping person so i would love some pj only shows......PLEAASE!!!
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    it's only you

fun festival atmosphere with friends and better than not seeing them at all

IMO
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    it's only you

fun festival atmosphere with friends and better than not seeing them at all

IMO

bump
    PEARL JAM~Lubbock, TX. 10~18~00
    PEARL JAM~San Antonio, TX. 4~5~03
    INCUBUS~Houston, TX. 1~19~07
    INCUBUS~Denver, CO. 2~8~07
    Lollapalooza~Chicago, IL. 8~5~07
    INCUBUS~Austin, TX. 9~3~07
    Bonnaroo~Manchester, TN 6~14~08
  • Options
    TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    No, you are not the only one...but I am not one of them. :)
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i have no interest in festivals either, but to those of you who do, i hope you get your wish! i am wishing for some Vote For Change type shows this year, and a big announcement about them SOON!!!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    i have gone to festivals; will still go to festivals; but I'd rather see PJ at Deer Creek Bitches. :D

But if the Roo is my only choice, I'll be there.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    Geez, they play 1 or 2 festivals dates in the US in how many years and ppl are complaining about festivals? You know how many die hard pearl jam fans never get close because the same fans get the best seats in the house every night? Lots.

Festivals give those a chance you rarely get to see a band up close if they want to. I know ppl are pissed because they haven't seen a seated show in a couple years, but you know your day will come and you'll have your cozzy 3rd row seat at every show on the tour.
  • Options
    id venture to say that alot of people feel that way. i know if they schedule dates closer to home i would rather go to multiple pearl jam shows regardless of who else is on the bonnaroo lineup. i have the benefit of living in delaware so i hope to hit up philly, dc, and new york.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Red Lukin wrote:
    Geez, they play 1 or 2 festivals dates in the US in how many years and ppl are complaining about festivals? You know how many die hard pearl jam fans never get close because the same fans get the best seats in the house every night? Lots.

Festivals give those a chance you rarely get to see a band up close if they want to. I know ppl are pissed because they haven't seen a seated show in a couple years, but you know your day will come and you'll have your cozzy 3rd row seat at every show on the tour.

:)

To each his own, you snooze you loose, thats what I say. SEE YOU @ ROO!
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    i'm allways on the fence about festivals i swore no more for me after LOLLA, but when it comes down to it if it's only one show all of 08 it's almost impossible for me to stay away ......:(
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    i'm allways on the fence about festivals i swore no more for me after LOLLA, but when it comes down to it if it's only one show all of 08 it's almost impossible for me to stay away ......:(
    Don't be sad, be happy! :)

:o can I have a ride......
  • Options
    that's my feeling too. i don't do camping or huge festivals, but if it's the absolute only way to see them anytime this year, then i might consider it. i'd rather travel for a PJ-only show. in any case i'm happy for those who will be able to make it, camping just ain't my bag :)
  • Options
    I'd prefer stadia shows as well, but I'm also a 10c'er so I get some solid seats. HOWEVER, when you have a choice between a show at a festival or nothing? The choice is clear: Stop crying, man up, and pack up the tent.

PLUS a festival gives you the opportunity to experience Pearl Jam like it was back in the day where there actually is a PIT! No longer will you be forced to stay within your row or behind the tape the crew places on the floor surrounding the seats on the floor. It's time to break free!
    4.28.03 --- 7.9.03 --- 7.12.03 --- 10.1.04 --- 9.28.05 --- 10.3.05 --- 5.27.06 --- 5.28.06 --- 6.3.06 --- 6.19.08 --- 6.20.08 --- 6.24.08 --- 6.25.08

Wishlist of Unheard Live Songs
    1. All Those Yesterdays
    2. God's Dice
    3. I Got ID

PLAY THE SPECTRUM IN PHILADELPHIA!!!
  • Options
    upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    It's time to break free!

Release the HOUNDS!! :D

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    :)

To each his own, you snooze you loose, thats what I say. SEE YOU @ ROO!

Dude, that's what I'm saying. I wouldn't miss Roo for anything!

Although my plan was to go with PJ there or not.

Be sure to save some energy for the late night ; )
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

I don't see anyone complaining, just stating fact

I've seen PJ almost 30 times, I can do with missing a festival show
  • Options

But what if they play that festival in Jersey? :)
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    screw the roo ,,, middle of no-where hippie campout

this is not 4 me

enjoy all
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    me too. i'd much rather see them as the main act. its cool that people are excited though.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    For the life of me, I've no idea why people would go to a festival just to see Pearl Jam. Yes, the fact that they're headlinging would be a contributing factor for me to go but it's a festival. There are going to be so many other great bands playing, not to mention the great atmosphere.

You want to see Pearl Jam on there own, then just go see them in concert when they tour again. You want a really good time, go to a festival. I'm looking at the original posters signature and you've seen Pearl Jam a good few times. I'm sure it won't kill you if you miss out on a chance to see them again.
  • Options
    clayton12clayton12 Athens, GA Posts: 322
    Ive been to Bonnaroo the past two years and I have had the most amazing time each year. It is different than any other festival (ive been to lolla twice and coachella and voodoofest three time). Unlike other festivals, Bonnaroo is about the music first and foremost. People truly enjoying the music and the fellowship. Its all smiles, all around. The bands see this and rise above the normal concert, like my favorite band MMJ. The only band i have seen at bonnaroo that i thought was ever going through the motions and playing just another gig was the Police. To the people who are thinking its going to be hard to get a spot I will tell you this. I have never been in a bad spot seeing a band and ive never camped out to see a band. Even in 06 with Radiohead, I was probably thirty people deep and had an amazing view and I didnt make any huge push. It will be a great time, Pearl Jam will be mindblowing and prepare to witness the greatest show in the world, My Morning Jacket.
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I will go where the band decides to go, I'd rather see them at their own show, but fuck atleast they are playing, I'm greatful they are still a band after all these years, suck it up people, they wont be around forever!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    TrixieCat wrote:
    But what if they play that festival in Jersey? :)

well they canceled the one in Vineland, which is very close to me. The one in North Jersey, I highly doubt I would do it.

The Who would also have to be there, and I don't see that happening :D
  • Options
    clayton12 wrote:
    Ive been to Bonnaroo the past two years and I have had the most amazing time each year. It is different than any other festival (ive been to lolla twice and coachella and voodoofest three time). Unlike other festivals, Bonnaroo is about the music first and foremost. People truly enjoying the music and the fellowship. Its all smiles, all around. The bands see this and rise above the normal concert, like my favorite band MMJ. The only band i have seen at bonnaroo that i thought was ever going through the motions and playing just another gig was the Police. To the people who are thinking its going to be hard to get a spot I will tell you this. I have never been in a bad spot seeing a band and ive never camped out to see a band. Even in 06 with Radiohead, I was probably thirty people deep and had an amazing view and I didnt make any huge push. It will be a great time, Pearl Jam will be mindblowing and prepare to witness the greatest show in the world, My Morning Jacket.

I'm glad someone else is with me. I only went once, but I found it to be totally different than any other festival. People were pretty chiiled. I didn't find anyone pushing to get closer, and I was pretty content with my spot on the main stage. I wanted to be close for a couple of bands and got really close without having to camp. And I totally agree about bands going all out at Roo. I've been to many many concerts in my lifetime, but saw 4 of the best shows I ever saw at Roo last year (Clutch, Tool, Gogol Bordello, and Gov't Mule). I don't know if it was the atmosphere or what, but was something magical going on for sure.

One thing I do disagree with is I wasn't always able to get a good spot on the small stages. For Black Keys and another band (forget off the top of my head) I couldn't not get inside the tent. It was just too packed. Not complaining. It was my own fault for getting there 5 minutes before they started.
  • Options
    NY PJ1 wrote:
    screw the roo ,,, middle of no-where hippie campout

this is not 4 me

enjoy all

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options

Totally agree. Saying you don't want to see them play at a festival isn't complaining. I'm going to wait for some PJ only show dates.
    9/16/96, 7/18/98, 11/02/00, 08/4/01, 12/08/02, 4/13/03, 10/22/03, 9/24/04, 3/18/05, 9/01/05, 9/02/05, 7/06/06, 7/07/06, 7/09/06, 7/10/06, 7/20/06
    7/22/06, 7/23/06, 04/07/07, 8/3/07
  • Options
    i agree. Come play Jones Beach!
  • Options
    Totally agree. Saying you don't want to see them play at a festival isn't complaining. I'm going to wait for some PJ only show dates.
    agreed. i don't see this in complaining at all. on the contrary, if this indeed is announced i'll be happy for our southern brethren!