Comments

• Options
    MiiikeMiiike Posts: 436
    edited March 2020
    ""

Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,772
    Call in the troops! An intervention is in order!! ;) nice to see you Elmo! I'm around and I'm glad you are back. :x
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    ""

Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Hi Elmo!
    Lovely to have you back on here! You're right, I haven't been on here lately, but I haven't left for good :).

How have you been? How is your baby girl?

The few months have just been fairly annoying...I broke my wrist at the end of April at work and had to deal with Workcover, weekly physio, reviews with the doctor and restricted duties at work...not fun. I was given the all clear a few days ago, so I don't have any more restrictions and just have to be sensible and wear a splint for about a week and a half when i'm working and driving. Playing the uke is actually good physio, so I can thank Ed for that :).

I have some catching up to do with posting photos:

PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    marilormarilor St Etienne, France Posts: 618
    Elmo said:

For about 2 months I was going so well!!!!! SO WELL!!!! But you know, I was kind of having a break to try and break the PJ spell, to be less of an idiotic-addicted-to-technology-because-it-makes-me-feel-connected-to-the-band fan, to be LESS INTO THEM, but the longer I went without them, the more I just loved them and softened towards them. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Seriously. Two months without hearing the music or Eddie's voice?? I'd hear a snippet of a PJ song before I was quick enough to fast forward and my heart would just swell - 'Oh I just love and miss them so much!' I'd think. Total trying-to-be-less-obsessed FAIL. If anything, my break just made me more tender-hearted towards them . . .

Ooohhh, i've made the same mistake : It was horrible : my man doesn't like PJ and can't afford Eddie's voice (I'm sure I know what you think...sorry for him) but I've tried to be less obsessed by PJ (and by Ed) for him...(i don't talk about 2 months,...but several years...!!!) yes, i did...but here i am...I am definitively a desperate case. I just want to make up for lost time !
    These guys are a very big part of my life, of me. They touch my soul with their music. I'm happy only when there are pj stuffs around me : ...we need them and we must accept it. No choice !
    ...So I understand you very very well :D

And I can"t believe that even with a Mickey Mouse T Shirt, he looks awesome...
    "We were but stones, ...Your light made us stars"
  • Options
    oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    Hi Emma! Hi Jen! Welcome home Elmo! We've been waiting for ya! image
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Hi Elmo!
    Lovely to have you back on here! You're right, I haven't been on here lately, but I haven't left for good .

How have you been? How is your baby girl?

The few months have just been fairly annoying...I broke my wrist at the end of April at work and had to deal with Workcover, weekly physio, reviews with the doctor and restricted duties at work...not fun. I was given the all clear a few days ago, so I don't have any more restrictions and just have to be sensible and wear a splint for about a week and a half when i'm working and driving. Playing the uke is actually good physio, so I can thank Ed for that .

I have some catching up to do with posting photos:

""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    edited March 2020

For about 2 months I was going so well!!!!! SO WELL!!!! But you know, I was kind of having a break to try and break the PJ spell, to be less of an idiotic-addicted-to-technology-because-it-makes-me-feel-connected-to-the-band fan, to be LESS INTO THEM, but the longer I went without them, the more I just loved them and softened towards them. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Seriously. Two months without hearing the music or Eddie's voice?? I'd hear a snippet of a PJ song before I was quick enough to fast forward and my heart would just swell - 'Oh I just love and miss them so much!' I'd think. Total trying-to-be-less-obsessed FAIL. If anything, my break just made me more tender-hearted towards them . . .
    Ooohhh, i've made the same mistake : It was horrible : my man doesn't like PJ and can't afford Eddie's voice (I'm sure I know what you think...sorry for him) but I've tried to be less obsessed by PJ (and by Ed) for him...(i don't talk about 2 months,...but several years...!!!) yes, i did...but here i am...I am definitively a desperate case. I just want to make up for lost time !
    These guys are a very big part of my life, of me. They touch my soul with their music. I'm happy only when there are pj stuffs around me : ...we need them and we must accept it. No choice !
    ...So I understand you very very well D

""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Hi Emma! Hi Jen! Welcome home Elmo! We've been waiting for ya! image
    ""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    Elmo said:

marilor said:

Elmo said:

Oh wow Marilor you stepped away from PJ for years?? Wow! Good on you for trying. :):) I hope your man is more accepting now???

Us poor obsessed PJ fans! We can't live with them (because we love them too much), and we can't live without them (because, yep, we love them too much). It's always going to be a bit of a never-ending story or an unfinished symphony for us. For ANY mega fan . . . because it IS an addiction - you'll never have enough . . . you'll always want more. More tours, more music, more information about them, more opportunities to meet them! (Or hug them! For god's sake please yes Universe! I'll do anything! ;) ) But as I was saying earlier, if it makes you happy Marilor, and if it's who you are, be gentle on yourself!!! As long as you are a good person, then it shouldn't matter too much that you're addicted to a band, that ANY of us are!! :):) It's just the same as all the sports addicts around the world. I have an AFL football addict sitting right next to me on the couch, looking almost green because his team is only 21 points ahead. Haha. The sweetie. I'm lucky though, because he loves his team SO MUCH, he's kind of tolerant of my PJ obsession. In fact he's incredibly tolerant, and supportive. I got to leave the house for FOUR concerts this summer with a newborn baby at home!

I hope your fella becomes a bit more supportive, because you will only love and appreciate him more for it. :):) But even as I say we need to be gentle on ourselves, we also need to be gentle with them. And not make them too jealous! Because it would NOT BE EASY for them to watch us be so obviously in love/lust/whatever-this-fan-nonsense-is with Eddie, who is remarkably good looking and sexy and talented. So while we need the freedom to be fans, we shouldn't rub it in their faces either! Although what am I saying, I'm sure every single girl on here has worked that out already ;):)

Hi Elmo,

Thank you for this very comprehensive post ! Sometimes i feel like i am the only pj fan in this f*** town (i think i am...never found a pj fan here...have to move to Paris or better...Milan !!!) and it is soooooo goood to feel understood by someone else who feels the same thing !!! =D>

Well, my man is not as much supportive as i would like because he's not obsessed by anything so it's very hard for him to understand my addiction. But i try to be gentle with him. As you said, not make him too jealous. But nevermind...I won't step away from PJ anymore !!
    If he only knew then what he knew now... :-S
  • Options
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,699

That section of Mike's right arm is basically where I poked him when he ran past me on the front rail at the Gold Coast Big Day Out. Still looking for photos or videos of that moment (apparently it was during Alive). He stopped just near me, stood up on the ledge and played for a while, then ran off before I had a chance to get a photo. If anyone anywhere on here has photos or footage please let me know. :)

• Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    Bet his wife loves this thread floating around in the hemisphere
    Peace...
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,699
    JWPearl this thread has been around for many years. If anyone in Ed's family is offended by it, I am sure that it would have been removed by now.
    Peace...
  • Options
    GrelsvikGrelsvik Posts: 34
    Oslo, Spektrum 29/06/00*Copenhagen, Forum 26/06/07*Berlin, Wuhlheide 15/08/09*Stockholm, Globen 07/07/12*
    Oslo, Spektrum 09/07/12*Seattle, Key Arena 06/12/13*Berlin, Wuhlheide 26/06/14*Stockholm, Globen 28/06/14*
    Oslo, Telenor Arena 29/06/14
  • Options
    Hot and utterly, completely full of joy!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    imageimage
    Post edited by oceaninmyeyes on
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Elmo said:

marilor said:

Elmo said:

...So I understand you very very well :D

Oh wow Marilor you stepped away from PJ for years?? Wow! Good on you for trying. :):) I hope your man is more accepting now???

Us poor obsessed PJ fans! We can't live with them (because we love them too much), and we can't live without them (because, yep, we love them too much). It's always going to be a bit of a never-ending story or an unfinished symphony for us. For ANY mega fan . . . because it IS an addiction - you'll never have enough . . . you'll always want more. More tours, more music, more information about them, more opportunities to meet them! (Or hug them! For god's sake please yes Universe! I'll do anything! ;) ) But as I was saying earlier, if it makes you happy Marilor, and if it's who you are, be gentle on yourself!!! As long as you are a good person, then it shouldn't matter too much that you're addicted to a band, that ANY of us are!! :):) It's just the same as all the sports addicts around the world. I have an AFL football addict sitting right next to me on the couch, looking almost green because his team is only 21 points ahead. Haha. The sweetie. I'm lucky though, because he loves his team SO MUCH, he's kind of tolerant of my PJ obsession. In fact he's incredibly tolerant, and supportive. I got to leave the house for FOUR concerts this summer with a newborn baby at home!

I hope your fella becomes a bit more supportive, because you will only love and appreciate him more for it. :):) But even as I say we need to be gentle on ourselves, we also need to be gentle with them. And not make them too jealous! Because it would NOT BE EASY for them to watch us be so obviously in love/lust/whatever-this-fan-nonsense-is with Eddie, who is remarkably good looking and sexy and talented. So while we need the freedom to be fans, we shouldn't rub it in their faces either! Although what am I saying, I'm sure every single girl on here has worked that out already ;):)
    Beautifully written Elmo! And I am married to an American football junkie who is about to go full-on into football season. So I feel very justified in two shows this fall.
    :D:D 8-> O:-)
  • Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Hey Girls,It's been a real long time for me in this place. How's it going Whispering Hands! Long time no talk to. I'm a bit quirky when it comes to body parts,I kinda like the forearm.I guess it's what would surround me on a nice evening.Me,rubbing my hands up and down them, and across the top of the hands.Fingers entwined. Security! That's all I need. :)
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Beautifully written Elmo! And I am married to an American football junkie who is about to go full-on into football season. So I feel very justified in two shows this fall.
    DD 8-> O:-)
    ""
    Post edited by Miiike on
  • Options
    You are oh so welcome Elmo. And I don't recall you posting anything embarrassing. image Nothing of the sort. image As for the tattoo, it is apparently a bluebird. vanishingtattoo.com/tattoo/celeb-mccready.htm
  • Options
    Mike talks about this bird in the DVD Immagin in Cornice...
  • Options
    LizcbLizcb Posts: 6
    my virgin post ;)
  • Options
    Hi Lizcb... so happy to see you here! :-h
  • Options
    LizcbLizcb Posts: 6
    Hi marilor <3 I've been lurking here for too many years lol!
  • Options
    I have missed this thread, and missed all of you-love the recent pics, especially the baseball ones! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    Welcome Lizcb -- Good to see you here. :-bd
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Hi PJForceofNature! I hope to meet you soon! :)
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options