Options

To The Fools On Ebay Paying $150+ For Into The Wild Vinyl

my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
edited January 2008 in The Porch
i think it is a bad idea...

edited: thats there decision, i didnt want to come off as to mean about it.

good luck
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    how are they getting ripped off? they arent being deceived and know exactly what they are buying. are they idiots cuz they can go get the CD for $10? maybe. but if its worth that much to them, it's their money, let them spend it.

i've seen posters go for 300-500 on EB. now I would never pay that much for any poster, but if someone wants it that badly, go for it. this is no different. its a collectors item. getting all riled up about the prices accomplishes nothing. this is how any piece of art is tranferred in the free market. what do you think Sotheby's does?

now if its concert tickets at issue, thats a whole different story.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    my2hands wrote:
    YOU ARE SO FOOLISH THAT YOU DESERVE TO GET RIPPED OFF.

tenclub, perhaps in the future you shouldnt hype up stuff so much, which leads to jack ass fans paying $200 for a vinyl they can get for $20 anywhere in the world... or at least be up front about availability... these folks are getting ripped off pretty bad

you guys are paying $150+ for a 7" of no more since that appears to be the only thing special about this "limited edition"... i could be wrong, but i dont think i am

While I agree that paying $150+ for a vinyl that's $20 is unbelievable, I don't think they mislead anyone about the availability.
    There is only one version of this LP, and that comes with the booklet and the 7", there is no one version of just the LP that will be mass distributed.
    Both sites selling it from the distributor have made it clear that this is very limited and that stores will have it in limited quatities as well.
    I think someone in Los Angeles bought one at Amoeba and they had only been given 20 copies, I'm assuming thats what other stores will get as well.

So it is limited and it is foolish to pay $150+ for a vinyl fo' sure.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    yea, that poster thing is sooo worst !
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    I find it humorous that so many people feel the need to trash the potential value of the ITW vinyl. Why the need to be sour grapes just because you didn't get one? Economics 101: The value of an item is equal to what someone else is willing to pay for that item. I don't see you mention anything about it, but another thing I have noticed is that people have been touting the value of the Benaroya vinyl. Who is to say which vinyl is more valuable? If I would rather have the ITW then Benaroya, then ITW is MORE valuable. Lets all chillax and leave people be.
    PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
    Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
    EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
  • Options
    wilmack88 wrote:
    I find it humorous that so many people feel the need to trash the potential value of the ITW vinyl. Why the need to be sour grapes just because you didn't get one? Economics 101: The value of an item is equal to what someone else is willing to pay for that item. I don't see you mention anything about it, but another thing I have noticed is that people have been touting the value of the Benaroya vinyl. Who is to say which vinyl is more valuable? If I would rather have the ITW then Benaroya, then ITW is MORE valuable. Lets all chillax and leave people be.

I think its foolish because they still have a chance to get it at regular price before they go paying crazy prices.
    I got a copy of both Benaroya and ITW when they went on sale and for retail so no sour grapes here....
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    lowlight10 wrote:
    how are they getting ripped off? they arent being deceived and know exactly what they are buying. are they idiots cuz they can go get the CD for $10? maybe. but if its worth that much to them, it's their money, let them spend it.

i've seen posters go for 300-500 on EB. now I would never pay that much for any poster, but if someone wants it that badly, go for it. this is no different. its a collectors item. getting all riled up about the prices accomplishes nothing. this is how any piece of art is tranferred in the free market. what do you think Sotheby's does?

now if its concert tickets at issue, thats a whole different story.

EXACTLY.
    it amazes me time and again these ebay threads. don't like it? don't buy it, simple. it's all supply and demand. if someone is unwilling to pya, then the seller would not get their asking price.

and honestly, in regards to posters, i have paid MORE thru deals arranged thru EB than tru ebay, ever. i have always gotten a better/cheaper price thru ebay, so i don't know why EB is considered 'good' and yet ebay is 'bad.' if it is over the initial price, there is profit, period...no matter where the sale takes place. i don't have a problem with it, it happens with sooo many things, so i simply don't *get* why pj goods should be any different?
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    what's that Obi-Wan quote in Star Wars where he says something about being a fool or foolish? anyone?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,215
    I think its foolish because they still have a chance to get it at regular price before they go paying crazy prices.
    quote]

I bought borgata2 tix the day before they went on sale thru a scalper, which I never do., because I wanteds to go and felt if I didnt pull the trigger then it might cost me more when people who were waiting for the onsale time that got shut out may drive the price up. And people did miss out on tix, the price went up, I got shut out but had tickets but already bought scalped tix for less then they were going for after the onsale.
    So if you know you need to buy something, and have the money, do it. It may cost you more in a couple days.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    So then, the version to be sold in record stores (assuming you can find one) DOES include all the same stuff? (7 inch) Has this been confirmed somewhere?

I am going to check a record store I know of on the 29th if I don't get one online today. Maybe those people paying $150 don't have anywhere that sells vinyl where they live.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    just because amoeba got copies doesn't mean other places will. i'm still looking for a place in portland that is going to get it or even heard that it's being released for that matter.
  • Options
    The biggest travesty is that the album isn't even that good.
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    quote]

I bought borgata2 tix the day before they went on sale thru a scalper, which I never do., because I wanteds to go and felt if I didnt pull the trigger then it might cost me more when people who were waiting for the onsale time that got shut out may drive the price up. And people did miss out on tix, the price went up, I got shut out but had tickets but already bought scalped tix for less then they were going for after the onsale.
    So if you know you need to buy something, and have the money, do it. It may cost you more in a couple days.

with tix to a show its completely different.
  • Options
    So then, the version to be sold in record stores (assuming you can find one) DOES include all the same stuff? (7 inch) Has this been confirmed somewhere?
    Rubysdad wrote:
    There are a very limited number of vinyl LPs of "Into the Wild" at Vinyl
    Films Records exclusive web distributor http://www.auralexploits.com.

There will also be a very limited number available at select retail outlets
    beginning January 29th. Please contact your local independent record dealer
    for availability.

These additional units are the exact same as the ones that were available
    through the Ten Club. They will include the bonus 7". Because the Ten Club
    has a very small number of copies on "reserve" to fulfill returns on damaged
    or lost goods, there is a chance that some of those copies will be added to
    the 10c inventory and available. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to
    schedule a specific time when these would go up for sale.

http://forums.pearljam.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=5102712
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Ha ha, quote of the day!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    could someone here please direct me to one of the other sites where i can purchase this album........

thanks.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options

i agree. i got my copy based strictly on the idea that it's going to be such a collectors item...in fact i'd love to trade for a copy of binaural/no code or binaural/yield.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    could someone here please direct me to one of the other sites where i can purchase this album........

thanks.....

http://www.auralexploits.com/
  • Options
    moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    I'm sure by stating this it will only encourage more people to put up their album... Seriously, it's tempting... if someone want to pay $150... well that's not a couple of pennies. (By the way, just in case anyone thinks I'm selling mine... nope... I'm framing it... and finding someone with a turntable to possibly play it.)
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    no longer available......

are there other sites????
  • Options

start calling local record stores if there are any around where you are.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

they go on sale in 15 minutes
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270
    my2hands wrote:
    YOU ARE SO FOOLISH THAT YOU DESERVE TO GET RIPPED OFF.

tenclub, perhaps in the future you shouldnt hype up stuff so much, which leads to jack ass fans paying $200 for a vinyl they can get for $20 anywhere in the world... or at least be up front about availability... these folks are getting ripped off pretty bad

you guys are paying $150+ for a 7" of no more since that appears to be the only thing special about this "limited edition"... i could be wrong, but i dont think i am

suckers
    danny d
  • Options

i disagree

i think it is a classic
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    they go on sale in 15 minutes
    thank you.....
  • Options
    thank you.....

These remaining copies will now be available for sale from 12:00 PM PST on Monday, January 21st, 2008.
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    i disagree

i think it is a classic

CLASSIC?

Wow, that's a strong word for an album that is slightly over 20 minutes.
  • Options
    i assume auralexploits will not allow people to buy a 2nd in this sale?

at least i hope not...
  • Options
    CLASSIC?

Wow, that's a strong word for an album that is slightly over 20 minutes.

yup, classic

pop that thing on in the middle of the mountains and watch the clouds roll by...

then get back to me ;)
  • Options
    my2hands wrote:
    yup, classic

pop that thing on in the middle of the mountains and watch the clouds roll by...

then get back to me ;)

Sorry, I can't make it through the first 4 tracks without falling asleep.
  • Options
    by the way

if these are so limited...

then why is there a dude on ebay with a picture of 14 of them? a real live picture of 14 of them... going for $150 buy it now?

looks like it wasnt limited for him?