and cold
    and from my branches

lets snuggle in bed'
    and talk about peace like
    john lennon and yoko ono

or whatever the date my be
  • Options
    HekaHeka Posts: 9
    You don't get responses like that everyday - mmmmmm...I've always had an afinity for Tree Magic - sounds like something to Imagine... Thanks! ;-)
  • Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    An excellent emotive eulogy. I hope it was heard widely.

Tree magic? Earth Pagan? Wicca?

Do as thou wilt. I always loved that credo.
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Indeed...don't forget the "Harm none" part - very important. Yes, Wiccan. I see Magic everywhere...in everything, even in death. We just have to look with new eyes - you know, be still and listen. Don's Magic was in the way his smile made me believe that I was a Queen. Thank you for your kind words...I'm new at this. I'll miss him forever.
  • Options
    Well done, Heka.

Sorry about your loss :(

But you seem to be handling it well.

BTW I have a good friend who is Wiccan. And my buddy just started dating a Wiccan.

Bob, Bob, he's our man
    if he can't do it Wic-can

ok, that was bad. :D
  • Options
    Heka, perhaps you can assist me.

I am very open to the Celt and earth religions due to their naturalist take on life and the earth as one.

However, apparently I have some sort of inherant "block." I appear to have a natural ability to cant readings, I have never had a good tarot nor palm. I am often wondering what it is about me that does this?

Now, to be blunt, I am also not one hundred percent convinced of the veracity of readings, but I have always enjoyed them and a skilled individual can teach someone a great deal about themselves regardless. Perhaps it is this fact alone that would block the reading itself. I don't know.

Any advice?

I always keep in mind the Harm None and Blessed Be. I try to live by that as much as I can, though I'm not Wiccan. I am pleased that you are here to fully compliment and join us as a coven of writers if you will. :D
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Perhaps you are seeing these readings as a divinitory - like future telling? That's one way they can be used, but it helps if you have a more open perspective. Tarot (to me) is intended more to be more of a mirror or reflection of your soul's journey. It shows possible outcomes - what's likely happen if you continue along the same path. The cards bring up the things that are causing you to not get the whole picture or areas of internal conflict that need resolution - like that. It becomes tricky to find readers who share this more esoteric view, but they are out there...my advice is to keep looking. The really good ones usually aren't charging for it. Oh, the irony! ;-)
  • Options
    No I agree with you. The soul's journey is a far more important and appropriate subject for a reader to divine. The future is far too subjective and fickle, and it would be far too easy to affect their "client" or to influence them into doing what was "foretold." LOL and I agree that all of the best, most talented readers are FREE. I believe this is because they are doing what they do in the true spirit of such things.

However, I always get severely contradictory readings and I have been told that my thoughts are either too private or that I am not open enough for the reading to work effectively. This comes as a surprise to me as, well, I make my thoughts fairly plain, and I have always thought that I was a pretty open individual.

However, I do wonder what it is I don't want anyone to know? Or is it something that I don't want to know. hmmm....

Ack. Ah well, I shall stop bothering you with my drivel.

LOL please continue forward in the grand tradition that you have begun. I have interrupted far too often.

seta
  • Options
    Interesting...I dunno...maybe it's speaking to the fact that there are two roads before you? An internal duality that reads one way one time and then another? We are all conflicted to some degree. I'd love to read for you sometime...Colorado, huh? E-mail me off line if you like, I'll be back Monday. I can mail you your cards...it susepct it would work fine that way, although I've never tried it...

No interruptions, all good. I'm outta here for the weekend. A big Mabon gathering - should be about 300 of us. Can't wait! Hippy love fun! Fire, drumming, dancing - lots of mead...mmmmm...