Options

modest mouse

riotcode1222riotcode1222 Posts: 32
edited December 2007 in The Porch
what do you think the band thinks of them i think id be really happy if they toured together modest mouse has made its way into my top ten favorite bands there so experimental any thoughts>?
" i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

MIKE McfuckinCready you deserve way more credit

!EVEN FLOW PSYCHO MEMBER! ~~@#028@~~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    I love MM but I think this belongs in other music...
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    hey man whats goin on did you go to copperfields? yea maybe but there tends to be more people on this side of the board so i figured id see how long it lasts here
    " i know someday you'll have a beautiful life i fucking hope you'll be a star in somebody else's sky but why cant it be mine?" "he who forgets will be destined to remember" -ev greatest writer ever

• Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    What matters is what YOU think of them. And it seems that you like them.
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    im just wondering if people would actually see and respect the opening band say if it was someone way different cause mostly there are a lot of threads about how opening bands generally suck

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    i like them a lot.

Modest mouse tends to headline when they tour now though. I don't think they are too worried about playing big arenas and such.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    im just wondering if people would actually see and respect the opening band say if it was someone way different cause mostly there are a lot of threads about how opening bands generally suck

Yeah. Like when i saw them in 00 and sonic youth opened adn people were booing sonic youth... WTF
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I think they suck
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    i do like them. they remind me of the pixies
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'd like to see Modest Mouse open for Pearl Jam on a tour. They were the 2 reasons I went to Lollapalooza for the one day. Too bad I had to miss My Morning Jacket though. Chose to see MM since I had seen MMJ multiple times more recently.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    ed doesn't like them. he thinks they suck. so you should probly stop listening to them before he finds out.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    EDIT: grown on me a lot. :D
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    My top three favorite bands right now are Pearl Jam (always my number one) Modest Mouse and Dave Matthews Band. I Love Modest Mouse and have always wanted to see them play with Pearl Jam.

As for how Pearl Jam feels about them I think they like them. Being from the same area and all im sure Eddie and the Guys have been to a show or two. Also Eddie Mentioned them at lolla when he was mention all the great bands that were playing the festival.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    I sold a pair of jeans to their guitarist, cool guy. They´re an alright band- weird lyrics.
    "I like to fish"- George W. Bush
  • Options
    modest mouse used to open for built to spill all the time and i hated them live. i kept forgetting that i hated them and then i'd get to the show and i would hate them all over again. i have found a couple of songs that i like from their records, but i won't ever waste my time seeing them live.
    madison, wi october 16, 1991
    east troy, wi august 29, 1992- stage two set by eddie and chris cornell
    vancouver, bc september 2, 2005- backstage with the supersuckers
    george, wa july 23, 2006
  • Options
    well johnny marr (sp?) is with them now and he opened for PJ in OZ for the '03 tour right? so i could see it happening... i like some of their stuff
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 326
    modest mouse is good.
  • Options
    The Moon and Antarctica is such a great album. Gravity Rides Everything, Perfect Disguise, Lives, Alone Down There, 3rd Planet....so many great tunes.
  • Options
    there

THEY'RE...
    Detroit '98 - Detroit '03 - Toledo '04 - Grand Rapids '04 - Kitchener '05 - London '05 - Grand Rapids '06 - Cleveland '06 - Detroit '06 - Chicago '07 - West Palm Beach - Tampa '08 - Toronto '09 - Indy '10 - Buffalo '10 - Toronto '11 - London '13
  • Options
    hahaha id had just woke up they're! i just bought the album we were dead before the ship even sank and i was impressed i only bought cause i thought the cover looked cool and now im pretty into them it took a while cause im into pearl jam AIC STP early 90's stuff mostly but i found this band to have a talent that is truly original and not like most of the new stuff that comes out

• Options
  • Options
    early 90's stuff

Modest Mouse has been around since then. They have six or seven albums.
    Shows:
    San Diego 2003
    Grand Rapids 2004
    Grand Rapids 2006
    Detroit 2006
    Columbus 2010

"With my own two hands I can change the world."
  • Options
    I saw them last night and again they were just okay. My biggest complaint is the short set. they played a little over an hour. It was a little christmas festival so maybe that is why. They band was really tight and i loved what they played.

No spitting venom though and only 1 or 2 tracks from pre moon & antartica :(

They did play parting of the sensory though which might be my fav song that came out this year.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    I saw them for the second time at Look Park in Northampton MA last summer. Awesome open air venue and another good show. Would love to see PJ there.
    Hold On
  • Options
    modest mouse is a great band. one of the few that actually have an original sound and keep it real. a track i especially dig off their new album is "florida". check it out. johnny marr is a great addition.
    Stage College 03, Philly 05, Camden 06, Los Angeles 06, Los Angeles 07 (Ed solo w/ Flea and Jack Irons), MSG I & II 08, Beacon 08, Ed NYC II
  • Options
    intodeep wrote:
    I saw them last night and again they were just okay. My biggest complaint is the short set. they played a little over an hour. It was a little christmas festival so maybe that is why. They band was really tight and i loved what they played.

No spitting venom though and only 1 or 2 tracks from pre moon & antartica :(

They did play parting of the sensory though which might be my fav song that came out this year.

I saw them in Gwinnett too and thought the same. I also thought it was wierd that they played more off Good News than We Were Dead. I was hoping for LIttle Motel, People as Places, or Missed the Boat, but struck out. I also think they were supposed to encore, but called it off. You could tell in the delay from when they went off to when the house lights went up and how there was a tech out there, looking like he was preparing for some more songs. That and they went on 10 min late and still finished 10 min. earlier than they were supposed to.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited April 2015
    Now they're reissuing Building Nothing Out of Something and Interstate 8!!!!! :clap:

http://modern-vinyl.com/2015/03/25/modest-mouse-announces-building-nothing-interstate-8-reissues/

(sorry - again, just found this thread in a search and posted... why is it on the Porch? I don't know)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    florence151florence151 Posts: 597
    Saw them at Look Park in Florence MA. It's an outdoor venue in the shape of an amphitheater with only lawn. They were really good.
    Hold On
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,840
    intodeep said:

Yeah. Like when i saw them in 00 and sonic youth opened adn people were booing sonic youth... WTF

Sonic youth does suck. Modest mouse is really awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited May 2016
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Bird889Bird889 Posts: 423
    Ok here is my story. In 2008 I took my sons.to Philly to see PJ play 2 shows at Camden. I scored tickets at the Mann the night before to see REM, MM and the National. Sitting in the row in front of us was Jeff and Ed. No one around us recognized them and were stepping on them as they shuffled by to their seats. We didn't bother them and did not make a scene.

They were really into MM. Jeff was snapping pics with his phone and they were both really into them. They left before REM set and EV ended out coming out to join them for Begin the Begin. Funny to see everyone around us flipping out when I told them they were sitting next to them half the night.

True story.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of
    arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to
    slide in sideways, BBQ sandwich in one hand, cold beer in the other,
    body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "Woo Hoo what a
    ride"!
    Unknown