Options

Fuck sakes COMATOSE is one badass song

glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
edited January 2008 in The Porch
feel it rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Fuck yeah, it is!!
    - Justin

You think the Slayer tour is out, or what?

"Finally! I get to save the earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows." -- Al Gore.
  • Options
    I'm still not keen on the chorus, but I'll take it cus the rest of the song is cool.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    i didn't like this song when i heard it on 'cado but after seeing it live i totally dig it. correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe they had a huge bright white light on stage during this song and the fellas almost look like shadows.

my favorite version is from the letterman show. mike goes fucking ape shit wild.
    Follow the ageless tide.
    Follow the angled light.
    Follow the strangest tribe.
  • Options
    best song off the last album IMO, but then again I prefer Brain of J and Lukin over Given to Fly and Inside Job

....just sayin
    the Minions
  • Options
    One more reason self titled is the most complete PJ album to date!
  • Options
    Yeah Comatose rocks! It's fantastic live.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    glasshouse wrote:
    feel it rising!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ".....FOR ALL E-TERN-I-TYYYYYY!!!!!!"
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i'm listening to a live version right now... it grabs me by the balls, swings me around a bit... and then releases me into abuilding made of broken glass and congealed monkey jizz.

eh... that was a good thing by the way :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    i'm listening to a live version right now... it grabs me by the balls, swings me around a bit... and then releases me into abuilding made of broken glass and congealed monkey jizz.

eh... that was a good thing by the way :)

I thought you were going to comment on the fact that it's 'For fuck's sake', not 'Fuck sakes' :D
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    "Fuck the Detroit Pistons...Sorry...Sorry Detroit"--EV during Comatose in Cleveland 5/20/06
    "I'd like to thank all you mother fuckers. All you mother fuckers..." EV-10/03/05
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    I thought you were going to comment on the fact that it's 'For fuck's sake', not 'Fuck sakes' :D

thought about it... decided it would not be in keeping with the theme of the thread ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    next stop falling....
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    this song is CRRRAZY played live!!!! The boys did a good job on this tune!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,526
    "I'll break the law, if it's illegal for us to fuck." -IIC version.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    "Fuck the Detroit Pistons...Sorry...Sorry Detroit"--EV during Comatose in Cleveland 5/20/06
    yeah...yeah...yeah.

what a lot of people never got to experience was the awesomeness that was a part of the live version at (and prior to) the Detroit show in 06.

Ed used a megaphone for the lines "High above,... I'll break the law,... If it's illegal To be in love,... Leave the hatred,.. On the cross".

Click here to download the Detroit 06 version.

After these lines at the Detroit 06 show Ed ceremoniously smashed the megaphone on the stage...about as hard as anyone could. it exploded into a moonfull of pieces of which some went showering into the crowd. I don't think he's ever sung it with the megaphone again since.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    I Love Comotose!

It easily could have been on Vs!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    Yeah Comatose rocks! It's fantastic live.

It does indeed...when the album came out I was SOO looking forward to seeing it live...and it was amazing :D
  • Options
    It does indeed...when the album came out I was SOO looking forward to seeing it live...and it was amazing :D

its one of those songs that is really energetic and gets you freakin FLOWin live!!! Anytime comatose is played, its a damn good show!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    writersuwritersu Posts: 1,867
    I can't understand most of the words but the song and the way its played makes it an awesome song......

never heard it live live.....only "live" second hand.......
    Baby, You Wouldn't Last a Minute on The Creek......

Together we will float like angels.........

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    I can't understand most of the words but the song and the way its played makes it an awesome song......

never heard it live live.....only "live" second hand.......

awwwww WHAT??!!!! my favorite lyric in that song is "somethin never thought youd be part of!" i feel like it pertains to us fans being so into the boys. Like, joining the fan club waaaaay back when it first began and all these years later not EVER thinking we'd still be a "part of" it all.

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    awwwww WHAT??!!!! my favorite lyric in that song is "somethin never thought youd be part of!" i feel like it pertains to us fans being so into the boys. Like, joining the fan club waaaaay back when it first began and all these years later not EVER thinking we'd still be a "part of" it all.

I will have to listen to it again when I'm not so tired out and yet can't sleep to see just if I have not listened well enough to the song.

but haven't you ever liked songs even though maybe the words were not 100% clear to you?

In the moment that you left the room, the album started skipping, goodbye to beauty shared with the ones that you love.........
  • Options
    writersu wrote:
    but haven't you ever liked songs even though maybe the words were not 100% clear to you?

all the damn time!

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    all the damn time!

cool, me too. somehow when I sing along on those parts, usually alone or just happened to be looking out the window of the car, mumbling the words but not the words.

we had a guy im hs that did that all of the time and when he did his eyes would get all deep as he sung all the wrong words........such a funny memory of such a goofy time of life..............

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578
    SENROCK! wrote:
    its one of those songs that is really energetic and gets you freakin FLOWin live!!! Anytime comatose is played, its a damn good show!

It is...for me, when I heard it on the album, I knew I that when I heard it live I would experience the same feelings I had my first time I heard Porch live...and I was right!