Options

Waiting

phoebephoebe Posts: 25
edited September 2003 in Poetry, Prose, Music & Art
Please make this longing go away.
But secretly, you know I want it to stay.

Not sure if I'd rather have you gone...
or sit here and wait till the light of dawn.

Can't go to sleep cuz I'll only wonder...
Lie there and think... can't help but ponder...
...what if I'd waited just a little longer...?

Just need your voice to send me off to dream.
It frustrates me so badly I want to scream.
I should just go now.
But, it's just not fair.
Why should I wait?
I'm fully here, and you're barely there.

I'm ready and willing...
But where are you?
Doing your own thing...
that's nothing new.

If I go now what will I miss?
Nothing any different than all of this...

You speak, my heart leaps with joy...
It's like I'm your little wind up toy.
Sitting, waiting for you to turn me on....
Wind me up, watch me go...
Where I end up, God only knows...
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
-Mahatma Gandhi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    setaside2setaside2 Posts: 1,084
    I really enjoyed that one. It had late night written all over it and a feeling that I know all too well.

:( divorce sucks, and it feels an awful lot like your poem, let me tell you. no matter how soft or detached the rejection, that's all it is.

be true to your love.

seta
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by setaside2
    I really enjoyed that one. It had late night written all over it and a feeling that I know all too well.

:( divorce sucks, and it feels an awful lot like your poem, let me tell you. no matter how soft or detached the rejection, that's all it is.

be true to your love.

seta

let me just say, I absolutely love how people interpret poetry and music differently... depending on our experiences...

the poem is actually about long distance love... and one person not feeling the same as the other one...

but, I think it's awesome that you took your own message from it.

Poetry speaks so many words in only a few.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    -Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    I should just go now.
    But, it's just not fair.
    Why should I wait?
    I'm fully here, and you're barely there.

But where are you?
    Doing your own thing...
    that's nothing new.

Wind me up, watch me go...
    Where I end up, God only knows...

Phoebe... if you are in long distance love, grins to you, babe. But, chopped down, these are the lines that made me feel the way I do. I meant no disrespect.

seta
    I'm stepping in front of the gushing hydrant in a hurricane. I'd like to see the traction I keep.
  • Options
    Phoebe... if you are in long distance love, grins to you, babe. But, chopped down, these are the lines that made me feel the way I do. I meant no disrespect.

seta

no no no! no disrespect taken... the exact opposite, actually...

and it's not a relationship of sorts.... I actually wrote this last year... at night... while waiting on a phone call that never came...

waiting sucks...

it will drive you mad...

but, the waiting is over now...

sometimes finality, even when it isn't what you dreamed of, is some sort of sweet relief... somewhere down the line :)
    -Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    Originally posted by phoebe

sometimes finality, even when it isn't what you dreamed of, is some sort of sweet relief... somewhere down the line

I could not possibly agree with you more.
  • Options
    I could not possibly agree with you more.

"no matter how cold the winter... there's a spring time ahead..."
    -Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    ah yes and some winters are harsh my dear
    with drifts seven feet high
    the ability to see past all that has been swindled
    white in your eye

Must live through the winter. LOL you know there are flowers that only bloom in the snow.
  • Options
    sometimes finality, even when it isn't what you dreamed of, is some sort of sweet relief... somewhere down the line

well said.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BhagavadGita

well said.

thank you :)
    -Mahatma Gandhi
  • Options
    Originally posted by phoebe
    let me just say, I absolutely love how people interpret poetry and music differently... depending on our experiences...

the poem is actually about long distance love... and one person not feeling the same as the other one...

but, I think it's awesome that you took your own message from it.

Poetry speaks so many words in only a few.

i think thats maybe i loved this poem Phoebe

a lot of mine are on that same topic
    its a hard pain to bear
    Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
    INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
    Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
    E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
    Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
    Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
  • Options
    Originally posted by sultryevening

i think thats maybe i loved this poem Phoebe

a lot of mine are on that same topic
    its a hard pain to bear

yes.. it is... it's one of the hardest things to deal with :\
    -Mahatma Gandhi