You do not have a right to see Pearl Jam.

bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Why does everyone treat it that it is their right to see Pearl Jam every year? The "Wait and See Crowd" begging to find out whether there will be other shows obviously do not want to go to Bonnaroo. So don't fucking go. This reasoning that "I have to see Pearl Jam every year so I'll pay whatever it takes or go wherever I have to go" is stupid. What causes this need to see Pearl Jam at all costs? You can skip a show. You can skip a year.

Bonnaroo is a FESTIVAL. If you would rather see a Pearl Jam only show in Sacramento or Tampa Bay or wherever, then why in the hell would you go to a FESTIVAL? It makes NO sense.

Nobody should be waiting for futher tour announcements regarding their Bonnaroo decision. It should be the easiest decision of your life. Personally, I don't like festivals, so I am not going to go. See, that wasn't too difficult.

So continue badgering the Ten Club for tour announcements that are not ready yet. Especially when you know they will play a few shows, but not a full tour.

P.S. For those who missed the point of my post or if I did not make it clear enough: I go to ten shows a year. I'll travel as far as it takes. I am not saying that you shouldn't spend your money on Pearl Jam. God knows I've spent at least $10,000 over the years. The point is for those who think that they should have a right to hear PJ's complete tour schedule a year in advance so they can plan. I could see if they announced shows dates for a tour 3 shows at a time. This was a festival show that they do not control. So, you can't expect them to announce a tour in August and September just because a festival they are a part of in June announced its own dates.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• spot on...
    paris96,manchester2000,astoria2006,dublin2006,
    london2007,copenhagen2007,shepards bush empire 2009,
    rotterdam 2009,manchester 2009,london 2009.belfast 2010,berlin 2010.
  • Are you saying there is a tour anouncement coming?

• Nobody should be waiting for futher tour announcements regarding their Bonnaroo decision. It should be the easiest decision of your life. Personally, I don't like festivals, so I am not going to go. See, that wasn't too difficult.

note to self: add 'bootlegger10' to list of clueless douchbags on pearljam.com message board

Your post makes no sense at all. I want to see pearl jam this year. I don't think it's my right (retarded thread title) but it's definitely something I want to do. now, I live 14 hours away from Bonnaroo, and about 2 hours away from NYC and Philly. so as you can see, it makes perfect sense to wait and see if they'll do a real tour before you make a choice unless you live in reasonable distance from Bonnaroo and/or really want to go there.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

• Your post makes no sense at all. I want to see pearl jam this year. I don't think it's my right (retarded thread title) but it's definitely something I want to do. now, I live 14 hours away from Bonnaroo, and about 2 hours away from NYC and Philly. so as you can see, it makes perfect sense to wait and see if they'll do a real tour before you make a choice unless you live in reasonable distance from Bonnaroo and/or really want to go there.

100% agreed... I dont know why some folk have such big problems understanding such a logical concept.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • 4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,210
    I afford my self x amount of money to see live music every year. I would spend it all on PJ. But if I dont have to and can see them near me it allows me to see other bands when they come around. So do I spend it all on ROO to see PJ, or should I wait to see if they play closer to me where I could see possibly a couple PJ shows and then my other favorite bands when they come around? I dont think that is stupid do you?

And I love festivals. and I go camping every year. Just the logistics of ROO for me are difficult. And my PJ friend I go to all shows with is a teacher and it is very difficult for him to take off during the school year.
    If they do tour, we may do a little run and maybe fly somewhere and catch 4 shows in a row, and be able to see anythhing in the NorthEast without having to tae any time off from work.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• This reasoning that "I have to see Pearl Jam every year so I'll pay whatever it takes or go wherever I have to go" is stupid.

Why exactly? And frankly, it's not your business what other people spend and how far they choose to go.

Pearl Jam never come to me. (it's "not my right" to see them in my backyard) So, i choose to go to them where ever they play. I don't have a problem with it....i'd just like to know if they're playing anywhere closer than 2000 miles away from me before i spend my tour fund on just one show.
  • 4Powers20 wrote:
    So do I spend it all on ROO to see PJ, or should I wait to see if they play closer to me where I could see possibly a couple PJ shows and then my other favorite bands when they come around? I dont think that is stupid do you?

And I love festivals. and I go camping every year. Just the logistics of ROO for me are difficult. And my PJ friend I go to all shows with is a teacher and it is very difficult for him to take off during the school year.
    If they do tour, we may do a little run and maybe fly somewhere and catch 4 shows in a row, and be able to see anythhing in the NorthEast without having to tae any time off from work.

I don't think it's stupid at all... I think it sounds great, if I was closer I would do it, its just that for me it's the money and 13 hour drive each way and I can't even stay all 4 days.

I dont know why people though are so ticked off by the fact that some of us would rather sit this one out and wait for more annoucement if there is any.
    I know I wont be crushed if they dont announce anything at all and didnt go to Bonnaroo.

I think its great for the ones that are going... I'm being called from the show and sending money with a friend to pick me up some merch so I'm good...

(they are naggin' though and making it really hard for me to stay strong with my decision :D)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    note to self: add 'bootlegger10' to list of clueless douchbags on pearljam.com message board

Your post makes no sense at all. I want to see pearl jam this year. I don't think it's my right (retarded thread title) but it's definitely something I want to do. now, I live 14 hours away from Bonnaroo, and about 2 hours away from NYC and Philly. so as you can see, it makes perfect sense to wait and see if they'll do a real tour before you make a choice unless you live in reasonable distance from Bonnaroo and/or really want to go there.

Exactly.

Here's to hoping for more dates!
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Nobody should be waiting for futher tour announcements regarding their Bonnaroo decision. It should be the easiest decision of your life. Personally, I don't like festivals, so I am not going to go. See, that wasn't too difficult.

Fine if its so cut and dried for you; its not for everyone. I don't see why you have to tell others what to do. If I want to patiently wait to see if there's other dates how does that affect your life? That being said I may go to Bonarroo. I have the luxury of waiting a little while and that's fine. I love PJ but they're not the only band I want to see this summer.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    actually everybody has a 'right' to see Pearl Jam... nobody is stopping anybody...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    i've only seen PJ live once. the second opportunity - Nijmegen 07 - i was unable to go due to personal (read: physical and psychological) issues. IT BROKE MY HEART.

now, the next chance i have i am GOING TO FUCKING SEE THEM, whatever the cost, whatever the sacrifices. even if it means "badgering 10c" for dates and details.

pompous fuck. you actually have a chance to see them and you're not going to because *you don't like festivals*?!?!?!?!?! AND you're even taking a swing at people who are trying to get to every PJ show they possibly can? shame on you, bootlegger.
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."

ill go to as many fucking shows as i want to got to.....or i wont....
    ill travel wherever the fuck i want to travel to ....or i wont....
    ill spend as much money as i want to spend seeing these shows......or i wont.....

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about what a waste of money the roo is.....its my fucking money...if i want to go spend 4 days in a mud pit thats my choice.....hehehehehehe

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about having the "right" to go to the show.....
    i dont need anyone telling me its ok "to take a year off"

again im an adult.....i can make my own fucking decisions.....

*waits for coffee*

good morning everyone..........
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    i wanna see pearl jam atleast 3 times for their next tour. why? because last time i checked.... PEARL JAM FUCKIN OWNS!!! ill blow 150 bux on 3 pj concerts anyday. and i also desperately wanna go to bonnaroo for them, i dont care if its a festival and the setlist may suffer, or they will only play 25 songs.personally i doubt that theyre setlist will suck considering how musically diverse bonnaroo is, PJ will probably play a better set then lolla.

and when did we say its our right? its our choice
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    Hahahaha I love when someone makes a rant thread, and then just get shat on in all of the responses, and doesn't post again in their own thread.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Flagg wrote:
    Exactly.

Here's to hoping for more dates!

and if bonnaroo is the only show they play all year, I can live with the fact that i chose not to go, for whatever reasons, its my choice.

but here's hoping for more dates, preferrably not a festival, preferrably in the south
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    i don't have the right, but i have the privilege.

i have not, and never will regret any of my choices
    as to which shows i have attended.

its an individual decision.
    Nice shirt.
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    And....

You are an idiot.

So much so that your post amused me. :D

You=idiot.

Funny and clueless idiot....But idiot none the less.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I have to say this TS does not seem to have a clue. WTF are they on about?
    Also, I find the 'I won't go see a festival set' a pretty elitist view point. "Oh no, it's 10C shows or nothing for me, I far too pure to see a 'festival set' ". Get over yourselves.
    p.s. I'm really hoping for more shows to be announced, I think I'll badger the 10C for announcements :D

*goes to badger 10C*
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • dumbest thread ever.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008

I'm with you on that one! :D
    I live in Canada. How the fuck do you think I feel?
  • bovy_j wrote:
    I'm with you on that one! :D
    I live in Canada. How the fuck do you think I feel?
    cold???
  • haffajappahaffajappa British Columbia Posts: 5,955
    wow...
    because, we all have enough money to go to bonnaroo and not care about decision making... some people have to weigh out priorities, and decide which they can afford, and what shows/festivals are most realistic. ever think of that?

ps, a lot of us have made friends throughout the past shows/tours and its not about a 'right' to see pearl jam... its a little more than a show to some people - its a chance to see friends you only get to see every once in a while.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam

• ps, a lot of us have made friends throughout the past shows/tours and its not about a 'right' to see pearl jam... its a little more than a show to some people - its a chance to see friends you only get to see every once in a while.

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!
    DING DING DING!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!!!!!!!
    what toy do i get?!!!!
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Why does everyone treat it that it is their right to see Pearl Jam every year? The "Wait and See Crowd" begging to find out whether there will be other shows obviously do not want to go to Bonnaroo. So don't fucking go. This reasoning that "I have to see Pearl Jam every year so I'll pay whatever it takes or go wherever I have to go" is stupid. What causes this need to see Pearl Jam at all costs? You can skip a show. You can skip a year.

Bonnaroo is a FESTIVAL. If you would rather see a Pearl Jam only show in Sacramento or Tampa Bay or wherever, then why in the hell would you go to a FESTIVAL? It makes NO sense.

So continue badgering the Ten Club for tour announcements that are not ready yet. Especially when you know they will play a few shows, but not a full tour.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Here's how easy my decision went - "Hmm, sounds like fun, I like festivals. Oh, it's in TN, never mind."

No big deal. I know they will always tour again. They already told us this would be a busy year. And they never said this would be the only show this year like they did last year.
  • rival9500 wrote:
    dumbest thread ever.
    badger10c can't take the joy away. i wish i wish i wish all your tour dreams come true and if they don't i'll pony up and pay what ever. a wish for ny, pa, va, dc, md, wv, and my good friends in the beautiful country of CANADA. not pestering for a release but no one said bonnaroo was the only appearance this year either. ps i'm sure that those close enough to enjoy bonnaroo are relieved that you won't be joining them badger10c you are a buzz kill
    03 bristow,04 reading,05 toronto,05 phillie,06 camden,06 dc,07 chicago,08 dc,08 camden,09 philliex2,10 bristow
    eddie solo 08 dc,09 balt, 11 phillie
    badger10c can't take the joy away. i wish i wish i wish all your tour dreams come true and if they don't i'll pony up and pay what ever. a wish for ny, pa, va, dc, md, wv, and my good friends in the beautiful country of CANADA. not pestering for a release but no one said bonnaroo was the only appearance this year either. ps i'm sure that those close enough to enjoy bonnaroo are relieved that you won't be joining them badger10c you are a buzz kill
    we need more people to make optimistic threads. :)
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    i reserve the right to do as i please with my$$$$ for any show/shows that i choose to attend giving that i score tickets ,i do expect 10c to give us paying customers as much info as possible with in a reasonable time frame to make sound decissions on shows that will be announced ..........:D
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • i do expect 10c to give us paying customers as much info as possible with in a reasonable time frame to make sound decissions on shows that will be announced ..........:D
    isn't it a little early for you to be drunk already?

:D haha kidding, i agree with ya!

but yeah, who cares what people do with their money, see every show or only one or not at all, do what works for you. like quartertoten said earlier, i have never regretted a single show i've seen. and seeing friends at the shows makes it even more worth it :)
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    im an adult....
    who can make his own decisions....

ill go to as many fucking shows as i want to got to.....or i wont....
    ill travel wherever the fuck i want to travel to ....or i wont....
    ill spend as much money as i want to spend seeing these shows......or i wont.....

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about what a waste of money the roo is.....its my fucking money...if i want to go spend 4 days in a mud pit thats my choice.....hehehehehehe

i dont need anyone giving me a speech about having the "right" to go to the show.....
    i dont need anyone telling me its ok "to take a year off"

again im an adult.....i can make my own fucking decisions.....

*waits for coffee*

good morning everyone..........

Fuck Speedy, I owe you another beer at roo, well put, thats 2 beers on me by god!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08