to make me happy or sad
and perhaps I could go off alone
to forget what it's like to need.

When my desires and I are separated
by miles, and not borders
or by circumstance
and a full moon reminds me
that he can be in that place
where I cannot be, even while he is here.

And music and a cool breeze,
a long drive and the smell of hay
cannot whitewash my mood,
and even while I blame her,
I know it's me that has slipped into this place
not her.

I know tonight I will sleep alone
and it is the worst time to miss someone
but the morning will come
and tomorrow could be better...
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ISNISN Posts: 1,700
    that's what's so wonderful about the future.....when you've completely been through all that there is to go through......and you're totally worn out with fretting and anguish, things suddenly start to get better, and you congratulate yourself on never having given up......it might seem trite to say it, but when you've hit rock bottom, there's no other way than up.....and somehow 'up' just seems so good, after you've been through hell.....more than once......come on, smile.....it's gotta get better.......
    ....they're asking me to prove why I should be allowed to stay with my baby in Australia, because I'm mentally ill......and they think I should leave......
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i appreciate how it ends on a hopeful note.........well said mig. :)

i fully identify with the first stanza. :o
    ...and i truly love: When my desires and I are separated
    by miles, and not borders
    or by circumstance
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DopeBeastieDopeBeastie Posts: 2,513
    i shudder to think what kind of world it'd be if people couldn't make us happy or sad... a whole buncha monks, looking for some rocky crag to sit on, alone

poetry would be pointless, you know? so would music.

blame is natural. fins wrote a song called "Faith in Blame", as in "there isn't any"... and it's true ~ but it's so HARD to have Faith when things go totally wrong. it's hard not to blame other people for being stodgy, unforgiving a-holes, because we can't undo our mistakes. even with our sincerest apologies. we eat crow. we put our feet in our mouths... all of that ~ because stuff can't get unsaid... and because you can't get the toothpaste back in the tube. and we're stuck with it.

and like y'all said... we heal up and move on and do better next time, right? maybe they'll forgive us ~ but forgiveness is an odd commodity, these days.

it's human to feel. and human to feel happy because someone likes us... and sad when they don't. then you come to a point where you KNOW you're doing your absolute best, and you stop trying to change to make people like you. hopefully you find one or two people in this world who can stand you. if you do, i suppose they say "you're lucky"

nice insightful piece ~ i like the reference to the moon... he's been pretty these past couple nights
  • Options
    It's sad but true...most of the time true happiness does depend on other people. Que merde.
    If there was a chair in which I could comprehend, I would stand always and embrace the path