In the morning, I'll smell carnival in your hair:

Sawdust and barnyard animals
Freshly mown grass
And a hint of stale beer.

Soon it will all be over:

And I will dream of something else
Besides the ferris wheel and corn dogs
And cotton candy on your breath.
...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Bumfuq, MT Posts: 6,395
    Quick followup that doesn't deserve it's own thread:

I'm a Counting Crows fan, and while I consider them to be a listenable band, I've never thought their stuff was brilliant. Sometimes touching, but not brilliant. Then I was listening to their VH1 Storytellers disc (Disc 1 of Across a Wire) and the version of Round Here. One shining moment of brilliance:

I walk in the air between the rain,
    Through myself and back again

It's cheesy and cliche, but I love that line.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    i rather liked this offering as well as being a fan of the counting crowes. i think they have many moments of eloquent poignance...i'm rather fond of anna begins as a general rule and this little bit always gets me for reasons i'm not sure i understand myself:

"every time she sneezes i believe it's love
    and oh lord, i'm not ready for this kind of thing"

even writing the phrase makes me wonder at why it is so powerful a moment for me, maybe its the swell of the music or the urgency/tenderness in the vocal delivery that tugs at my heart every time i hear it...but nonetheless...i love the counting crows no matter what anyone else has to say about em. :D
  • Options
    Quick followup that doesn't deserve it's own thread:

I'm a Counting Crows fan, and while I consider them to be a listenable band, I've never thought their stuff was brilliant. Sometimes touching, but not brilliant. Then I was listening to their VH1 Storytellers disc (Disc 1 of Across a Wire) and the version of Round Here. One shining moment of brilliance:

I walk in the air between the rain,
    Through myself and back again

It's cheesy and cliche, but I love that line.

i'd say that VH1 storytellers made me a Crows fan. I liked them until i heard the album adn now i love them. the whole CD is good, especially round here, and your right about Round Here and taht line, amazing
    "be a philosopher but, amid all your philosophy, be first a man" - david hume

Mitch Hedberg- RIP 1968-2005. your jokes have laughed me through a lot. I thank you.