Corduroy and teeth

emergeemerge Posts: 22
edited February 2008 in The Porch
Hello people,
actually I was checking out the WikiJam page for the lyrics to Corduroy and I saw this in the trivia section:

"(...) That's why instead of a lyric sheet we put in an X-ray of my teeth from last January and they are all in very bad shape, which was analogous to my head at the time."

So I got curious (hey I know you guys don't like talking about the band's privacy but I'm no obsessive maniac fan type. And what the hell, he must be OK with this since he made that piece of x-ray public himself...) & showed the lyric sheet to my father who is a dentist.

Quite surprisingly, he said "it's good. Normal occlusion and good gum." and added "he must be around 24".

I said he was around 30.

He said "for a 30 yr old they are in excellent shape."

Conclusion: yeah so his teeth weren't all in very bad shape like Ed thought they were.

Yeah, that's about it. I hope I didn't break the privacy rule or anything, I thought this would be no different from analyzing a Yield pic. Whatever.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• He was 28 I think. That's pretty cool. I don't think you broke any rules ;)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • i actually always thought that it was supposed to symbolize many of the songs' meanings on the album, which was lack of privacy. meaning, ed was feeling so exposed that people could even see his dental records. does that make sense? that's pretty interesting though, i had never heard that quote before.
  • the title of this thread made me think of corduroy pants and metal teeth of a zipper. and i cringed.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18