'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Thank you so much for linking this!
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,720
    Yes, thank you perfectlefts! Very cool.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    reesdogreesdog Auckland, NZ. Posts: 1,981
    Ordered the Blu-ray Disc from overseas of Stop Making Sense and it wasn't easy to track it down online at a reasonable price, some are going for around US$45 with added postage! Managed to find one from Sweden for US$16 brand new.

Watched it last night on a big tv with decent two-channel speakers and fuck me it was good! I love Talking Heads and watching that concert film wanted me to somehow time travel back to the mid-eighties to see them live.... sigh!! I was nine when it came out in 1984..
    A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom.
  • Options
    HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    IMHO the best concert movie ever.

I believe it was compiled from 3 shows.
    #FHP
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,880
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    reesdog said:
    Ordered the Blu-ray Disc from overseas of Stop Making Sense and it wasn't easy to track it down online at a reasonable price, some are going for around US$45 with added postage! Managed to find one from Sweden for US$16 brand new.

Watched it last night on a big tv with decent two-channel speakers and fuck me it was good! I love Talking Heads and watching that concert film wanted me to somehow time travel back to the mid-eighties to see them live.... sigh!! I was nine when it came out in 1984..
    Stop Making Sense I one of the best concert movies ever recorded. I have it on DVD and CD.

I waited on David Byrne in 1984 after he had just played the Hampton Coliseum on their Speaking In Tongues Tour 1984. He came into Denny's around 2:30am to my table with 3 women. I went to the show which played to only half of the 14k Coliseum.  I'd never seen that b4 out couple hundred concerts there. He asked me how was our salads? I hesitated and said, same as it ever was while doing a chopping motion on my arm. The women started to crack up and he chuckled. I told him I loved the show then he questioned if I was there then I opened my uniform showing my yellow sleeveless tour tshirt. He approved and ordered a ceaser salad and red wine. Then later autographed the check. One could tell appeared to be very bright without being obvious about it. One of my best star early morning meetings of several.

✌️
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Yes!
    g under p said:
    reesdog said:

Stop Making Sense I one of the best concert movies ever recorded. I have it on DVD and CD.

I waited on David Byrne in 1984 after he had just played the Hampton Coliseum on their Speaking In Tongues Tour 1984. He came into Denny's around 2:30am to my table with 3 women. I went to the show which played to only half of the 14k Coliseum.  I'd never seen that b4 out couple hundred concerts there. He asked me how was our salads? I hesitated and said, same as it ever was while doing a chopping motion on my arm. The women started to crack up and he chuckled. I told him I loved the show then he questioned if I was there then I opened my uniform showing my yellow sleeveless tour tshirt. He approved and ordered a ceaser salad and red wine. Then later autographed the check. One could tell appeared to be very bright without being obvious about it. One of my best star early morning meetings of several.

✌️

Great story!
    And what a great band.  I saw them at the San Francisco Civic in '82 (Tom Tom Club and Black Uhuru as well!) and the energy level, professionalism, and great vibe of that band made for a knock out show!

And I just read last night that they are getting back together for the first time in 21 years!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    brianlux said:
    Yes!
    g under p said:
    reesdog said:

✌️

Great story!
    And what a great band.  I saw them at the San Francisco Civic in '82 (Tom Tom Club and Black Uhuru as well!) and the energy level, professionalism, and great vibe of that band made for a knock out show!

And I just read last night that they are getting back together for the first time in 21 years!

Yeah only to talk about SMS! He has stated a reunion will never happen. 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Yes!
    g under p said:
    reesdog said:

✌️

Great story!

Yeah only to talk about SMS! He has stated a reunion will never happen. 

True, but I'm a sucker for being hopeful that they will make some music as well.  Long shot?  Probably... still hopeful.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,432
    David Byrne finally admitted that he was a "little tyrant" and broke up the band too soon.

• Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    David Byrne finally admitted that he was a "little tyrant" and broke up the band too soon.

I read that maybe he’s softening up a bit but not enough to restart the band it’s really too bad! 
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Here's a bit more on why he was a bit of a tyrant.
    Titled:
    Why David Bryne Walked Out On Talking Heads Final Concert
    https://ultimateclassicrock.com/david-byrne-talking-heads-final-concert/

✌️

*We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Listening to it and it sounds awesome! It’s a shame they can’t pull together for at least a couple of shows 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Yes!
    g under p said:
    reesdog said:

✌️

Great story!

Exclusively listening to BLACK UHURU right now. They've gotten lost in music selections lately.

✌️

• Options
    g under p said:
    brianlux said:
    Yes!
    g under p said:
    reesdog said:

✌️

Great story!

Exclusively listening to BLACK UHURU right now. They've gotten lost in music selections lately.

✌️

Very cool.  Seeing Black Uhuru (with Sly and Robbie) in their prime was amazing.  Every cell in my body was moving to their massive reggae beat!

• Options
    https://americansongwriter.com/talking-heads-jerry-harrison-reunion-healing-experience-stop-making-sense/
    Uhm can it be that this might get the band together I’m not even thinking shows more like making music together? I can only dream 
  • Options
    it would be nice if they did a few shows. so much $$ potential for a great last bow out.
    byrne's last tour american utopia was a+++

when stop making sense came out there was nothing like it.
    no words can give it, it's due justice, for being one of the best live films ever made

and i love this 1988 track  ;)