Options

***Official Please Play The South Petition***

gardenlovergardenlover Posts: 185
edited December 2013 in The Porch
I was talking to this kind little birdie and it sang to me that i should get all the southerners and start a petition and let the band know how much we love them.
We down here in the south have been taking some hits latley, by some of the people on this board, so all jokes aside let's sign this thing and let the band know the south loves and wants them-and everyone else out there sign it too, and come south in the fall and see them again-and if they come near greenville, sc come and eat some delicious southern treats here at my little bistro.
“It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Count me as a signatory to this here petition........Please play somewhere close besides Cincy......
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Options
    austinsaustins Posts: 9
    *Signing petition*

Play Dallas
    Play K.C.
    Play Memphis
    Play St. Louis
    Play Phoenix
    Play Atlanta
    Play Miami

Play Dallas
    Play Memphis
    Play K.C.
  • Options
    come on sign it southerners-or anybody that wants to come south
    “It’s the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. It’s seeing all those sunsets that does it. You can’t watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighbor’s tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.”

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    come on help a brother out!
    sign this thing

Daniel Quinn
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    *Signs*

West Palm Beach 2-nighter! :)
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    I have faith they'll come either way, but I salute your dedication to the cause.

Count me as signed and let's get a show in North Florida for once (in addition to 2 nights in West Palm).

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I'm always up for a southern show...especially, if "special guests" The Drive-By Truckers" are on the bill

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    artjamartjam Posts: 227
    NC, GA, TN, SC, VA......

c'mon JAM dont let us down!
  • Options
    I'm always up for a southern show...especially, if "special guests" The Drive-By Truckers" are on the bill

PBM
    Ah yes, good call.

Their tour w/ Robert Randolph and Black Crowes looks like a hell of a night if I can catch that this summer.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Come on down to the South. We have the best Sweet Tea in the world.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    We have the best Sweet Tea in the world.

Homemade Ice-Cream...'Nana Puddin'...BBQ

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Homemade Ice-Cream...'Nana Puddin'...BBQ

PBM

Thats what I am talkin about. Some dam good stuff right there.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I was talking to this kind little birdie and it sang to me that i should get all the southerners and start a petition and let the band know how much we love them.
    We down here in the south have been taking some hits latley, by some of the people on this board, so all jokes aside let's sign this thing and let the band know the south loves and wants them-and everyone else out there sign it too, and come south in the fall and see them again-and if they come near greenville, sc come and eat some delicious southern treats here at my little bistro.

*** 2 nights in WPB **** Please!!!!

:)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    spinDrAtlspinDrAtl Posts: 109
    Count me in.

Atlanta
    Charlotte
    Nashville
    Knoxville
    Birmingham
    Charleston
    Tampa
    Orlando

I'd suggest throwing in a small concert at the little outdoor ampitheater in Seaside FL. That will hold a couple hundred devoted fans and they could play 'Oceans'.
    So this is what it's like to be an adult.

Atlanta 4-3-94,Charleston 10-5-96
    Atlanta 8-7-00,Atlanta 4-19-03
    Vegas 6-6-03,Vegas 7-6-06
    Chicago Vic 8-2-07,Columbia 6-16-08
    MSG I 6-24-08, Philadelphia 10-31-09
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    i WAAAAAAAAY in.

its hard to imagine that they aren't going to play anywhere in the south. Is it really a red state thing? what about the european countries that support the war, or allow the CIA to torture on their soil?

p
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    *signs petition*

come back to charlotte!!! :)
    "Music for me is one of the more healing art forms. I think anybody can put on a pair of headphones and put in a disk or play a record and have it change them." - Jeff

Viva la vinyl.

PJ - 10/4/96, 9/4/98, 8/4/00, 8/6/00, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 10/6/04, 6/17/08, 6/22/08, 10/31/09, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/29/13, 10/30/13

Ed Solo - 7/8/11 (shook Eddie's hand!)
  • Options
    Count me in on this one. I'd love for them to come back to Little Rock again. I'm no traveler, due to responsibilities, but I have been fortunate enough to see them twice here in AR. However, I'm a faithful old-school fan, and instead of being selfish (like several elitist, wannabe-Deadhead, jackass Pearl Jam folk I've met), and saying, "Me, me! Come play for ME again! So I can bitch about the setlist!", what I would like more than anything in the world is for EVERYONE who loves them to get at least one chance to see them. This includes a lot of people down South.
  • Options
    sure i'll be another selfish prick.

(if this works im going though :))
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Signed for Texas!!!

There were a bunch of people from TX griping about no shows. Come on, sign this thing!

Kat said it is always OK to petition for shows.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Definitely in!!

Just in case they don't, I went ahead and got tickets to Cincy.

But I am faithfull, I think they will give us a few shows!
    Driving in my car, smoking a cigar. The only time I'm happy is when I play my guitar.

-from "n.s.u." by Cream
  • Options
    Knoxville Tennessee Baby! We got much love for PJ down south!

I have no doubt that they've been planning on coming down south and that they'll indeed come. Honestly, maybe these guys are getting just a little old to be running around in 100-degree heat during the summer months. Maybe they're just waiting to come down here for cooler weather.
    "Get Your Hands Off Of My Woman, M.F.!" - The Darkness
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    4 nights in WPB! Rats, Leash alternated between nights!
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I'm Still Faithfull, but I'm all for signing a petition too.....so PLEASE guys, come back to Florida, we gotta lotta love for you here!!!!

We're Faithfull........We All Believe, We All Believe It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    bryanfurybryanfury Posts: 465
    they don't have to play in my backyard, but charlotte fo sho
    those undecided, needn't have faith to be free
  • Options
    jb13lettersjb13letters Posts: 220
    Sign, and bump.
    Statistically speaking, you're more likely to be pitied by Mr. T than you are to have feet.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    bump bump for WPB and Tampa shows!!!

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    pjtaper wrote:
    4 nights in WPB! Rats, Leash alternated between nights!

HAHA!!!!! :D

:D NOW THAT'S THE SPIRIT!!!!!! :D
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,358
    signed for FLORIDA!

i've got family in florida, so i could have a little family reunion, and see pj
  • Options
    JamonitJamonit Posts: 21
    Play the Carolinas and ride the break on the Outer Banks!!
  • Options
    prytojprytoj Posts: 536
    signed and bumped