Blind Melon

Comments

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    garland09 said:

I was thinking the colored version was blue, mine is pink. Is everyones' colored version pink?

lolobugg said:

garland09 said:

I was thinking the colored version was blue, mine is pink. Is everyones' colored version pink?

mine is a "soup" colour. red and yellow.
    at least that is what it looks like to me. I am colour blind. :lol:
    Yeah, its def not pink. Its marbled orange/yellow/tan...soupy.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Did garland09 just find out that s/he's colour blind? :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,339
    I got my regular black version in the mail yesterday! I wanted this album for a long time, I am very happy they reissued :)
    As with the others who chimed in here, yes the soupy colored version sounds great. Fantastic channel separation on this.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited February 2017
    One of the best sounding LPs ive bought in the past year or so. I love when u pick up stuff that you've never heard before on the CD version. So cool. Magical album. (Soup colored variant)
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    Anyway to tell the difference between the black and coloured without opening? Mine doesnt have a sticker or anything that says its a coloured one?
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    edited February 2017
    Horse2345 said:

Anyway to tell the difference between the black and coloured without opening? Mine doesnt have a sticker or anything that says its a coloured one?

I believe the colored edition from AS will have a sticker on the outer wrap that states its a limited edition colored version.
    Barcode on Black: 888072015890
    Barcode for Colored: 888072015906
    Post edited by Dr. Delight on

Horse2345 said:

I believe the colored edition from AS will have a sticker on the outer wrap that states its a limited edition colored version.
    Cool, thanks. My stickers have the correct bar code but dont mention anything about limited or coloured.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
    Horse2345 said:

Horse2345 said:

Cool, thanks. My stickers have the correct bar code but dont mention anything about limited or coloured.
    That's weird. Mine came with a full sticker on the outer wrapping stating what it was.
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Same here no sticker but barcode is legit.
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    It's a cool little song that Shannon wrote for his dog Wooh when he passed away

Not the best fan made video, but the sound quality is pretty good on this one:

https://youtu.be/9yNp_VS447Y
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Anyone have an update on the Danny Clinch movie project?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

One of the best sounding LPs ive bought in the past year or so. I love when u pick up stuff that you've never heard before on the CD version. So cool. Magical album. (Soup colored variant)

Well said!
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    Horse2345 said:

I haven't opened mine yet, but I don't have a sticker on the outside either. Will have to double check the barcode...
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
    Its all in the barcode. Mine never had a color sticker.

Open that badboy and spin it!
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    It's awesome this got reissued. It's too bad I didn't know about the colour version, but I just ordered the regular one from Amazon.

Its all in the barcode. Mine never had a color sticker.

Open that badboy and spin it!

Mine had a nice square sticker on the top right corner that stated it was a limited edition/colored release.
  • fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    Zod said:

It's awesome this got reissued. It's too bad I didn't know about the colour version, but I just ordered the regular one from Amazon.

Hmm, Amazon has them in stock but analog spark does not. I'm thinking I should cancel my order with AS.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768

Zod said:

Hmm, Amazon has them in stock but analog spark does not. I'm thinking I should cancel my order with AS.
    Same pressing
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• fl4tdrivenfl4tdriven Moscow, PA Posts: 332
    RobbyD462 said:

Zod said:

Same pressing
    I noticed :) order placed.
    Philly 10/21/13 - MSG 5/1/16 - Fenway 8/5/16 - TOTD 11/4/16
    I ordered the coloured version, ages ago too, and got the black version. Mah.
    Haha for what it's worth, I got As0028, opened it to give it a spin tonight and it was coloured.

No sticker on the outside.

Great pressing and great album.
    haha nice!

haha nice!

Just to clear up my back to back posts, I assumed black cause of the numbering, opened tonight, so clearly the numbering doesn't really matter.
    scurtis said:

haha nice!

Just to clear up my back to back posts, I assumed black cause of the numbering, opened tonight, so clearly the numbering doesn't really matter.
    Response i got from Analog

Yes, the colored version will say AS00029 on the marketing sticker that’s on the front of the LP.

Best,
    Mark
    Because its /500 you get the slight feeling of keeping it sealed. Then u say "F it. No way im selling this. The wife wouldn't let me sell it anyway because its one of her top 5 albums too. Lets blast this!"

That sealed feeling lasted about ten seconds. Glad everyone is playing theirs. Sounds amazing
    Horse2345 said:

scurtis said:

haha nice!

Yes, the colored version will say AS00029 on the marketing sticker that’s on the front of the LP.

Best,
    Mark
    Yeah I get that, just saying my experience was different. I got an AS0028 with a colored record inside.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    time to give this another spin
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    scurtis said:

Horse2345 said:

scurtis said:

haha nice!

Best,
    Mark
    Yeah I get that, just saying my experience was different. I got an AS0028 with a colored record inside.
    I have to apologize, I didn't get what you meant at first, or I was too dumb when I read it.

Mine are the same. Jacket says AS00028, sticker says AS00029.

Is that the norm for all of them then? Discogs made it seem like the jacket would read AS00028.