Options

ShineDown - Save Me

Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
edited December 2005 in Other Music
Anyone else thinks this songs rocks??? i do !!! :)
"I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I like it but I like just about every other song off their album a lot more. The lyrics are better in the other songs, the guitar solos are amazing, everything. Check down about 4 pages down for a topic about Shinedown I have. It didn't get much attention but it has a bunch of acoustic videos of Save Me, 45, I Dare You, and such. Best album of the year and an amazing vocalist.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    I like it but I like just about every other song off their album a lot more. The lyrics are better in the other songs, the guitar solos are amazing, everything. Check down about 4 pages down for a topic about Shinedown I have. It didn't get much attention but it has a bunch of acoustic videos of Save Me, 45, I Dare You, and such. Best album of the year and an amazing vocalist.

Awesome man i'll have to pick that up!!!

I'll check out your post!!

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    Awesome man i'll have to pick that up!!!

I'll check out your post!!

No problem, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. They do a pretty sweet cover of One by U2 as well in those acoustic videos. Well, I think it's sweet even though I don't think I've heard the original.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    shinedown kicks ass
  • Options
    that song sucks. and if im thinking of the same one as what was mentioned, so does that 45 song.
  • Options
    patw486 wrote:
    that song sucks. and if im thinking of the same one as what was mentioned, so does that 45 song.

How come you think this my brother ?? :)

.NJD.
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    Shinedown's cover of "Simple Man" is incredible!!!!!! It gives me the chills everytime I listen to it!!! It's just plain awesome!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    vedderwood wrote:
    Shinedown's cover of "Simple Man" is incredible!!!!!! It gives me the chills everytime I listen to it!!! It's just plain awesome!!!!

check hank williams jr.'s cover then -

i like save me - but, as someone else mentioned, i like every other song better...save me seems a little cliche...see unwritten law's song by the same title. the acoustic version that someone posted was cool - i like watching that guy sing.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • Options
    How come you think this my brother ?? :)

because the lyrics are just lame and it sounds like everything else that gets played on the radio these days. also, i was disgusted when i heard their cover of simple man. i dont even think it had a guitar solo but i only heard it once and it was a long time ago so maybe i'm wrong. i still hated it though.
  • Options
    Its Catchy,

But they are apart of that list of bands i hate

Creed
    Nickelback
    Staind
    Three doors down
    Seether
    Papa roach
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I really don't like them, but I will admit to liking the cover of SImple Man
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Its Catchy,

Creed
    Nickelback
    Staind
    Three doors down
    Seether
    Papa roach

I don't understand the dilike for Seether....so many people think that no new bands can be any good... i bought their new cd and i think it's alright..

I hate how some people can't like a song or a group just cuz they get a song played on the radio.

.NJD.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    I get that all the time, but I just can't get into it because I think they suck.

There's plenty bands that don't get played on the radio that I think the same of.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    Echoes wrote:
    I get that all the time, but I just can't get into it because I think they suck.

There's plenty bands that don't get played on the radio that I think the same of.

Fair enough :)

.NJD.
  • Options
    Its Catchy,

Creed
    Nickelback
    Staind
    Three doors down
    Seether
    Papa roach

*shudders*

I don't know how you can put them in the same league as those bands(except Seether, who rock). Those bands don't have any passion in their music or really any talent. I don't think you've even listened to their new album and I don't think anyone one these boards has. Granted, there's a lot of haters but the guitarist, Jasin, has some killer guitar solos on the new album. Their song Lady So Devine is entirely nothing like what's played on the radios nowadays and the best song they've done. Those other bands couldn't touch the talent of Brent vocally or lyrically (though I admit Save Me was nothing special) or Jasin's guitar playing. A lot of people seem to write them off as sounding the same but after listening to their new album I don't think any band on the radio could do something like that really.

And to the guy that said Simple Man cover didn't have a guitar solo, they haven't done any version of the song that wasn't acoustic and slow. A guitar solo just wouldn't fit with the style they did. They aren't a cover band and probably did the song becuase they're huge fans of classic rock and southern rock.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    pj_zombie wrote:
    *shudders*

I don't know how you can put them in the same league as those bands(except Seether, who rock). Those bands don't have any passion in their music or really any talent. I don't think you've even listened to their new album and I don't think anyone one these boards has. Granted, there's a lot of haters but the guitarist, Jasin, has some killer guitar solos on the new album. Their song Lady So Devine is entirely nothing like what's played on the radios nowadays and the best song they've done. Those other bands couldn't touch the talent of Brent vocally or lyrically (though I admit Save Me was nothing special) or Jasin's guitar playing. A lot of people seem to write them off as sounding the same but after listening to their new album I don't think any band on the radio could do something like that really.

And to the guy that said Simple Man cover didn't have a guitar solo, they haven't done any version of the song that wasn't acoustic and slow. A guitar solo just wouldn't fit with the style they did. They aren't a cover band and probably did the song becuase they're huge fans of classic rock and southern rock.

the guitar solo is part of what makes that song great. you cant leave it out.
  • Options
    patw486 wrote:
    the guitar solo is part of what makes that song great. you cant leave it out.

Maybe so and in their live version on their DVD I think I remember a solo, I'm not sure. All the same, Brent's voice is amazing enough to make my skin crawl when he sings it live.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---