Options

Bridge School Benefit 1996

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I'm watching it now and its beautiful. The mood is so serene and relaxed, and some of the performances are wonderful. Corduroy, Nothingman, and Black are exceptional.

On a side note, Ed looks pretty chubby during the show! I'm guessing 1996 was binge-eating year.
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I'm watching it now and its beautiful. The mood is so serene and relaxed, and some of the performances are wonderful. Corduroy, Nothingman, and Black are exceptional.

On a side note, Ed looks pretty chubby during the show! I'm guessing 1996 was binge-eating year.

Two of the best nights of my life! I almost shat myself when PT came out on night one to play a few songs! Great shows! If you thought Ed looks chubby there you should see his face at Bridge School '94. It looks like he was stung by 300 bees.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Two of the best nights of my life! I almost shat myself when PT came out on night one to play a few songs! Great shows! If you thought Ed looks chubby there you should see his face at Bridge School '94. It looks like he was stung by 300 bees.

I actually listened to the Bridge School '94 shows earlier today, but i've never seen them. I'm guessing they're on youtube somewhere, i might have a look. Although, i think i've seen a pic and isn't his hair completely nuts and sticking way out?
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    I actually listened to the Bridge School '94 shows earlier today, but i've never seen them. I'm guessing they're on youtube somewhere, i might have a look. Although, i think i've seen a pic and isn't his hair completely nuts and sticking way out?

Yeah. His hear is sticking out of his chewed up Cubs hat. Both nights have some great songs as well (Walking The Cow, Bee Girl, Immortality, etc.).
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,527
    Where are you watching this?
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    I was just watching this earlier today also and it was so good.
  • Options
    I was there and that was when I realized how powerful PJ was. There were so many people there that teased us for liking them so much and that we didn't know anything until we heard Neil live. Then to see PJ reach those people and have them turn to us and say "wow, they're the real deal". I honestly think that night was the night I became a die hard fan and never looked back.
    the sun has set, the sun will rise another day....