Options

Dr. Dog Live

Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,680
edited October 2008 in Other Music
Hey Kids

Anyone catch Dr. Dog at the El Mocambo in Toronto on Friday night?

I was absolutely blown away....I'm still blown away...I can't stop thinking about that show. I'm seriously considering taking a week off work to follow this fucking band all over the country. I can't get enough.

THEY ARE AMAZING!!!

Their latest release “Fate” has been getting some heavy rotation around the house as of late (fucking incredible album)...

But I had no idea what an amazing live band they are; So good in fact that the wife and I hopped in the car and drove 7 hours to see them the following night in Montreal.

Do yourself a favor.
Check your local papers, because they’re probably plotting down the east coast of the USA right now. Tickets are ranging from $10-12.00 at the door and trust me...It’s worth every penny!!!

The 2 shows I’ve seen rank up there with any Pearl Jam show I’ve been too.

Ola
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,834
    im seein them at the middle east in cambridge, ma on friday. can't freaking wait. delta spirit is great too.

and yeah 12 bucks. pretty awesome.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,680
    Awesome. You won't be disapointed my friend.
    They're really tight. The harmonies are spot on.

Wait till you seem em' play:

Hang On
    The Ark
    Army Of Ancients
    From
    My Friend
    Fool's Life

Those songs live are just out of this world.

Delta Spirit is great too. They've got this Inde-Springsteen/Dylan feel to them. Very good Compliment to Dr. Dog.

Enjoy the show.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    nothing like bringing a ten year old thread back to life..
    I'm digging the new Dr Dog album.  Looking forward to seeing them in Philly this summer (I wish Delta Spirit was opening)
    Also digging the new Matthew Logan Vasquez (of Delta Spirit per above thread) shit that just dropped.  He's playing at a tiny place in philly in two weeks, gonna try to check him out. 

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,562
    Their best record in a decade, imo. Looking forward to seeing them next weekend. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,402
    ComeToTX said:
    Their best record in a decade, imo. LLooking forward to seeing them next weekend. 
    89.3 The Current will be live streaming the Dr. Dog show tomorrow night in St. Paul on YouTube.

I'll be checking it out since I won't be able to make the show. First time in over 5 years that I won't be at their Twin Cities show.
  • Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 777
    Love “Under the Wheels” from the new album. How is this band live?
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Looking forward to the Philly show tomorrow.  I have two extras - anyone looking for tix?  just looking for face value