Options

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 2006 inductees

chipboychipboy Posts: 137
edited November 2005 in Other Music
NEW YORK - Black Sabbath, Miles Davis and the Sex Pistols are among five musical legends to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation will hold its induction ceremony March 13 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in Manhattan, the organization announced Monday.

Also to be inducted into the class of 2006: 1980s New Wave band Blondie and Southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss, who founded A&M records in 1962, will receive a lifetime achievement award in the non-performer category.

Inductees into the side-men category will be announced at a later date.

Musicians, industry professionals and journalists vote on the nominations. Artists are eligible to be inducted into the Rock Hall after at least 25 years have passed since their first record was released.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    That is a great list, diverse and talented (Blondie was at least interesting....).
  • Options
    I think Iggy and the Stooges got in this year too.Miles and the Pistols...interesting,but in a good way.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Its about time for Sabbath, but where the hell is =VH= ?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    the Sex Pistols are the most overhyped shite ever.
  • Options
    they are a bunch of fuckwads at the RRHoF

still no Rush
    still no VH
    still no mellencamp
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    At least Miles Davis go in before Rush, Van Halen and Mellencamp. Looks like there is at least a tiny bit of justice.
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    skynyrd and sabbath should have been in there years ago.
  • Options
    roman33roman33 Posts: 109
    Big Blondie fan here, nice to see Debbie and the boys get their due. I always thought Clem Burke was one of the best drummers of all time.
    I'm in love with a face that I've never seen
    Once upon a place long time ago
    I'm in love with a time that never took place
    That's easy to trace
    As far as I know
  • Options
    rush deserves it more than almost anyone... i dont think it will ever happen though. fuck the rnr hof
    http://www.myspace.com/sigepnader

History is the polemics of the victor...

LETS GO CARDINALS!
  • Options
    eh, Ive gained a little respect for the place... instead of forever shunning the bands that have complained (sabbath), they have come around. Its not like they were going to take ALL the previously shunned bands and induct them at once... Sabbath, Skynard, and Sex Pistols are all well publisized in their omission...

and i agree, RUSH is now the most glaring omission.
  • Options
    fada wrote:

I agree 100%.
    PJ Cincy 00, Lex 03, Columbus 03, Hershey 03, Benaroya 03, Boston 9/28/04, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids 04, St.L 04, Asheville 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Hamilton 05, Montreal 05, Ottawa 05, Philly 05, Chicago I & II 06, Cincy 06, Las Vegas 06, SD 06, EV LA2 08, Columbia 08, Camden I & II 08
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    fada wrote:

You are on crack.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols, Lynyrd Skynyrd........wankers, all.
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    Black Sabbath, Sex Pistols, Lynyrd Skynyrd........wankers, all.

as is anyone that uses the term "wankers"