Options

Jim O'Rourke solo

barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Has anyone here checked the solo stuff of the producer/collaborator of bands such as Sonic Youth and Wilco on his own?
This week I was exposed to one of his albums, Insignificance, and man, did it get me impressed... solid songs, worked in a very strong way, smart orchestration, great tunes, very mellodic for my surprise, I was expecting something noisier, more experimental... but actually it is experimental, though he doesn't make it obvious, the experiment is more in the recording/mixing process and the unique arrangements for each track.
I'll be for sure looking out for more of his stuff.
Really worth the listen. Anyone has opinions?
Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
-The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
although, God knows, I may not have met her"
-J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240
    Yeah man, I've got that album as well. Very pleasantly surprised after giving it a few listens. Certainly would recommend it.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Yeah i have his Eureka album from 1999 direction i think. Yes it also is quite mellow and trippy with some interesting experimental stuff. I believe his earlier stuff is far more experimental and noisey, especially the ablum he recorded with KK Null