Rufus Wainwright

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited May 2007 in Other Music
any fans? Want Two is a brilliant album and Poses has its moments. should I get his others?
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Do you have Want One? That's quite good too.

I haven't picked up the newest one yet, but probably will this week.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    He is so openly gay and fairly like that you would think that he would produce music of such affinity but he doesn't and the music I've heard from him is very good.
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I have all but the new one and if you like Want Two and Poses you should find things to like on the others. Will also pick up the new one in due course.

Seen him in concert once as well ... and would definitely see him again.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    fada wrote:
    He is so openly gay and fairly like that you would think that he would produce music of such affinity but he doesn't and the music I've heard from him is very good.
    what the hell? are you suggesting that gay people shouldnt be able to make good music? if you think his sexuality hasn't pervaded into his music, listen to gay messiah.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    What I was referring to was that it would suggest that he open gayness he could be making such music like Scissor sisters but he actually makes some great music.
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    We caught his performance locally on Saturday in Bryn Mawr, PA at Borders- he's wonderful in person- such amazing tone and clarity. His new album is solid and worth a pick up- Poses is my favorite- cigarettes and chocolate milk...

Actually, I was turned on to him via an Eddie graced disk- I received the "I am Sam" soundtrack and Rufus has some great songs on there...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    embrace wrote:

Actually, I was turned on to him via an Eddie graced disk- I received the "I am Sam" soundtrack and Rufus has some great songs on there...
    That's right, I forgot he was on "I Am Sam". Good stuff!

I've seen him a number of times and I concur - he's really good live, go see him if you get the chance.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • The MaestroThe Maestro Posts: 100
    Yeah, his "Across the Universe" is incredible.
  • 3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    I don't normally agree with anything Elton John says but i have to concur with him in the opinion that "I Dont Know What It Is" is an amazing song.

Thats what got me onto Rufus and Ive never looked back.

New albums cool too!
  • the new one is very good
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    any fans? Want Two is a brilliant album and Poses has its moments. should I get his others?
    want two was pure garbage
    poses is his TEN
    want one was good if uneven

anyone have his new one? not a fan of the single but love RW.

it seems he hasnt had a coherent album since poses where ever song is great.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    embrace wrote:
    We caught his performance locally on Saturday in Bryn Mawr, PA at Borders- he's wonderful in person- such amazing tone and clarity. .
    SOOO PISSED I DIDNT KNOW HE WAS THERE!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I'm having a Rufus Wainwright moment. Listening to Want 1 & 2 over and over. Have yet to catch him live. He's been over here some times, but I have missed out so far.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014