temple of the dog

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2005 in Other Music
just got it and i had only heard hunger strike. it is truly awesome. i love hunger strike but say hello 2 heaven and wooden jesus are brilliant too. give some love for totd, or sound jam/pearl garden as i call them.
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• danedane Posts: 1,062
    I also just got it and it rocks! Can't believe it took me 14 years to get it!

BTW this has probably been debated before but isn't the beginning of Times of Trouble exactly the same as in Footsteps???
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    dane wrote:
    I also just got it and it rocks! Can't believe it took me 14 years to get it!

BTW this has probably been debated before but isn't the beginning of Times of Trouble exactly the same as in Footsteps???
    i dunno i havent got round to listening to it yet but mike says it is in the lost dogs sleeve.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    some one said footstpes was like rotten apples..
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Footsteps and Times of Trouble are exactly the same.

I love this album I can't imagine not having it. I always loved call me a dog and times of trouble, but I love the tour de force that REach Down is.

Cornell's best lyrical work in my opinion.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • one of the best bands ever
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I love this album. The music on it phenomenal. Times of Trouble and Footsteps are the same music. I think it was Mike or Stone, who had written the music before, sent it to Eddie Vedder to do vocals for, and then used it for TOTD.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • This is a truly compelling masterpiece that will never cease to receive unconditional love from me. The passion and emotion wrapped so gorgeously into each song utterly takes your breath away. From the extremely heart-felt workings through crying guitars and embedded sadness in Cornell's voice in Say Hello 2 Heaven all the way to the lasting fade out of All Night Thing, which beholds such an incredible blues feel to it..it is a precious gem of one of the highest value. Absolutely stunning album, that I dearly recommend to those who haven't heard it yet to go out and find a copy, you'll never regret it.
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • one of the best bands ever
    I'll second that
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I ordered that album from Amazon and it's taking forever for them to process it....shit i ordered it at the end of October.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    ok having had a night to listen intently i have to say it is one of my favourite albums ever, already!!! times of trouble and hunger strike are my favourites. i love the bit in times of trouble where chris sings

"But if somebody left you out on a ledge
    If somebody pushed you over the edge
    If somebody loved you and left you for dead
    You got to hold on to your time till you break
    Through these times of trouble"

it literally gave me shivers. also the "when the spoon is hot, and the needle's sharp" part is haunting.

say hello 2 heaven, wooden jesus. reach down, four walled world, hunger strike, times of trouble, they are all fantastic!!! anyone who reads this and doesnt own it, buy it now!
  • I got this cd at the same time i got Ten, thanks to the house of guitars, but their one of the best bands ever. All that talent that ended up with pearl jam and soundgarden, its like combining the masters of their type of music
    I don't question our existence I just question our modern needs
    -Garden
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    libragirl wrote:
    I ordered that album from Amazon and it's taking forever for them to process it....shit i ordered it at the end of October.
    hmm thats very weird..amazon doesnt have too much of a delay...you should email them.
    but well it will be worth the wait
    Pushing Forward Back and Your Savior are the stand out tracks for me
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA