Options

motorcycle emptiness

Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
edited December 2005 in Other Music
i really like this song by the manic street preachers but, as im sure many will agree, they went way downhill after the holy bible album. im just curious if the album it is off, generation terrorists is worth buying?
"I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I'd say Generation Terrorists is worth getting, there are plenty of good songs on there.

Also, I think Everything Must Go is a fantastic album but I'll agree that some of their later stuff hasn't been that great...still love them though!
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    Musically, their older stuff is mostly poppy dance rock. Which, to me, is crap. Nicky's lyrics can be hit-or-miss (compared to Richey), but muscially, they've evolved considerably. I'd take "1985" over "Roses in the Hospital" any time. Their earlier tunes sound like the time they were created in (early 90's - Motorcycle), whereas a song like "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" still sounds pretty fresh today, nearly 8 years after the song was released.
    I think a lot of people fell in love with the image and the attitude of the old days, and had a hard time accepting that they went on without Richey and grew out of the Madonna-like image changes (slogans spray painted on shirts, sailor suits, Army fatigues, etc.)
    I imagine anyone who likes their earlier music more than what they create now also would enjoy the musical stylings of EMF, Mother Love Bone, etc. LIVE IN THE NOW!

;)

I'm just happy people appreciate the Manics, when it comes right down to it. Except maybe the Cult of Richey.
  • Options
    Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    rockpants wrote:
    Musically, their older stuff is mostly poppy dance rock. Which, to me, is crap. Nicky's lyrics can be hit-or-miss (compared to Richey), but muscially, they've evolved considerably. I'd take "1985" over "Roses in the Hospital" any time. Their earlier tunes sound like the time they were created in (early 90's - Motorcycle), whereas a song like "If You Tolerate This Then Your Children Will Be Next" still sounds pretty fresh today, nearly 8 years after the song was released.
    I think a lot of people fell in love with the image and the attitude of the old days, and had a hard time accepting that they went on without Richey and grew out of the Madonna-like image changes (slogans spray painted on shirts, sailor suits, Army fatigues, etc.)
    I imagine anyone who likes their earlier music more than what they create now also would enjoy the musical stylings of EMF, Mother Love Bone, etc. LIVE IN THE NOW!

;)

I'm just happy people appreciate the Manics, when it comes right down to it. Except maybe the Cult of Richey.
    thats all very well and good but new manics suff is bland and average whereas motorcycle emptiness is a classic. also, i do enjoy the musical stylings of mother love bone. classic music endures time
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    i got everything they have done. generaetion terriosts is good, i think motor cycle is on of their best songs.

i have seen them live and they are good, overall good