Queens of the Stone Age

1457910

Comments

  • xhausted1xhausted1 Posts: 125
    Can anyone see a KC, Mo date on the Ticketmaster site? I see Riot Fest & St Louis, but not KC.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,285
    xhausted1 said:
    Can anyone see a KC, Mo date on the Ticketmaster site? I see Riot Fest & St Louis, but not KC.
    Ticketfly

    http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/mobile/index/1504630?utm_medium=api&skinName=tfly
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 35,573
    edited June 17
    There's tons of links floating around for the deluxe version for fairly cheap- I just found it less than $40 shipped.  FYI up until a few days ago you could still get the Like Clockwork deluxe edition for $16, so this will most lkely be very similar and we'll see them all over the place ace for cheap as hell in a little while.

    @PJ_Soul the deluxe is on 180 gram and pressed at Pallas.  It also has 14 special art prints or something with it ( not a big + for me) but in my research I've found that Like Clockwork's deluxe edition had to most people better sound than the standard version.   The difference in price actually won't be that much, many are guessing $5-$10 when all is said and done, so you probably chose wisely in getting the deluxe although your price does seem pretty high compared to links and discussions I've read.

    vinylcollective and vinylmeplease forums both have lots of chatter about this FYI.
    Thanks man! I don't really want to find out if I over spent, lol. Though I don't think it was that much if at all just because of the conversion rate, and international shipping is always a ton of the cost. What will be nice is that by the time i actuallky get it, I will jave.forgetten the sensation of spending $64 on one record. That lets me pretend it was just free thing that came in the mail. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:
    There's tons of links floating around for the deluxe version for fairly cheap- I just found it less than $40 shipped.  FYI up until a few days ago you could still get the Like Clockwork deluxe edition for $16, so this will most lkely be very similar and we'll see them all over the place ace for cheap as hell in a little while.

    @PJ_Soul the deluxe is on 180 gram and pressed at Pallas.  It also has 14 special art prints or something with it ( not a big + for me) but in my research I've found that Like Clockwork's deluxe edition had to most people better sound than the standard version.   The difference in price actually won't be that much, many are guessing $5-$10 when all is said and done, so you probably chose wisely in getting the deluxe although your price does seem pretty high compared to links and discussions I've read.

    vinylcollective and vinylmeplease forums both have lots of chatter about this FYI.
    Thanks man! I don't really want to find out if I over spent, lol. Though I don't think it was that much if at all just because of the conversion rate, and international shipping is always a ton of the cost. What will be nice is that by the time i actuallky get it, I will jave.forgetten the sensation of spending $64 on one record. That lets me pretend it was just free thing that came in the mail. :lol:
    PJ_Soul said:
    There's tons of links floating around for the deluxe version for fairly cheap- I just found it less than $40 shipped.  FYI up until a few days ago you could still get the Like Clockwork deluxe edition for $16, so this will most lkely be very similar and we'll see them all over the place ace for cheap as hell in a little while.

    @PJ_Soul the deluxe is on 180 gram and pressed at Pallas.  It also has 14 special art prints or something with it ( not a big + for me) but in my research I've found that Like Clockwork's deluxe edition had to most people better sound than the standard version.   The difference in price actually won't be that much, many are guessing $5-$10 when all is said and done, so you probably chose wisely in getting the deluxe although your price does seem pretty high compared to links and discussions I've read.

    vinylcollective and vinylmeplease forums both have lots of chatter about this FYI.
    Thanks man! I don't really want to find out if I over spent, lol. Though I don't think it was that much if at all just because of the conversion rate, and international shipping is always a ton of the cost. What will be nice is that by the time i actuallky get it, I will jave.forgetten the sensation of spending $64 on one record. That lets me pretend it was just free thing that came in the mail. :lol:
    Totally agree- preorders ease the pain for me
    too!
    I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay. We're all just visitors.
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 972
    How big are these venues they are playing?  Fox Theatre is just over 5000 seats.  
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,661
    FrankY59 said:
    How big are these venues they are playing?  Fox Theatre is just over 5000 seats.  
    Stage AE in Pittsburgh is 5500. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,517
    edited June 17
    I love that they are playing the little State theater here in Portland in between 2 arenas.  Tickets will be tough to get.  Fired up for October!
    1,680 person capacity...... wow. 

    I'm trying to talk my buddy into it. 

    EDIT: presale selection has been changed. I'm going for Portland, he's going for Boston. This lineup is too good to pass up on when it will be so easy for us to make both shows happen. 

    Good luck on Tuesday everybody. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on

  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,043
    PJ_Soul said:
    There's tons of links floating around for the deluxe version for fairly cheap- I just found it less than $40 shipped.  FYI up until a few days ago you could still get the Like Clockwork deluxe edition for $16, so this will most lkely be very similar and we'll see them all over the place ace for cheap as hell in a little while.

    @PJ_Soul the deluxe is on 180 gram and pressed at Pallas.  It also has 14 special art prints or something with it ( not a big + for me) but in my research I've found that Like Clockwork's deluxe edition had to most people better sound than the standard version.   The difference in price actually won't be that much, many are guessing $5-$10 when all is said and done, so you probably chose wisely in getting the deluxe although your price does seem pretty high compared to links and discussions I've read.

    vinylcollective and vinylmeplease forums both have lots of chatter about this FYI.
    Thanks man! I don't really want to find out if I over spent, lol. Though I don't think it was that much if at all just because of the conversion rate, and international shipping is always a ton of the cost. What will be nice is that by the time i actuallky get it, I will jave.forgetten the sensation of spending $64 on one record. That lets me pretend it was just free thing that came in the mail. :lol:
    I hear you, before I bought it I thought, "am I really about to spend $65usd on a record?"  Yup.  Click
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, ILPosts: 2,490
    I'm going to try and get tickets for either the Saint Paul or Milwaukee shows.  Most likely Milwaukee show
    2000 - Chicago
    2003 - Champaign
    2006 - Chicago 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago 1 & 2
    2010 - Saint Louis
    2011 - East Troy 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, Missoula
    2013 - Chicago (Wrigley Field), Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - Saint Louis, Tulsa, Moline (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, Milwaukee (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville (Vs, SC), Columbia, Boston (Fenway Park 1), Chicago (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

    2012 - Temple of the Dog (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo (Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show))
    2016 - Temple of the Dog (San Francisco, both shows)

    RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 972
    Not sure if their is more then one type of artwork but I'm seeing on soundstagedirect a cover with the devil character sticking up wo fingers versus just the middle finger.  

    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/queens-of-the-stone-age.shtml?cyEmail=fjyono@gmail.com&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age+-+Villains&utm_content=Upcoming+Vinyl+(Prince,Eagles,Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age,Kendrick+Lamar,ELP,Brian+Eno+%26+More!!)&utm_campaign=June+17+Pre-Order

  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 1,830
    FrankY59 said:
    How big are these venues they are playing?  Fox Theatre is just over 5000 seats.  
    Eagles Ballrooom in Milwaukee is 3000.
    Alpine Valley 6/26&27/98 10/8/00 6/21/03
    Summerfest 7/8/95 6/29&30/06
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Chicago 5/16&17/06
    Missoula 6/20/98 8/29/05
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 9,583
    Express LIVE holds 5200 for outdoor shows...
    2200 for indoor shows.
    QOTSA is an outdoor show!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Brooklyn
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 1,830
    October at Red Rocks-could be either 30 degrees and a foot of snow or 75 degrees and sunny!
    Alpine Valley 6/26&27/98 10/8/00 6/21/03
    Summerfest 7/8/95 6/29&30/06
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Chicago 5/16&17/06
    Missoula 6/20/98 8/29/05
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
  • FrankY59 said:
    Not sure if their is more then one type of artwork but I'm seeing on soundstagedirect a cover with the devil character sticking up wo fingers versus just the middle finger.  

    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/queens-of-the-stone-age.shtml?cyEmail=fjyono@gmail.com&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age+-+Villains&utm_content=Upcoming+Vinyl+(Prince,Eagles,Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age,Kendrick+Lamar,ELP,Brian+Eno+%26+More!!)&utm_campaign=June+17+Pre-Order

    Yeah there's three I think.  Regular, indie, and deluxe.  I can't remember which is which but there's descriptions out there
    I had a false belief I thought I came here to stay. We're all just visitors.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 9,120
    I'm thinking about checking out QOTSA in Europe.  Nick Cave is touring Europe then too and missed him on the US tour.  I hope a few other artists on my list announce some Euro fall shows.
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,285
    FrankY59 said:
    How big are these venues they are playing?  Fox Theatre is just over 5000 seats.  
    Ventura Theater is 1200.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,517
    FrankY59 said:
    How big are these venues they are playing?  Fox Theatre is just over 5000 seats.  
    Agganis arena in Boston is 7,200 for concerts. 

    The State Theater in Portland is 1,680. They're all over the map w/ these venues. 

  • mfc2006mfc2006 PDX--->KCPosts: 29,467
    FrankY59 said:
    Not sure if their is more then one type of artwork but I'm seeing on soundstagedirect a cover with the devil character sticking up wo fingers versus just the middle finger.  

    http://www.soundstagedirect.com/queens-of-the-stone-age.shtml?cyEmail=fjyono@gmail.com&utm_source=bronto&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age+-+Villains&utm_content=Upcoming+Vinyl+(Prince,Eagles,Queens+Of+The+Stone+Age,Kendrick+Lamar,ELP,Brian+Eno+%26+More!!)&utm_campaign=June+17+Pre-Order

    Yeah there's three I think.  Regular, indie, and deluxe.  I can't remember which is which but there's descriptions out there
    That's the Indie version.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 999
    Can't figure out if I should pull the trigger on the delux vinyl or not. The only real attraction is the Pallas pressing vs IRP for the other copies. I don't know what price can be put on superior sound lol but $50ish for an album is pricey.

    Also kinda bummed that tix are $50 + the $15 in fees. Should be a good show tho
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD)
  • DukeSpiritDukeSpirit Posts: 156
    Anyone receive their code for the presale Hey?
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,285
    Anyone receive their code for the presale Hey?
    According to the pre-sale entry page, they'll be sent out tomorrow morning.
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PAPosts: 1,661
    Their Twitter machine said emails will be sent out tonight with pre sale codes. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013 •
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,517
    RS151862 said:
    Their Twitter machine said emails will be sent out tonight with pre sale codes. 

    Yes it did, and for that reason I went back to the presale page, and that page now says the codes will be sent out tomorrow AM in advance of the sale. Nothing left to do but wait at this point.

  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 972
    Got my presage code via text message...10.5 hours to go...
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden StatePosts: 2,285
    edited June 20
    Anybody buying on Ticketmaster tomorrow interested in saving some money? Recently got two $100 Ticketmaster gift cards and was prepared to burn them up on QOTSA, but the shows I'm interested in are Ticketfly/AXS. Would be willing to sell them for $85 each. Would probably need to text pictures and then scratch off the covering of the PIN code on the card. If anybody's interested, please let me know. Thanks!

    Taken care of. Thanks pjpitt89!
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,517
    So this doesn't inspire much confidence in today's presale........

    https://twitter.com/qotsa/status/877080897274630149

  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 999
    kasedoug said:
    Anybody buying on Ticketmaster tomorrow interested in saving some money? Recently got two $100 Ticketmaster gift cards and was prepared to burn them up on QOTSA, but the shows I'm interested in are Ticketfly/AXS. Would be willing to sell them for $85 each. Would probably need to text pictures and then scratch off the covering of the PIN code on the card. If anybody's interested, please let me know. Thanks!
    I'd be interested. Can't PM from my phone right now for some reason but send me one if you want. Trying for these QOTSA in a few hrs
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD)
  • jerseyjammer1jerseyjammer1 Posts: 202
    edited June 20
    For those of you who bought an album and  is buying from a ticketfly venue:
    i received the text presale ticketfly link but also received an email password for Ticketmaster.  I'm assuming I should just use the text link? 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,517

    For those of you who bought an album and  is buying from a ticketfly venue:
    i received the text presale ticketfly link but also received an email password for Ticketmaster.  I'm assuming I should just use the text link? 
    IDK, this is confusing AF.

Sign In or Register to comment.