Queens of the Stone Age

1252627282931»

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 2,822
    I still haven’t quite processed Saturday night’s performance yet; it was other worldly. This band has crept into my top five of all time, they really are something else. 

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 14,476
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    I have no idea why anybody goes to the shows and supports this d-bag 
    Most of the artists I love have had negative incidents/headlines reported about them.  Look at EV's reputation in the 90's.  I don't think it makes them bad people.  Hell, I still pay to see Noel & Liam Gallagher.  Trent Reznor, Josh, Maynard, Thom Yorke, every one of them has a reputation.  The reason why certain bands are great live is because they are really on the edge when they are on stage (EV in 93/94).

Unfortunately, when they start cutting/canceling shows, I think they've gotten too far away from fans and need to get off the road for a bit.  It's a day at the office for them, it's a countdown event for us.
    EV kicked a woman in the face??? On purpose? 

Not sure why people make excuses for this loser
    He drunkenly kicked the camera.  It was a stupid mistake that 99% of the population doesn't make, but barely newsworthy and I'm sure the lady is just fine.   If that is the worst thing he does then good for him.
    Again, not sure why people make excuses for this loser.  

I've been pretty drunk before,  never kicked a woman in the face. You?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 41,037
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    Most of the artists I love have had negative incidents/headlines reported about them.  Look at EV's reputation in the 90's.  I don't think it makes them bad people.  Hell, I still pay to see Noel & Liam Gallagher.  Trent Reznor, Josh, Maynard, Thom Yorke, every one of them has a reputation.  The reason why certain bands are great live is because they are really on the edge when they are on stage (EV in 93/94).

Unfortunately, when they start cutting/canceling shows, I think they've gotten too far away from fans and need to get off the road for a bit.  It's a day at the office for them, it's a countdown event for us.

He drunkenly kicked the camera.  It was a stupid mistake that 99% of the population doesn't make, but barely newsworthy and I'm sure the lady is just fine.   If that is the worst thing he does then good for him.

Forgiving someone for bad behavior isn't making excuses.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 10,287
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

No I have not.    It just doesn't make my list of things that would make me write someone off.  If he did it several times than yes, or if I think he intentionally tried to hurt someone (which I don't), then it would be a different story.  He kicked a camera and didn't think through that it would hit someone's face.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon WinnipegPosts: 14,537
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

No I have not.    It just doesn't make my list of things that would make me write someone off.  If he did it several times than yes, or if I think he intentionally tried to hurt someone (which I don't), then it would be a different story.  He kicked a camera and didn't think through that it would hit someone's face.
    I agree with this. 
    Ditto.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • AggAgg Philadelphia, PAPosts: 452
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Well put, I agree 100%. 
    2013: Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2014: Cincinnati
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: Rock N Roll Hall of Fame Induction
    2018: Krakow, Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Boston 1, Boston 2
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, ILPosts: 4,302
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:

Exactly. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,022
    I got into QOTSA after ...Like Clockwork, so I only know Josh from the recent.  What was he like in the beginning of Queens and how has he evolved as a person the first decade of the century?  
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNSPosts: 7,091
    edited May 30
    FrankY59 said:
    I got into QOTSA after ...Like Clockwork, so I only know Josh from the recent.  What was he like in the beginning of Queens and how has he evolved as a person the first decade of the century?  

I saw them open for the Pumpkins in 1999. He was extremely high on something. He barely said anything except something like "Don't steal your parents money to buy drugs". He also clapped after every song in this weird way that made him seem spastic. He was totally different back then onstage at least. That was when Nick was in the band and I think they were constantly fucked up on drugs. I saw them in the summer of 2000 and it was the same deal. Probably wasn't until Nick was kicked out that he changed his stage demeanor. This is just speculation of course.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446
    1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN
    2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN
    2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA
    2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Ved- Atlanta, GA x 2
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Ved- Chicago, IL
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- Ed Ved- Louisville, KY

lolobugg said:
    FrankY59 said:

I saw them open for the Pumpkins in 1999. He was extremely high on something. He barely said anything except something like "Don't steal your parents money to buy drugs". He also clapped after every song in this weird way that made him seem spastic. He was totally different back then onstage at least. That was when Nick was in the band and I think they were constantly fucked up on drugs. I saw them in the summer of 2000 and it was the same deal. Probably wasn't until Nick was kicked out that he changed his stage demeanor. This is just speculation of course.
    He's also just a lot older now, obviously. That changes us all.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 28,535
    this is pretty cool one of their earliest headlining shows in philly in 2000

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

that was when they were at their best. I saw them 3 times before this show ^

I do like the TLA. great venue.

1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY
    2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA: Raleigh, NC: Columbia, SC: Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PAPosts: 28,535
    lolobugg said:

Wow!  where at?  they didn't really play around philly before that.  Although i did see them at ozzfest a few months beforehand.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    edited July 12
    lolobugg said:

Wow!  where at?  they didn't really play around philly before that.  Although i did see them at ozzfest a few months beforehand.

I saw them open for the Pumpkins in 1999.

They also played a one off headline show in Tallahassee on an off day from OzzFest. think it was like the 2nd show of that tour. Saw them twice at the Cotton Club in ATL in 2000. once between the 1st and 2nd album and then probably on the same tour as the video you posted.  I was one of the hipsters that was disappointed in Songs for the Deaf.

I love their first 2 albums so much more than anything they have done since Nick got the boot.

PS: my friend still has the setlist from that Tallahassee July 2000 show. they opened with Millionaire and it wasn't even released yet. they were so great back in the day.

Post edited by lolobugg on

1995- New Orleans, LA
    1996- Charleston, SC
    2006- Cincinnati, OH
    2008- Columbia, SC
    2010- Bristow, VA
    2012- Atlanta, GA
    2013- Charlotte, NC
    2014- Cincinnati, OH
    2015- New York, NY

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom'sPosts: 7,164
    I saw them in 2011 for their first album re-release at the Vogue in Indpls...about a 1500 capacity venue.  Great show
    Former BernieBro, turned Hillary rotten Clinton #1 Fanboy

1998: Noblesville
    2003: Noblesville
    2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville
    2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago
    2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1