Queens of the Stone Age

Comments

• CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    I got one from Matador today.  I can PM itto you.  Not sure if it's cool to just post to the board or not??
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited October 2017
    CJ260717 said:
    I got one from Matador today.  I can PM itto you.  Not sure if it's cool to just post to the board or not??
    Thanks! 10C members are so helpful. :) Someone else already PM'd me their Matador code, so no worries - if someone else is asking send it to them (no, I wouldn't post it on the board if I were you). I ordered from Matador UK instead of US, and the UK folks suck in comparison. No perks from them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mckaymckay Posts: 156
    Anyone know if they sell merch earlier in the day?  Headed to the show in Portland, ME this weekend...and would like to not have to carry the poster around the whole show.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mckay said:
    Anyone know if they sell merch earlier in the day?  Headed to the show in Portland, ME this weekend...and would like to not have to carry the poster around the whole show.

Merch was only available inside the venue here in Columbus...
    and we had torrential rain (show was held in an outdoor venue) all night.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    This may be a long shot, but if anyone going to any upcoming QOTSA shows could help me out with 2 shirts I can paypal the funds...although I need to verify that the shirt is even being sold still (not sure if these dates are still considered the same leg), it was a black shirt with a skull on the front and the tour dates on the back. I was at the Pittsburgh show and sadly the shirt shrunk after one wash, I'm super bummed

If you can help, please PM me. Thanks.
    it was at the Indy show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,946
    CJ260717 said:
    It's probably not a good idea to post presale codes to the board, because the board is searchable on google :)
    I figured so but wanted to make sure. I've hit some random forums for codes before thru google.  Seemed like cheating.  And I did cheat. 
    CJ260717 said:
    I figured so but wanted to make sure. I've hit some random forums for codes before thru google.  Seemed like cheating.  And I did cheat. 
    I can't say I haven't done that.  It's how I know forums are searchable on google :)
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
     :o:o  
  • TvanTvan Chicago Posts: 73
    Just saw them for the third time at Riot fest last month and have tickets for their show with Run the Jewels in Chicago for early December. 

Hoping the poster art is good, I've always seen them at festivals so it's cool to finally be going to a tour show.
    EAST TROY, WI 9/3/11
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/22/16
    CHICAGO, IL 8/18/18
    CHICAGO, IL 8/20/18
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    derbydave said:

LOVE the poster for the QOTSA show in Detroit tonight...
    Todd Slater is the artist!!
    QOTSA consistently have the best posters in the business IMO.
    Do they do posters for every show?   It'll be pretty cool if they have a show specific one for the Victoria show.
    one of the Winnipeg shows I went to, the poster was a skeleton slitting the throat of a topless woman. breasts bare and all. pretty cool poster, but not a chance I'd hang it in my house. Maybe in a brothel, but that's about it. LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Got my Victoria tickets (thanks to the two board members who PM'd me the code :) ).    I also didn't realize they'd played here in 2008 (I was living in Alberta at the time).   I thought the only time they'd been here before was when they played the Icehouse.   Which I still kick myself for not going to.    It's pretty cool they make the effort to stop here from time to time.    It's also my first show seeing them headline.  Saw them open for NIN in '05 and Soundgarden in '11.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited October 2017
     Looks like I’m going to Vegas!
    I also need to thank a board member for the pre-sale code since queens never did send me one
    Got my GA tix for Vancouver!! Thanks to those who tipped me off on the presale code. I never did get that email from the band's mailing list, which I know I was on. But anyway, all's well that ends well. It was a bit of a harrowing ticket buying experience. I was signed into TM but not ticketleader, then I couldn't remember my ticketleader password and had to retrieve that, and then I discovered that the CC they had on file was expired and I had to change that, and then it wouldn't read the CV at first.... It took forever - I thought the tix were going to disappear, but they didn't. :plus_one:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited October 2017
    I also need to thank a board member for the pre-sale code since queens never did send me one
    Brutal. I wonder if they are aware people who are signed up didn't get them?
    That is awesome you're seeing them in Vegas. I would love to do that (but can't afford to).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    PJ_Soul said:
    they actually addressed it on their social media accounts. they said to check your junkmail folder. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

PJ_Soul said:
    Got my GA tix for Vancouver!! Thanks to those who tipped me off on the presale code. I never did get that email from the band's mailing list, which I know I was on. But anyway, all's well that ends well. It was a bit of a harrowing ticket buying experience. I was signed into TM but not ticketleader, then I couldn't remember my ticketleader password and had to retrieve that, and then I discovered that the CC they had on file was expired and I had to change that, and then it wouldn't read the CV at first.... It took forever - I thought the tix were going to disappear, but they didn't. :plus_one:
    Tickets are definitely easy to come by in Victoria.   We bought a pair, then a friend and his wife wanted to go to, so we bought a 2nd pair of GA tickets 5 or 10 minutes after they went on sale.

I know QoTSA is moderately popular but I thought it would be harder to get tickets.  Maybe it's because not many people know the code.
    PJ_Soul said:
    they actually addressed it on their social media accounts. they said to check your junkmail folder. 
    Lol. Yeah, that's what everyone says when their email list isn't sending properly. ;) Of course I'd already checked there.
    edited October 2017
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Tickets are definitely easy to come by in Victoria.   We bought a pair, then a friend and his wife wanted to go to, so we bought a 2nd pair of GA tickets 5 or 10 minutes after they went on sale.

I know QoTSA is moderately popular but I thought it would be harder to get tickets.  Maybe it's because not many people know the code.
    Looks like the entire floor is GA, so now that I think about it, it's not surprising that GA was easy to get. I bet it will remain easy for a while after the public sale. I would prefer a small pit personally.... Well actually, I considered primo seats so if I took a friend we could drink, but after all my purchasing complications, when I went for 2 of them the best ones were way at the other end of the arena. I could have got a really good single seat, but wanted 2 tix this time... Which I'm probably going to regret - I don't have any local friends who are really fun at concerts - they are all old before their time, lol. Maybe I'll just find a rocking stranger to take with me, haha.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    PJ_Soul said:
    I got Row 1 side stage. Very happy!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
    edited October 2017
    iammine16 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Awesome! I am jealous, lol. If I hadn't had all those issue with ticketleader I may well have been able to land a pair like that as well. I love the pit, but again, when I go with a friend things just aren't the same. They aren't even into it enough to have the will to get a good spot on the floor unless I insist. I need some more music obsessed friends. :lol:
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    PJ_Soul said:
    iammine16 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Awesome! I am jealous, lol. If I hadn't had all those issue with ticketleader I may well have been able to land a pair like that as well. I love the pit, but again, when I go with a friend things just aren't the same. They aren't even into it enough to have the will to get a good spot on the floor unless I insist. I need some more music obsessed friends. :lol:
    I asked my wife if she would like floor tickets, she said the only band she wants to be on the floor for is Pearl Jam...so that narrowed my choice down ;)
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,618
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Scored GA for Portland, OR. Looks like a small pit upfront. Woohoo!

Happy others were successful in scoring tickets. 

This is going to be awesome!
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888

Finally getting around to getting pictures downloaded from some recent shows. Saw them at Cal Jam and then a couple days later at Red Rocks. Both were great shows, but the experience at Red Rocks was absolutely incredible. Got out there early to explore the amphitheatre and park a bit and met some locals that were queuing. One of them was particularly kind to me and made sure my first Red Rocks experience would be absolutely unforgettable. Snagged us some front row spots. While that may not be optimal for taking it all in view wise with the setting, it was surreal to be up there. Had been on the rail and up close at a few of their club/theatre shows before, but this topped them all. The show was amazing. Loved the new material live as well as getting to see them play "I Appear Missing" again, which I only saw once out of 5 sets on the Like Clockwork tour. So glad that I made the trip. Bucket list trip for sure and can't wait to go back again to explore more. 

Picked up a GA for LA today and will likely look to add a show or two down the road (Likely Vegas since my cousin lives there and used to work at the Cosmo). Need to see them play "Fortress" since they scratched it at RR!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Scored a pair for Eugene today!
    #FHP
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,018
    Going Tuesday @ MSG

i haven't even listened to Villians yet.... I've had the vinyl from day one... just bought a house and all the work involved has kept me in the dark.

im hoping to Spin it tonight with some nice wine... hopefully watching the Yankees advance.

excited for Royal Blood as well!!

havent seen Queens since Barclays a few years ago
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    edited October 2017
    Columbus and Toronto posters available on their website if anyone is looking for.

So are Red Rocks and SLC event tees.
    Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    edited October 2017
    PJ_Soul said:
    That is awesome you're seeing them in Vegas. I would love to do that (but can't afford to).
     I don’t have much desire to go back to Vegas...not a gambler, and the decadence/opulence kinda creeps me out...and it’s expensive...but my gf has never been...flight/hotel packages are reasonable, and with vday, the Oilers/Knights game, and a small venue queens show all in succession it was too much to pass up.  Also just found out my mom/stepdad planned a trip there for the Oilers game...been talking about a vacation with my mom, so I’m killing a lot of birds here :smile:
    Post edited by Drowned Out on