Options

The NEW "I Fuckin' Feel Like Talkin About Trans" Thread

BlkFlg1BlkFlg1 Posts: 156
edited October 2006 in Other Music
The original thread is gone, so now it's back and here to stay. We TRANS Fan Club members need somewhere where we can share our thoughts about the greatest Neil Young album ever and for all Neil Young fans to express what TRANS has meant to them.

Plus, Fanch said I should start one.

TRANS ROCKS!

Rules for the TRANS thread:

1) TRANS must be typed in CAPITAL letters every time said album is referenced.

2) Criticism of TRANS is accepted if done politely. Please do not come into this thread to troll or to bash TRANS because you're annoyed by this thread or TRANS is not your favorite album.

3) Have fun!

4) The official tagline of this thread is "OH YEAH, IT'S TRANS, BITCH!!!" (must be capitalized) Imagine you're shouting it when you type it.

-or-

"OH YEAH, NEIL YOUNG SOUNDS LIKE ROBOT BUT LOOKS LIKE A CAVEMAN AND SINGS ABOUT INCAS, BITCH!!!" Same deal- like you're yelling in someones face about how much you love TRANS.

OH YEAH, ITS TRANS, BITCH!!! Neil Young goes industrial!!!!!! What more would you want, a theme of a robotic trans am, Neil Young's heavenly voice through a vocoder, Nils Lofgren rocking out, early 80s...I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!

I think his lyrics from "Like An Inca" pretty much say it all:

"Said the condor to the preying mantis/We're gonna lose this place/Just like we lost Atlantis."

For more info or to see the album cover, go here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_(album)

OH YEAH, IT'S TRANS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!
YIELD Fan Club Sergeant-At-Arms
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    lol I wish I could go home and listen to TRANS now but we only have it on vinyl and the reciever for our turntables broke. A new one is ordered but now I have to wait for the damn mail man
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    lol I wish I could go home and listen to TRANS now but we only have it on vinyl and the reciever for our turntables broke. A new one is ordered but now I have to wait for the damn mail man

You are good people!

TRANS is godlike. I had a spiritual experience listening to it after my dad threw it away after hearing it once and saying something to the effect of "What the f*ck was Neil Young thinking? This sounds like sh*t! Is that a robot?! God, is he a weird motherf*cker."

My dad has terrible taste.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    The original thread is gone, so now it's back and here to stay. We TRANS Fan Club members need somewhere where we can share our thoughts about the greatest Neil Young album ever and for all Neil Young fans to express what TRANS has meant to them.

Plus, Fanch said I should start one.

TRANS ROCKS!

Rules for the TRANS thread:

1) TRANS must be typed in CAPITAL letters every time said album is referenced.

2) Criticism of TRANS is accepted if done politely. Please do not come into this thread to troll or to bash TRANS because you're annoyed by this thread or TRANS is not your favorite album.

3) Have fun!

4) The official tagline of this thread is "OH YEAH, IT'S TRANS, BITCH" (must be capitalized) Imagine you're shouting it when you type it.

-or-

"OH YEAH, NEIL YOUNG SOUNDS LIKE ROBOT BUT LOOKS LIKE A CAVEMAN AND SINGS ABOUT INCAS, BITCH" Same deal- like you're yelling in someones face about how much you love TRANS.

OH YEAH, ITS TRANS, BITCH!!! Neil Young goes industrial!!!!!! What more would you want, a theme of a robotic trans am, Neil Young's heavenly voice through a vocoder, Nils Lofgren rocking out, early 80s...I MEAN COME ON!!!!!!

I think his lyrics from "Like An Inca" pretty much say it all:

"Said the condor to the preying mantis/We're gonna lose this place/Just like we lost Atlantis."

OH YEAH, IT'S TRANS BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

The YIELD legal team is going to have a field day with this. ;)
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options

Yes, but how do you feel about TRANS?
  • Options
    BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    I like to imagine Uncle Neil looking at a Commodore 64 and being like, "Holy Shit! These things are so f*cking scary that I have to make a terrible concept album about how they're going to take over the world!"

footnote 1 - I don't own Trans, I've only heard it like twice and I was really wasted both times so my impression of it might be kind of skewed. Isn't there a car on the cover or something?

footnote 2 - congratulations on fulfilling your lifelong dream of starting an "I F*cking Feel Like Talking about TRANS" thread.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain
  • Options

There's a YIELD legal team?!?! What are they doing in the TRANS thread?
    The reason the main stream is thought of as a stream is because it's so shallow. -George Carlin-
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    I like to imagine Uncle Neil looking at a Commodore 64 and being like, "Holy Shit! These things are so f*cking scary that I have to make a terrible concept album about how they're going to take over the world!"

footnote 1 - I don't own Trans, I've only heard it like twice and I was really wasted both times so my impression of it might be kind of skewed. Isn't there a car on the cover or something?

footnote 2 - congratulations on fulfilling your lifelong dream of starting an "I F*cking Feel Like Talking about TRANS" thread.

Damn straight! Or he saw this evil machinery and thought that he could some how use it for good, hence, TRANS. That or he really likes TRANSformers. :p
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:

Listening to TRANS wasted is a prerequisite, actually. To be perfectly honest, you need to be wasted to listen to it. And yes, there is a futuristic TRANS-Am on the cover, which only adds to the awesomeness of the album that is TRANS.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:
    Listening to TRANS wasted is a prerequisite, actually. To be perfectly honest, you need to be wasted to listen to it. And yes, there is a futuristic TRANS-Am on the cover, which only adds to the awesomeness of the album that is TRANS.

Hmmm... that might explain why I was so eager to hear it the 2nd time around. I was hanging out with the guy who had played it for me the first time and I insisted he had to play it for me again. I figured I must have halluicnated it the first time.
  • Options
    BlkFlg wrote:

Why isn't it a CAMARO?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    Don't forget about "Everybody's Rockin," the groundbreadking follow up to Trans.

It's a classic.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    So when was the first time you fell in love with Young's masterpiece, TRANS?
  • Options
    fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,736
    Why isn't it a CAMARO?

Praise be to the Lord, and all hail the Yamcumber.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    fanch75 wrote:
    Praise be to the Lord, and all hail the Yamcumber.
    there he is! :D
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    the album would have had to be called cams

trans is much better

it is a good album

it is quircky in a good way

get wasted
    listen
    laugh
    when its over its like hey it neil young
    nuff said
    i remeber when there was stuff on the radio from this album

I still dont know if id listen to this out of the house though
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Oh Yeah, Neil Young Sounds Like Robot But Looks Like A Caveman And Sings About Incas, Bitch!!!
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    man, Neil put out some spotty records in the 80's.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    TRANS rocks my world. Neil Young and robots combined. mmmmmm
  • Options
    bump for TRANS, bitch. give it up people!
  • Options
    StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    so do you guys actually like Neil's good records, too?

I'm really surprised at the praise for Trans. I'm a huge Neil fan and I just can't get into it.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Options
    Trans is obviously terrible. But it's Neil Young... so maybe it's actually a work of genius and our mere mortal brains are too inferior to appreciate it. This might be why mind-altering substances are required before we can even begin to approach it.

Whereas albums like On The Beach or Everybody Knows This is Nowhere... Neil reigned it in and held back just enough so that we could actually appreciate them.
  • Options
    grace6697grace6697 Posts: 1,191
    question:
    why isn't anything from TRANS on Young Neil's best of?

discuss.
    take your money and your drugs.
  • Options
    StoneG82 wrote:
    so do you guys actually like Neil's good records, too?

I'm really surprised at the praise for Trans. I'm a huge Neil fan and I just can't get into it.

i-ro-ny [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –noun, plural -nies.
    1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.
  • Options
    trans is an album to laugh at when your wasted at the end of the night

and then when you think of nelis face and the sound on the record and wake up and realize o well he did write southern men
    you just throw yourb hands up and say fuck it was funny as shit
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    BrainOfJD wrote:
    Trans is obviously terrible. But it's Neil Young... so maybe it's actually a work of genius and our mere mortal brains are too inferior to appreciate it. This might be why mind-altering substances are required before we can even begin to approach it.

Whereas albums like On The Beach or Everybody Knows This is Nowhere... Neil reigned it in and held back just enough so that we could actually appreciate them.

sigh. please capitalize TRANS. in this thread- good to see you over here bro. i am just glad you are participating, regardless if you are insulting the greatest album of all time. thank you.
  • Options
    grace6697 wrote:
    question:

discuss.

exactly, its totally fucked, if you ask me.
  • Options
    knowing the backstory of how it's about ben adds a lot to the experience.

Yeah, it's a strange thing.
    It was good to see Neil incorporating him into the Greendale tour.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    Yeah, it's a strange thing.
    It was good to see Neil incorporating him into the Greendale tour.

truly- it makes it really poignant and paradoxical, like what if technology is our savior as well as our demise? the fact that he used a vocoder to connect with his son is pretty cool. he's a great man.
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    grace6697 wrote:
    question:

discuss.

Same reason nothing from Mirrorball, Ragged Glory, ZUMA(!) is on the Greatest Hits album. Didn't chart high enough. Great albums all (inlcuding TRANS). Then again, I love Re*Act*Or too, so maybe I'm in the minority.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    today i hate pearl jam. i still love TRANS.

sigh.