The White Stripes perform on The Daily Show Tonight

DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
edited December 2005 in Other Music
First time they have ever had a music guest on the Daily Show. Not sure if it is gonna be a regular thing, but sure it cool. How aweosme would Pearl Jam be on the Daily Show, then interiview the band afterward.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    was that tonight tonight? (dec 1st) or tomorrow night tonight (dec 2nd)

according to the time i have for my timezone you posted this at or around 12:18am my time

hope i didnt miss it
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    Anyone out there with some feedback on this? Did it happen is it happening tonight?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • EvilMerlinEvilMerlin Posts: 1,865
    It's recorded on my DVR from last night. I haven't watched it yet though, but in the info box it does say, "White Stripes perform first music act in Daily Show history." I'll get to it later on when I get home.
  • it was great...they played two songs. Stewart asked them about the pot in the baltic countries...hilarious.

Set:
    The Denial Twist
    My Doorbell

everyone should catch the reruns today.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Aww I'm so bummed I missed this! Sounds awesome! Thanks for the recap don't_go_on_me. I don't have cable so the viewing didn't really work out :/ ... but I'm hopeful video will pop up soon. :D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It'll be re-run at 8pm today (Eastern time).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    Aww I'm so bummed I missed this! Sounds awesome! Thanks for the recap don't_go_on_me. I don't have cable so the viewing didn't really work out :/ ... but I'm hopeful video will pop up soon. :D
    The torrent of the entire episode is out there. Search, download, enjoy :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Uh oh, bit torrent is a BIT confusing to this person over here! :eek: hahaha. Thanks for the heads up though bud. I'll definitely give it a shot. ;):D

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••