Options

Concert Setlist Annomalies

Comments

• Options
    Spot In The SkySpot In The Sky Posts: 1,175
    28 shows- no Sometimes, God's Dice, Oceans, Education, Undone. Ive gotten all of VS and Pearl Jam (2008) (straight through too, at that italian show).
    Thats about it though. Not including the songs they dont ever play.
    "The world is dangerous, feel safe here tonight..." EV 9/17/06

38+6 shows at the age of 27 and counting...but still no Undone

My podcast: Hotel Manager Talk- Dedicated to Hotel Employees, tell your friends. http://www.HotelManagerTalk.com
  • Options
    Is there anyone who's been to more than 1 show who hasn't seen Alive or Evenflow? I like reading about the people who've seen many shows, but haven't seen songs like Release yet. I finally crossed that off my list with MSG II this year.

As for me, I've only been to 8 shows since 1998 and I've seen a lot of the rarities, including Breathe 2X. The ones I'm surprised I haven't seen yet are Jeremy and Immortality. And, I really need to see Long Road before I die!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    I'll play along:

In the eight shows I've been to, counting 2 Ed solo shows:

I've seen all of Ten except Black and Oceans

I've seen all of Vs. except WMA (but I did get it as a Daughter tag)

I've seen all of Vitalogy except Nothingman and Satan's Bed

I've seen all of No Code except Smile, Off he Goes, and Mankind. (Got I'm Open and Around the Bend at Ed solo)

I've seen all of Yield except Faithfull, No Way, Wishlist, Pilate, Low Light, and All Those Yesterdays

I've seen all of Binaural except Evacuation, NAIS, Thin Air, Rival, Sleight of Hand, and Soon Forget (Got Parting Ways at Ed solo)

I've seen all of Riot Act except Can't Keep, Cropduster, Ghost, Get Right, Help, Help, and All or None.

I've seen all of Avocado.

This was fun to do and surprising that I hadn't seen some songs, especially NAIS which I could have sworn I saw but I must be thinking of a boot I have listened to a lot.

Biggest songs I'm missing: Black, Off He Goes, Oceans, NAIS, Nothingman, Low Light
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    antholini wrote:
    42 shows, and only heard smile once
    wow i've only been to 11 and seen it 3 times.
  • Options
    DiRtYyELLoWoCeAnDiRtYyELLoWoCeAn Medford, Ma Posts: 1,605
    9/28/94
    Pre Set I'm A Patriot
    Release, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Save You, Do The Evolution, Dissident, American In Me, Insignificance, Untitled, MFC, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Down, Jeremy
    Encore 1 acoustic Low Light, Masters Of War, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Last Kiss, Crazy Mary
    Encore 2 Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Bleed For Me, Blood
    Encore 3 Alive

9/29/04
    Go, Animal, Do The Evolution, Save You, American In Me, Immortality, Wishlist, Grievance, Alone, Present Tense, Corduroy, I Believe In Miracles, Once
    Encore 1 acoustic Lukin, Off He Goes, Man Of The Hour, Parting Ways, Black
    Encore 2 The Seeker, Daughter/(War), Glorified G, Lion's Share, The New World
    Encore 3 I've Got a Feeling, Rockin' In The Free World

9/15/05
    Pre Set: Don't Be Shy
    Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Save You, Animal, I Believe In Miracles, Light Years, Grievance, Sad, Given To Fly, Love Boat Captain, Better Man/(I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend), Even Flow, In My Tree, Do The Evolution, Lukin, Porch
    Encore 1 Trouble, Man Of The Hour, Last Kiss, Harvest Moon, Crazy Mary, Alive
    Encore 2 Whipping, Down, Blood, Black, Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

5/13/06
    Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Life Wasted, Marker In The Sand, Hail Hail, Animal, Dissident, Unemployable, Corduroy, Better Man, Why Go, Garden, I Got Id, Even Flow, Inside Job, Black, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 1 I'm Open, Sleight Of Hand, Comatose, Do The Evolution
    Encore 2 Go, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

5/24/06
    Release, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Animal, Red Mosquito, Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Unemployable, Even Flow, Sad, Wishlist, Gone, Green Disease, Down, Jeremy, Life Wasted, Why Go
    Encore 1 Forever Young, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, Inside Job, Alive
    Encore 2 Spin The Black Circle, Do The Evolution, Whipping, Rats, Comatose, Rockin' In The Free World

5/25/06
    Pre Set: Porch
    Severed Hand, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Dissident, Even Flow, Marker In The Sand, Low Light, Insignificance, Army Reserve, Garden, I Got Id, State Of Love And Trust, Comatose, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 1 Wasted Reprise, Man Of The Hour, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Parachutes, Black, Alive
    Encore 2 Why Go, Life Wasted, Smile, Indifference, Leash, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

7/6/06
    Pre Set: MoTH
    Inside Job, Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, Grievance, Given To Fly, Marker In The Sand, Faithfull, Even Flow, Gone, Daughter, Green Disease, Rats, Garden, Parachutes, State Of Love And Trust, Life Wasted, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Little Sister, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Better Man, Black, Alive
    Encore 2 Go, Comatose, Fortunate Son, Porch

8/5/07
    Why Go, Corduroy, Save You, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Severed Hand, Education, Even Flow, Given To Fly, World Wide Suicide, Lukin, Not For You, Daughter/Another Brick In The Wall, State Of Love And Trust, Wasted Reprise, Alive
    Encore 1 Better Man/Save it for Later, Crazy Mary, Life Wasted, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 No More, Rockin' In The Free World

6/19/08
    Hard To Imagine, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Do The Evolution, All Night, In Hiding, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Gone, Who You Are, Unemployable, Even Flow, Light Years, Grievance, Given To Fly, U, Rats, Why Go
    Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, Better Man(Save it for Later), State Of Love And Trust, Black, Leash
    Encore 2 No More, Crazy Mary, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter

6/25/08
    Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, All Night, Cropduster, Garden, Marker In The Sand, I'm Open, Wishlist, State Of Love And Trust, Even Flow, Who You Are, Rats, Given To Fly, Do The Evolution, Go
    Encore 1 Inside Job, W.M.A., Lukin, I Believe In Miracles, Better Man(Save it for Later), Rearviewmirror
    Encore 2 No More, Last Kiss, Why Go, Black Diamond, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

6/27/08
    Can't Keep, Breakerfall, Last Exit, Gods' Dice, All Night, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Sad, Brain Of J., Big Wave, In Hiding, Not For You(Modern Girl), Daughter(Another Brick In The Wall), Why Go, Jeremy, Gone, Immortality, Porch
    Encore 1 Garden, Better Man, Even Flow, Comatose, Leash, Blood(Atomic Dog)
    Encore 2 Smile, Do The Evolution, Alive, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter(Little Wing)

6/28/08
    Pre-Opener Throw Your Arms Around Me
    Set 1 Hard To Imagine, Why Go, Hail Hail, Comatose, Low Light, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Corduroy, Faithfull, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Down, I'm Open, I Got Id, Even Flow, Do The Evolution, Once, Rearviewmirror
    Encore 1 Love Reign O'er Me, Come Back, Insignificance, Black, Better Man(Save it for Later)
    Encore 2 No More, State Of Love And Trust, Alive

6/30/08
    Wash, Last Exit, Save You, Severed Hand, Animal, MFC, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, 1/2 Full, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Education, Satan's Bed, Whipping, Glorified G, Do The Evolution
    Encore 1 Bee Girl, Who You Are, Better Man(Save it for Later), Garden, Why Go
    Encore 2 No More, Once, Footsteps, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World

=)
    BOS 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    MTL 9/15/05
    HRTFD 5/13/06
    BOS 5/24/06, 5/25/06
    VEGAS 7/6/06
    CHI 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19/08
    NYC 6/25/08
    HRTFD 6/27/08
    MANSFLD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    E.V. BOS 8/1/08
    CHI 8/23/09, 8/24/09
    PHILLY 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    BOS 5/17/10
    CHI 7/19/13
    WOOSTA 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HRTFD 10/25/13
    BOS 8/5/16, 8/7/16
    BOS 9/2/18, 9/4/18

• Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    The first PJ song I ever heard in person was Oceans ... Kinda neat. Statistically speaking, it should probably have been Release (which I did get the next night).
  • Options
    gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've seen 4 shows since 2005 and have yet to catch a Yellow Ledbetter. :(

Though I have seen:
    4 different openers - Betterman, Last Exit, Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Hard to Imagine

Some pretty rare songs - Untitled/MFC, 1/2 Full, Immortality, In My Tree, In Hiding, Smile, Light Years, Sleight of Hand, Glorified G, debut of All Night, Down, first full WMA in 13 years, Release not as an opener, and All Along the Watchtower.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    Just realized how lucky I am that I've seen Black in 11/17 shows i've been to
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    My "rarities":

Red Mosquito (in my hometown of Calgary!), Sleight of Hand, Wash, Don't Gimme No Lip, In My Tree, Glorified G, Satan's Bed ...
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Ive been to 8 shows starting in 2000

Most notable songs i havent seen live: PORCH (!?), SMILE (always played at the show i end up not going to)

Rare songs ive seen live:Rats, Garden, Tremor Christ, Satans Bed, Low Lightx2, All those Yesterdays, I'm Open, Who You Are, Arc, Sleight of Hand, Footstepsx3, Driftin, Downx3, U, Wash, Hard to Imagine, Bee Girl, Leathermanx2, Education

Opener ive seen the most:Release 3 Times

Ive also seen both Singles Soundtrack Songs and both Merkinball Songs, along with the Mamasan Trilogy. I must say ive been lucky so far.
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    pj0705 wrote:
    Ive been to 8 shows starting in 2000

Most notable songs i havent seen live: PORCH (!?), SMILE (always played at the show i end up not going to)

Rare songs ive seen live:Rats, Garden, Tremor Christ, Satans Bed, Low Lightx2, All those Yesterdays, I'm Open, Who You Are, Arc, Sleight of Hand, Footstepsx3, Driftin, Downx3, U, Wash, Hard to Imagine, Bee Girl, Leathermanx2, Education

Opener ive seen the most:Release 3 Times

Ive also seen both Singles Soundtrack Songs and both Merkinball Songs, along with the Mamasan Trilogy. I must say ive been lucky so far.

What about the ode to Peter North's pole?
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Dogman3Dogman3 Posts: 330
    15 shows, no Oceans. Starting to get nervous...

1 show.

1 Oceans. :)
  • Options
    pj0705pj0705 Posts: 189
    Danimal wrote:
    What about the ode to Peter North's pole?

haha dude I missed you the other night, did you get busted by the fuzz in the parking lot?
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    ejny wrote:
    Is there anyone who's been to more than 1 show who hasn't seen Alive or Evenflow? I like reading about the people who've seen many shows, but haven't seen songs like Release yet. I finally crossed that off my list with MSG II this year.

As for me, I've only been to 8 shows since 1998 and I've seen a lot of the rarities, including Breathe 2X. The ones I'm surprised I haven't seen yet are Jeremy and Immortality. And, I really need to see Long Road before I die!

I have been to 10 shows and have "only" seen Alive 7 times and Even Flow and Elderly Woman 8 times. But I am counting the Santa Barbara show, which was weird, and the Northwest School Benefit in my 10 shows. So I am not sure that counts.

I just spent several hours creating my own set list stat tracker spreadsheet. I was suprised to see that I have only seen Yellow Ledbetter 4 times in my 10 shows. Could have sworn it was more. Also, only one Release for me. I have seen Comatose 6 times, including the first time they played it at the benefit show.2 Crown of Thorns. 2 Downs. 3 of my 4 Not For Yous have come with a Modern Girl tag.

I could go on. Anyway, that was fun.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    NYCPJNYCPJ nyc Posts: 761
    I thought id update for the Beacon.
    Ive seen four shows -
    ive never seen Jeremy, but ive seen Rats and Hard to Imagine twice, plus a number of rarities: undone, low light, Im open, Dont gimme no lip, sleight of hand, masters of war, harvest moon.
    6/3/06 (East Rutherford 2)
    6/24/08 (MSG1)
    6/25/08 (MSG2)
    7/1/08 (Beacon Theater -NYC)
    10/30/09 (Philly3)
    5/18/10 (Newark, NJ)
    5/20/10 (MSG1)
    5/21/10 (MSG2)
    10/18/13 (Brooklyn 1)
    10/19/13 (Brooklyn 2)
    5/1/16 (MSG 1)
    5/2/16 (MSG 2)
    3/30/20 (MSG)
  • Options
    CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Iv'e been to 17 show's (12 since 95')...and haven't seen black since 1995 (san jose state).

Cool thread! I love some of these factoid's!
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Options
    AnthonyD1987AnthonyD1987 Boston, MA Posts: 347
    6 Shows:

1 Jeremy
    1 Porch
    1 Daughter
    2 I'm Open (Out of 7 times played)
    2 Rats (Out of 37 times played)
    2 Hard to Imagine (Out of 31 times played)
    2 Low Light (Out of 23 times played)
    4 different closers in 6 shows (RITFW, Alive, Indifference, YL)
    492xxx

2006: Boston 1 and 2
    2008: MSG 1 and 2, Mansfield 1 and 2
    2010: Boston
    2012: Made in America Philly
  • Options
    Ando wrote:
    out of 14 shows ive seen Sad 6 times and never got I Got ID or Footsteps! Its a curse!

I've seen them 13 times. I've never seen Sad, but I have had Footsteps twice in an 8 week span and I've heard I Got Id at least 3 times (they seem to always play it in Pittsburgh)

Others for me--

I've heard all of Binaural live

I've heard Eddie sing 3 different Rolling Stones songs, in one way or another (Wild Horses w/ Mick---Pittsburgh 2005, Waiting on a Friend---Pittsburgh 2006, and his drunken attempt at Start Me Up---Columbus 2003).

13 shows, I've heard no song more than 11 times.

No Way---Pittsburgh 1998

13 shows---6 pre-sets
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    7 shows:

3-Last Exit
    2-I Am A Patriot
    2-Rival
    2-Footsteps
    2-Garden

No Long Road
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    ToneTone Posts: 1,206
    merlin401 wrote:
    At my 8th PJ concert at Mansfield II last night, and it was the THIRD time I've heard WASH open up.

Wow, in 11 shows I've seen I DREAM of seeing WASH open... it's my favourite PJ song and I've never heard it live.
    merlin401 wrote:
    * In just 8 shows I've gotten: Dirty Frank, Education, Crown of Thorns, Dont Gimme No Lip, Bee Girl, Its OK tag (twice), Hunger Strike and plenty of other rarities. But I've never heard Release and have heard only FIVE TOTAL songs off of No Code (one of which is just Lukin).

Wow again, never seen Dirty Frank, Crown of Thorns, Hunger Strike OR the "It's Ok" tag (again, I hope everytime that I hear Daughter that this'll be the tag). I have seen Education, Don't Gimme Me Lip & Bee Girl. You also got FOOTSTEPS at Mansfield2, again I've never seen it live.

I have seen them open with RELEASE 3 times, so RELEASE is to me as WASH is to you (I do love RELEASE, but I love WASH more). I'm in no way complaining, maybe they have a tendency of opening with specific songs in certain regions... 2 out of 3 shows in Toronto they opened with Release and they opened with Release at MSG2.

I've seen them close with Rockin' In The Free World followed by Yellow Ledbetter 3 times or just Yellow Ledbetter 6 times in total, but never seen Baba O'Reilly, which, again, I dream of seeing live.

I've seen Sad once, I Got ID 6 times, numerous Neil Young covers (Rockin', Fuckin' Up, Harvest Moon, Needle & The Damage Done).

I was very excited to hear RATS and LEASH at MSG, first time I'd heard them live since 1995 and only the 2nd time I'd seen them live.

Also seen: Tremor Christ, Hard To Imagine, Jeremy (6 times), Black (5), Immortality (1), Nothingman (1) and Tremor Christ (1), Inside Job (2), Unemployable (2), Man of the Hour (1), Satan's Bed (2 or 3), The Kids Are Alright (1), Throw Your Arms Around Me (3), Who You Are (2).

I've seen Corduroy and Even Flow at all 11 shows (I'm fairly certain, although there are no setlists up for 2 of the shows I saw in '95, but I remember hearing at least Even Flow at those and I think Corduroy too).
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night and the superstars sucked into the supermassive.
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    All I know is that Mansfield I this year ended my streak of seeing the band play at least one tune that I've never seen live before. That was show 26. I can't think of another band that I actually like that could take me on that kind of run.
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    This thread is great because it points out to people that their experiences are unique from others. Basically, anyone who has seen them more than once can say that they saw something unusual.

They opened my first two shows with Long Road, and I remember thinking that might be the way they always open shows. Ever since, I have seen it only once, after an encore break in San Diego. Love that one as an opener.

And Release is the one for me I am always hoping for. Only seen that one once.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    This thread is great because it points out to people that their experiences are unique from others. Basically, anyone who has seen them more than once can say that they saw something unusual.

They opened my first two shows with Long Road, and I remember thinking that might be the way they always open shows. Ever since, I have seen it only once, after an encore break in San Diego. Love that one as an opener.

And Release is the one for me I am always hoping for. Only seen that one once.

Completely true. You've been to a few more shows than I have and I've seen Release 3 times and you only once. Yet, you've seen Long Road 3 times and I have a big goose egg for that one.

If you don't go to 3 or 4 shows in a row, you're bound to miss something. Take Hard to Imagine. I love that song. Went to Hartford and Mansfield II, they played it at Mansfield I. I did get Wash at Mansfield II so I'm not really complaining.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    fall by the waysidefall by the wayside Jericho, VT Posts: 753
    - I've seen 14 shows.

- I've gotten 12 different openers. The only songs I've seen open more than once are Release and Wash.

- I've heard every song off of both Ten and Riot Act live.

- I've seen Yellow Ledbetter close the show only 5 of 14 times.

- I've never heard Indifference, Nothingman, WMA (0-3 this tour), or Sometimes (and yet I've heard Arc, Bee Girl, Oceans, I'm Open, Pilate, Help Help, Don't Gimme No Lip, Alone, I've Got A Feeling, Dead Man, The Seeker, People Have The Power, Harvest Moon, Driven To Tears, and other covers and rarities)

- I heard Tremor Christ, Spin The Black Circle, and Breath at my first show nearly 10 years ago and haven't heard them since. (finally got Footsteps for the 1st time at Mansfield 2 this year!)

- at only one show I've attended (9/29/04 Boston, MA) has the band NOT
    played Even Flow.

- I've been fortunate enough to witness the live debuts of both I'm Open and Don't Gimme No Lip.

- I've seen Lukin performed only one time, and it was acoustic :)

- Ed has done a solo pre-set at exactly 50% of the shows I've attended.

- 2/14 times I've seen PJ they've played only one encore.

-10/14 times they've done two encores.

- 2/14 times they've played three encores
    9/13/98, 10/4/00, 4/29/03, 6/29/03, 7/2/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/27/08, 6/28/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 10/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/25/13, 10/27/13, 9/26/15, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/13/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/26/21, 9/1/22, 9/2/22, 9/14/22, 9/18/23, 9/19/23
  • Options
    GONEGONEGONEGONE Posts: 20
    20 shows....No oceans :(...But I just got my Smile, Big Wave, and Fuckin up in hartford!!
    Ed Montreal 1!
    Ed NY 2!
    Hartford 08!!
    MSG 2 08!!
    MSG 1 08!!
    Lollapalooza 07!!!!!!!!
    E. Rutherford 06
    E. Rutherford 06
    Camden 2 06
    Hartford 06
    Albany 06
    Philly 05
    Montreal 05
    Boston 04
    Holmdel 03
    Mansfield 3 03
    MSG 1 03
    Albany 03
    Philly 03
    Jones Beach 2 00
    Hartford 98
    Hartford 96
  • Options
    evenflow524evenflow524 Posts: 128
    I've been to 3 shows so far
    Release (My favorite song, opened the first time I saw them, amazing)
    Throw Your Arms Around Me
    Jeremy
    Wash
    Hard To Imagine
    Bee Girl
    Forever Young (Only time played)
    Masters Of War
    Footsteps
    And I still have yet to hear Yellow Ledbetter! You're killing me Mike!
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I've seen this song at every show it has ever been played at.

So You Want to Be a Rock and Roll Star

Total Times Played: 4

Played At

* 1995-11-06 San Diego Sports Arena
    * 2003-10-28 Santa Barbara County Bowl
    * 2005-01-17 The Wiltern (EV Solo) with Tenacious D, Beck, Josh Homme, and Dave Grohl
    * 2006-07-02 Pepsi Center
    * 2006-07-03 Pepsi Center

Openers:
    Release X3
    Sometimes
    I Believe in Miracles
    WWS X2
    Long Road
    Interstellar Overdrive
    Oceans X2
    Elderly Woman
    Masters of War
    Hard to Imagine
    Inside Job

Closers:
    Indifference X3
    Yellow Ledbetter X5
    So You Want to be a Rock and Roll Star X3
    Porch
    RITFW
    Crazy Mary
    Throw Your Hatred Down
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    I had the entire Avocado setlist, as the record. Full crazy!

but never heard Release (one of my favs ever)

Strangeness about openers song:

- 4 times Long Road
    - 3 times Go
    - Why Go
    - Porch
    - Rearviewmirror
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    I'm not sure off hand how many times I've heard each song, but I've seen some real setlist anomalies live. I've heard RITFW early in a set (Camden 2003) and Release late in a set (Bonnaroo).

I've seen a surprising number of songs the first time they were played live:

No Way - Pittsburgh (Burgettstown) 1998
    I Got You - (First time played in North America) Pittsburgh (Burgettstown) 2000
    U - St Louis (Maryland Heights) 2000
    Driftin' - Mountain View (Bridge School) 2001
    Gimme Some Truth - Mountain View (Bridge School) 2001
    Last Soldier - Mountain View (Bridge School) 2001
    I Am Mine - Mountain View (Bridge School) 2001
    Low Light - Mountain View (Bridge School) 2001
    Bleed For Me - Boston 2004
    Lion's Share - Boston 2004
    All Along the Watchtower - Toledo 2004
    Cortez the Killer - Toledo 2004
    Harvest Moon - Toledo 2004
    Kick Out the Jams - Grand Rapids 2004
    Millworker - Grand Rapids 2004
    Inside Job - Toronto 2006
    Wasted Reprise - Toronto 2006
    It Makes No Difference (Ed with MMJ) - Grand Rapids 2006
    All Night - Bonnaroo 2008

Another one lsited as a first play on pearljam.com, but I'm sure PJ played this with Neil on the Mirror Ball tour overseas:
    Throw Your Hatred Down (with Neil Young) - Mountain View (Bridge Scool) 2006
  • Options
    Completely true. You've been to a few more shows than I have and I've seen Release 3 times and you only once. Yet, you've seen Long Road 3 times and I have a big goose egg for that one.

If you don't go to 3 or 4 shows in a row, you're bound to miss something. Take Hard to Imagine. I love that song. Went to Hartford and Mansfield II, they played it at Mansfield I. I did get Wash at Mansfield II so I'm not really complaining.

Right, seeing a few shows in a row will get you those songs you haven't seen... usually. Also, I got a lot of rarities by going to the benefit shows.