Options

a GREAT band pic to accompany my all time best musical moment.

circles downcircles down Posts: 182
edited January 2008 in The Porch
I took this at the Gorge in 05. To close out the acoustic set, after the sun had gone down, the surprised us all with Hard to Imagine. They were all still sitting as the started, but as the groove unraveled, one by one, they stood up. This shot was taken at the precise moment when the song just hits and they are all locked in together feeling the rhythm and those backstage lights hit. I managed to take the photo without having to look through the camera, I just held it up and snapped, I didn't want to take away from watching the show by burying my face in the camera. For me this moment was the highlight of the show, of all of my PJ concerts, all of my concerts from any band, and all of my musical experiences ever. I plan to blow this up and hang it next to the show poster in my guitar room some day.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f268/jcrmcrigr/?action=view&current=gorge-acousticset20.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I agree it was probably the best PJ experience I have had; unfortunatley, your photo doesn't capture it. You cannot see the fading sunset in the back or the beauty of the stage. Great moment.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    NC_IrieNC_Irie Posts: 270
    hey man, nice shot!
    Empty pockets will allow a greater sense of wealth.
    Why contain yourself like any other book on the shelf?

Subtle voices in the wind hear the truth they're telling.
    A world begins where the road ends.
    Watch me leave it all behind.
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    That was the greatest show i have ever seen and that set was awesome
  • Options
    That was the greatest show i have ever seen and that set was awesome

Was this a pre-set they performed that is not available on the box set?

• Options
    NC_Irie wrote:
    Was this a pre-set they performed that is not available on the box set?
    It is in the Gorge boxset. 2005-09-01 has three discs, it's on the first one.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    It is in the Gorge boxset. 2005-09-01 has three discs, it's on the first one.

thats right. was thinking that was not an acoustic set, but I remember now. they open with I Believe in Miracles.