Options

Into the Wild Over Sold

1235»

Comments

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    i am starting to get annoyed. I ordered Monday, got thru, got the 2 confirmation emails and that is it. Charge still pending on my card, when I track the order on the auralexploits and it says not sent. But it seems that everyone else is finding out one way or another. i just need to know.
    do we really need a daily update on your order situation??????

hehehehehehehehe...............

couldnt resist.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,217
    do we really need a daily update on your order situation??????

hehehehehehehehe...............

couldnt resist.....

I think I will start a new thread about it!

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    I think I will start a new thread about it!

i hope you get your vinyl my friend......

and it shows up in 7,000,456,321 itsy bitsy little fucking pieces.......

hehehehehehehehe................
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    i am starting to get annoyed. I ordered Monday, got thru, got the 2 confirmation emails and that is it. Charge still pending on my card, when I track the order on the auralexploits and it says not sent. But it seems that everyone else is finding out one way or another. i just need to know.

Mine says the same thing. I am getting stressed too. At least they haven't canceled it yet
  • Options
    ZAPPERZAPPER Posts: 246
    aural exploits has it back up again as "temporarily not available" ?!?!?!

Does this mean they plan to sell more?

And this whole thing about the record stores pulling them from shelves and selling for $150 sucks. I thought the whole point for them to sell them was for the fans??
    Previously known as Elzar
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    i hope you get your vinyl my friend......

and it shows up in 7,000,456,321 itsy bitsy little fucking pieces.......

hehehehehehehehe................

That's alot of pieces!
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    ZAPPER wrote:
    And this whole thing about the record stores pulling them from shelves and selling for $150 sucks. I thought the whole point for them to sell them was for the fans??
    That sucks what they are doing, but the point for the retailer is not to sell to the 'fans'. It is to sell to whoever wants their goods for whatever reason and to make a profit. Now.. if you own your own record shop and you see you can sell an item for 8 times more than the rrp and make a huge profit, well.. you are your own boss... gotta feed those kids.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,231
    What a frickin Joke. Aural Exploits are a bunch of bloody idiots. "Steve" is an A_ - - -- -. I email them politely stating that it has been 4 days, my funds have been on hold and I have had no information sent to me. So what does the idiot do? He voids my payment because apparently I can't wait for the process? This is the worst bloody business i have ever dealt with. How frickin long does it take? There were only 2000 copies total these idiots had what maybe 100? Can't figure out 25 orders a day? Can't answer a simple question without voiding my order? I'm pissed. Boycott Aural Exploits for any future purchases.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Horse2345 wrote:
    What a frickin Joke. Aural Exploits are a bunch of bloody idiots. "Steve" is an A_ - - -- -. I email them politely stating that it has been 4 days, my funds have been on hold and I have had no information sent to me. So what does the idiot do? He voids my payment because apparently I can't wait for the process? This is the worst bloody business i have ever dealt with. How frickin long does it take? There were only 2000 copies total these idiots had what maybe 100? Can't figure out 25 orders a day? Can't answer a simple question without voiding my order? I'm pissed. Boycott Aural Exploits for any future purchases.
    oh, he pulled that one on you too?

I emailed 2-3 days ago when I got the refund of 1 copy email (I had ordered 2 copies..when they said they were going to reduce orders, I emailed to explain my situation, that I had already promised my spare to someone that had missed out, wasn't trying to scalp, actually appreciated they went after scalpers. Was told they were not after the handful of 2-copies orders, I was ok. So told my friend it was ok, and told someone else in the same situation it was ok...meaning that nieither tried to order copies on Monday)
    once I queried the refund, they gave me a standard email that didn't consider the fact I already had talked to them BEFORE the oversold fiasco, so I replied about not being happy and having heard they'd messed up (I was polite, though I called them amateurs :p) next thing I know they say they're cancelling my whole order, fishing out my package from the day's shipment and refunding (I already had received the shipped email) :eek:

followed about 20 back and forth emails, where I tried to put my point (I wouldn't have had a problem if they told me before the second sale they would reduce to 1..but they only did it after they oversold Monday), only got a semblance of a proper explanation/excuse in 1, late one, of them. I really tried to be understanding with them, but eventually, I gave up arguing and told them to do whatever they wanted but I'd put the word out and eventually complain to authorities (about breaking a sale contract)

I've not received a refund yet..I suspect my order had already shipped or was too difficult to retrieve in time and so has shipped... I'm waiting until people around here start receiving it..if I don't, I'll complain to Paypal, my Credit Card company and any regulatory body I can find.

moral:
    guys, don't complain to them right now...they're trying to find ANY excuse to cancel orders so they can cover their incompetent asses.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    When I queried my 'pending' paypal payment, I got a very nice and polite e-mail saying they were checking every order to make sure it was only one per person and that was a bit of a slow process. I was asked to be a bit patient and my order was eventually shipped yesterday :o I guess I was lucky.
  • Options
    Well I just got my cancelled email from Auralexploits below. What a joke, I emailed them back to say that if they can't deal with the traffic on their website then they shouldn't be selling it. I woke up at 5am in Oz to buy just 1 copy. Others have bought them from 10C and multiple copies from AE before their limit to one each and for someone only wanting 1 copy to get this email really pisses me off.

Unfortunately, due to the extreme demand for this item and the limited availability no more copies are available.
    In the event of attempting to be as fair as possible to all the people that wished to purchase this item, we announced the date and time the remaining copies would become available. This inadverdently resulted in our website being overwhelmed with simultaneous attempts to purchase the remaining available copies, resulting in the item becoming oversubscribed. This was caused by the existing remaining inventory only being decremented when sales were completed, leaving people with the opportunity to still add the item to their basket and complete the checkout process when the item was actually sold out.

In order to be as fair as possible to everyone, all orders (including those placed prior to the 21st) were restricted to a limit of one copy per customer (including cancelling duplicate orders). Unfortunately there are now no remaining copies available and we are unable to fill your order.

Sincere apologies

Aural Exploits
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 221
    givn2fly26 wrote:
    Well I just got my cancelled email from Auralexploits below. What a joke, I emailed them back to say that if they can't deal with the traffic on their website then they shouldn't be selling it. I woke up at 5am in Oz to buy just 1 copy. Others have bought them from 10C and multiple copies from AE before their limit to one each and for someone only wanting 1 copy to get this email really pisses me off.

Unfortunately, due to the extreme demand for this item and the limited availability no more copies are available.
    In the event of attempting to be as fair as possible to all the people that wished to purchase this item, we announced the date and time the remaining copies would become available. This inadverdently resulted in our website being overwhelmed with simultaneous attempts to purchase the remaining available copies, resulting in the item becoming oversubscribed. This was caused by the existing remaining inventory only being decremented when sales were completed, leaving people with the opportunity to still add the item to their basket and complete the checkout process when the item was actually sold out.

In order to be as fair as possible to everyone, all orders (including those placed prior to the 21st) were restricted to a limit of one copy per customer (including cancelling duplicate orders). Unfortunately there are now no remaining copies available and we are unable to fill your order.

Sincere apologies

Aural Exploits

I got exactly the same email from AE !!!
  • Options
    got mine too.... canceled...

I presume I can't do anything now. ):

I really wanted it, read the book and can't wait for the movie.. I am really into this story and soundtrack..

life is bad sometimes !

Good luck everyone else !!

and I spit on the one who got 14 copies on ebay!! you stink !!
    (:
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    Anyone else still have status "not sent" and have not received the order cancellation e-mail from aural exploits?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Sorry to those that didnt get it from AE.

Mine came today. I will let you know if its all that it should be when I open it later.
  • Options
    wolfreddev wrote:
    Anyone else still have status "not sent" and have not received the order cancellation e-mail from aural exploits?

yes. i am in the same situation and debating emailing to find out what is going on. although hearing that someone got their order cancelled for doing that makes me a little weary. my guess is we are shit out of luck too. dunno.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    yes. i am in the same situation and debating emailing to find out what is going on. although hearing that someone got their order cancelled for doing that makes me a little weary. my guess is we are shit out of luck too. dunno.

yeah, that was my thinking too, there is some comfort in knowing i'm not the only one...suppose i'll keep hope for a few more days...
  • Options
    Here's my experience:

Order placed for 1 copy at 3:07 Monday afternoon

Confirmation email that order was accepted

No word through Friday afternoon

Credit Card shows charge pending, but not posted

Track order feature at Auralexploits.com says "not sent"

Friday afternoon I send the following email:

Hi guys,

I understand from a post on the Pearl Jam message board that these were oversold and you have a mess on your hands sorting out the timing of the orders for fullfillment. I see that my credit card is still showing the charge for my record as pending, but I haven't yet been notified if my order can be filled. If you get the chance, can you reply to this email and let me know one way or the other? Thanks for your kind consideration,

Saturday, my credit card has the charge removed

When I track order at AE, the order number now states "order cannot be tracked" or something like that

I never got any reply to my email.
  • Options
    Here's my experience:

Order placed for 1 copy at 3:07 Monday afternoon

Confirmation email that order was accepted

No word through Friday afternoon

Credit Card shows charge pending, but not posted

Track order feature at Auralexploits.com says "not sent"

Friday afternoon I send the following email:

Hi guys,

I understand from a post on the Pearl Jam message board that these were oversold and you have a mess on your hands sorting out the timing of the orders for fullfillment. I see that my credit card is still showing the charge for my record as pending, but I haven't yet been notified if my order can be filled. If you get the chance, can you reply to this email and let me know one way or the other? Thanks for your kind consideration,

Saturday, my credit card has the charge removed

When I track order at AE, the order number now states "order cannot be tracked" or something like that

I never got any reply to my email.

CRAZY UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

At 7:28 pm tonight, I got an email from Aural Exploits saying my vinyl has been shipped!!!!! Now when I "track order" on the website, it states the order has been shipped. In a final bit of weirdness, my credit card is NOT currrently showing that it has been re-charged! I HOPE this means it's really been shipped and they just haven't re-processed the charge yet. I'll let you guys know.
  • Options
    same here! got the dispatch notice tonight as well. guess it paid off to be patient and shut the fuck up haha. hope it gets here though. it has the correct zip code but the wrong state cause the drop down bar didnt work.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    got mine yesterday
    all goodies included

except the album cover was torn at the top.
    Vinyl is ok though and I couldnt wait to open it-sounds fantastic.
  • Options
    Received mine few days ago ~ album cover torn on top as well, but I love it!
  • Options
    Received mine few days ago ~ album cover torn on top as well, but I love it!

yeah I dont suppose they have any replacements
    and its too late anyway, I couldnt wait to play that sucker