Options

Into the Wild Over Sold

Comments

• Options
    two people have said it here. and i spoke directly to a guy at the store who told me it was oversold. i hope that it is not over sold and that there are no problems and everyone gets their copy. he basically said as long as there is a copy in inventory anyone can bring it up. so 100 people can potentially purchase the same item. as far as everyone who says they need to step up their business and change their system you should chill. this isnt best buy, this isnt circuit city, this isnt walmart. its an independent record distributor who is very unlikely to be used to such high demand and volume for such a limited product. its like asking for fast food at a five star restaraunt.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    cc10106 wrote:
    (waits for another comment by adhesive regarding how poorly aural exploits runs their business)

dude, unless they have real-time inventory cart system in place, then there's not a whole lot that can be done. if you don't get it, bummer that sux, but don't turn it into some personal vendetta.

exactly. it was basically out of their hands and into the hands of their system which they have probably used without a hitch before today.
    the ice on my teeth makes the crystal cold
  • Options
    adhesive3 wrote:
    If they try to cancel my order I will make it so Aural Exploits wishes they never sold "Into the Wild" in the first place (although they probably reached that point last Monday). They seem really unprepared to handle any major business.

It's unacceptable for them to cancel anyone's order from today. Can't fill an order? Well you shouldn't have advertised the sale and charged the card.

geez.....

i think you may be taking this all a little too serious......

hehehehe...............

its an album.....nothing more....nothing less.....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
  • Options
    cc10106cc10106 Posts: 385
    adhesive3 wrote:
    it's a simple business law that you don't get in over your head.

Why try to offer an extremely limited product by a very popular artist if your website and business isn't properly equipped to handle it?

you're right, that's a general rule of thumb. but these are PJ fans they're dealing with. perhaps the nuttiest nuts around, ya know? ha.

as for the question, i wonder about this myself. happens ALL THE TIME in the poster community. perhaps most artists/owners don't want to spend the $$$ required to make the slightest upgrade to their site? it does delay things as well i'm sure.

AE could have instead offered them at an undisclosed time. that way, whoever randomly checks back gets lucky. of course then folks would be pissed since they're 'entitled' to that info. damned either way. it's frustrating, i'll agree, and i've been there.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Fender_Man wrote:
    I ordered a copy from Aural Exploits within an hour of the sold out sign going up in the goods section. I paid through Paypal and my payment was immediately put on hold, it remained that way until yesterday (sunday 20th) when it finally went through. I'm taking this as a good sign, but we'll have to see?

The oversold business pertains only to today’s sale, it doesn’t apply to those people who bought 1 LP last Monday….
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    adhesive3 wrote:
    If AuralExploits is any kind of decent business they better be getting in contact with other stores and securing ways to guarantee these people get their copies--even if they have to take a loss on this sale.

That's bad business if they're advertising something (at a specific time no less) and then overselling it, charging everyone's credit cards, AND sending guaranteed confirmations.

They may be Sold Out and Oversold, but they can still get you copies.
    adhesive3 wrote:
    If they try to cancel my order I will make it so Aural Exploits wishes they never sold "Into the Wild" in the first place (although they probably reached that point last Monday). They seem really unprepared to handle any major business.

It's unacceptable for them to cancel anyone's order from today. Can't fill an order? Well you shouldn't have advertised the sale and charged the card.

Funniest stuff I've read in WEEKS. Please post here more often!! :D
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    damn :( hoping not too many of us are affected...

was such a nice option as i didn't want to be up at some ungodly hour for the 10c sale
    wah
  • Options
    I got mine exactly at 12pm but it took hell of a time because my CC didn'T work so I had the idea to use my girlfriend's paypal. Finaly, everything was done around 12:15..

Everything seems to be ok into the paypal box! So I hope i'll get it !
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,506
    adhesive3 wrote:
    Glad I can entertain, but its true. Any GOOD business in this situation would simply try to secure copies that are to be released on the 29th from other stores for the "oversold" customers that they CHARGED.

I've obviously become the "unhappy customer" here but for most things you can get your way as the customer. You just have to raise enough hell with them ;)

that's just it, it's not true lol,...good luck "raising hell" :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Not to rub it in, but I just got a confirmation of dispatch from them - I ordered last monday, just to reassure folks in the same boat.
  • Options
    I call "shenanigans".
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    phillyfanphillyfan Posts: 831
    Evensteven wrote:
    I call "shenanigans".
    im with you
    If you hate something dont you do it too
    world fucking champs!!!
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    damn :( hoping not too many of us are affected...

was such a nice option as i didn't want to be up at some ungodly hour for the 10c sale

we were 2 of the first people to buy, stell. we should be fine i hope. the americans were still asleep when we ordered. <shifty eyes>
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    ha shifty eyes!

hope you're right (hm)
    wah
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    adhesive3 wrote:
    Not to be a jerk, but they need to get in touch with other record stores or the distributor and fix this by securing enough copies to match what they just sold in 5 minutes.

It's 100% unacceptable to run a business like this, no matter how friendly or small the business is. Maybe its the businessman in me, but that's how I would fix it.
    My understanding is that they're the 'official' distributor for the label releasing the LP, so it's unlikely they'll be able to get more stock.

and for everyone that moans about the problem on TODAY's sale... they actually got out of their ways to cancel the scalpers sales of last week..

so think of it that way: even if you don't get one on today's sale, the people who did are most likely real fans rather than the flippers that 'bought' them last week.. and you wouldn't have had even the chance to try for 1 today if they hadn't cancelled those orders then re-sold them anyway..
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Pegasus wrote:
    My understanding is that they're the 'official' distributor for the label releasing the LP, so it's unlikely they'll be able to get more stock.

and for everyone that moans about the problem on TODAY's sale... they actually got out of their ways to cancel the scalpers sales of last week..

so think of it that way: even if you don't get one on today's sale, the people who did are most likely real fans rather than the flippers that 'bought' them last week.. and you wouldn't have had even the chance to try for 1 today if they hadn't cancelled those orders then re-sold them anyway..

Couldn't have said it any better than that!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    just received my despatch confirmation email from aural exploits aswell. so yeh, a good time to check your email if u ordered from them :)
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • Options
    vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Hmmmm...seems to me that a lot of major airlines "over sell" seats...and yet, they seem to remain in business...
    be philanthropic
  • Options
    Just got confirmation of despatch from Aural Exploits. A surprise, as they originaly said despatch would be on the 29th January.
  • Options
    oh and secondly please dont call and give them grief they sound like they are gonna have a hell of a day and were very kind to me on the phone.

respect for writing this :)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    mine is on its way :) got the despatch email

cannot wait for it to arrive :D

i l o v e it when i get good news like this in the morning email
    :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Fender_Man wrote:
    J A surprise, as they originaly said despatch would be on the 29th January.
    Not really as they said 'This item will ship to arrive around the release date of January 29th'
  • Options
    luvistower wrote:
    mine is on its way :) got the despatch email

cannot wait for it to arrive :D

i l o v e it when i get good news like this in the morning email
    :)

Hope the mailman doesn't take it. :p
  • Options
    yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I just received a shipping notice, so glad I was one of the first ones to order!
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    what time did you get your order confirmation? It took forever for my payment to go through. I didn't get mine until 8 minutes after.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,091
    I also got a shipping notice but I got mine on the first sale last week......

good luck you all
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    i got my shipping notice today. dont know if anyone mentioned that those have started. so i guess everyone should be getting some kinda word one way or the other soon.
  • Options
    skere26skere26 Posts: 304
    anyone get a shipping notice who ordered yesterday?