Options

any love for iron and wine???

keyser_sozekeyser_soze London, England Posts: 205
edited December 2005 in Other Music
everyone should check this guy out.

singer songwriter guy, writes the pretty songs and has a good beard.

naked as we came is good song to start with imo!

this guy seriously rules and is on sub pop so that's pretty nice too!!!

laters
www.facebook.com/PandoraApparel
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    mad love.

His newer EP's are kind of unimpressive though
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    There was a recent post on him that made me check out Trapeze Swinger on iTunes. Next day I went out and bought In the Reins (w/ Calexico), which hasn't left the rotation since. I'm planning on picking up Our Endless Numbered Days next. Hes got some great melodies and lyrics.

And one hell of a beard.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    GhostBoyGhostBoy Posts: 112
    Love, love, love Sam. Right now, I think he is tied with PJ for favorite musician. Check out The Creek Drank the Cradle before you buy Our Endless Number Days. It's lo-fi, but it's breathtaking.

Also, if you look hard enough, there is a lot of his unreleased stuff floating around the net. A lot of it is just as amazing as his official releases. I really can't even think of a song that he has written that I don't like.
    All Those Yesterdays: This Day In Pearl Jam History - Sharing show anniversaries, releases, appearances, and more.

• Options
    cant go wrong with a bit of sam beam!!!!! i think he may be the bastard son of billy gibbons!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......