Options

Tegan and Sara

2»

Comments

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    These two managed to be the most awkward act on stage that I have ever seen in my life, lol. They opened for the Killers, maybe in 2010 or something?? Anyway, they were dancing like total dorks with no energy and people sfart3d laughing awkwardly at them. Then they started babbling about So You Think You Can Dance or some shit, trying to be funny, and I never knew it was possible to hear crickets in an arena full of 15000 people, but Tegan & Sara totally proved it was possible. :lol: One of the worst openers I have ever seen. I mean I really hated them, lol. That caused me to never listen to them again, so I have no clue of they got better. Perhaps I should forgive their faux pas performance and give them another try. Perhaps they got better.

Never judge a book by its cover.

But in the case of Tegan and Sara... I just can't get past the name. What good can come from 'Tegan and Sara'? They'd have to rock my socks off for me to appreciate them... but they'd have to wedge a foot in my doorway before it closed on them for this to happen.

You haven't helped their cause here, PJSoul. Not... one... freaking... bit.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    These two managed to be the most awkward act on stage that I have ever seen in my life, lol. They opened for the Killers, maybe in 2010 or something?? Anyway, they were dancing like total dorks with no energy and people sfart3d laughing awkwardly at them. Then they started babbling about So You Think You Can Dance or some shit, trying to be funny, and I never knew it was possible to hear crickets in an arena full of 15000 people, but Tegan & Sara totally proved it was possible. :lol: One of the worst openers I have ever seen. I mean I really hated them, lol. That caused me to never listen to them again, so I have no clue of they got better. Perhaps I should forgive their faux pas performance and give them another try. Perhaps they got better.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,946
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:

Never judge a book by its cover.

But in the case of Tegan and Sara... I just can't get past the name. What good can come from 'Tegan and Sara'? They'd have to rock my socks off for me to appreciate them... but they'd have to wedge a foot in my doorway before it closed on them for this to happen.

You haven't helped their cause here, PJSoul. Not... one... freaking... bit.
    What good can come from a band that sounds like they're named after sperm?

Just shut your piehole and listen to "If it was you"  :)

Spotify:
    https://open.spotify.com/album/03KYia16AlAgoGNUneay0J

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEfniw3bK08

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Every band name is pretty stupid if you really think about it.  At least Tegan and Sara are their actual names.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Every band name is pretty stupid if you really think about it.  At least Tegan and Sara are their actual names.
    No kidding.   Pearl Jam is odd too.  Just turned out to be an awesome band name.  
  • Options
    People...

I was having a bit of fun. Band names don't deter me.

That being said... I haven't been drawn to Tegan and Sara. I know Neil Young has advocated for them. I know thye aren't garbage. I just haven't gone there for whatever reason.

I did click on the link Spiritual offered, but it was 40 minutes long (the whole album). Can someone post a 'hook' tune?
  • Options
    People...

That being said... I haven't been drawn to Tegan and Sara. I know Neil Young has advocated for them. I know thye aren't garbage. I just haven't gone there for whatever reason.

I did click on the link Spiritual offered, but it was 40 minutes long (the whole album). Can someone post a 'hook' tune?
    https://youtu.be/5HepnmfBkgI
  • Options
    People...

Walking with a ghost (Im not a fan of it But is there breakout hit I guess)
    livingroom
    So Jelous
    Nineteen
    Time running
    My Number
    You wouldnt like me

• Options
    I'll watch these when I get home.

Thanks, folks!

(I'll report afterwards)
  • Options
    Back In Your Head... not too shabby. Listenable. Not something I'd go to, but on a long road trip it would work for me.

Walking With A Ghost... same as above. Easy listening. A long mellow road trip, or chilling by water in the summer with beer around noon would be a good time for it.

Cheers.
  • Options
    Back In Your Head... not too shabby. Listenable. Not something I'd go to, but on a long road trip it would work for me.

Walking With A Ghost... same as above. Easy listening. A long mellow road trip, or chilling by water in the summer with beer around noon would be a good time for it.

Cheers.
    What about my list of songs ? :(
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Their newer stuff (Sainthood, Heartthrob, Love You to Death) is a bit more radio-friendly, mainstream pop whereas their older stuff  (Under Feet Like Ours, This Business of Art, If It Was You) is more indie rock/pop. Their middle albums (So Jealous,The Con) are kind of the transition points between the two.

I, too, fell in the category of not giving them a chance for a long time.  I got hooked on them during Sainthood, when I heard "Hell" on the radio and had no idea who it was.  At the core, it reminded me a little bit of like The Bangles or The Go-Gos, both of whom I enjoyed growing up in the 80s.  A friend of mine gifted me the album, which I ended up loving, and I then turned to their prior material.  Now they are one of my top 10 bands.
  • Options

Cheers.
    What about my list of songs ? :(

I listened to the first song from your list. Give me more time.
  • Options
    Their newer stuff (Sainthood, Heartthrob, Love You to Death) is a bit more radio-friendly, mainstream pop whereas their older stuff  (Under Feet Like Ours, This Business of Art, If It Was You) is more indie rock/pop. Their middle albums (So Jealous,The Con) are kind of the transition points between the two.

I, too, fell in the category of not giving them a chance for a long time.  I got hooked on them during Sainthood, when I heard "Hell" on the radio and had no idea who it was.  At the core, it reminded me a little bit of like The Bangles or The Go-Gos, both of whom I enjoyed growing up in the 80s.  A friend of mine gifted me the album, which I ended up loving, and I then turned to their prior material.  Now they are one of my top 10 bands.
    I have a hard time with Sainthood and some of The Con. Hearththrob - as a conscious choice to make something POP - was great. Love you to death felt a bit "been there done that" coming after Hearthrob, but still some great songs on it