Options

Dave Matthews Band

Comments

• Options
    disilluziondisilluzion Posts: 1,015
    My local store ordered the two Black Friday sets, but he did not receive them. If anyone can grab one of each, I can pick up whatever you'd like, assuming he ordered it, as I am usually first in line. Or if not, pay you back with a little extra for your troubles. Thanks! 
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    My local store ordered the two Black Friday sets, but he did not receive them. If anyone can grab one of each, I can pick up whatever you'd like, assuming he ordered it, as I am usually first in line. Or if not, pay you back with a little extra for your troubles. Thanks! 
    Yea, the RSD versions are regional. But the DMB shop will probably issue black vinyl versions later, like they have on all the other sets.
  • Options
    Ahh, didn't notice the RSD ones were white vinyl until I looked again just now. Thanks for the heads-up, you may have saved me some money. :)
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    So if it says "RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus", you think that's the same RSD first?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    So if it says "RSD Limited Run / Regional Focus", you think that's the same RSD first?
    For some they are. I would be surprised if DMB doesn’t issue a reg version of these later.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,600
    Looks like the coverart will be the same as the other DMBLive that were released with the studio album this year.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    Looks like the coverart will be the same as the other DMBLive that were released with the studio album this year.
    The brown paper bag stuff? Meh. It was okay but I like the live trax boxes myself. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    kramer73 said:
    The brown paper bag stuff? Meh. It was okay but I like the live trax boxes myself. 
    yes.  I wonder if they'll go back to pressing the live trax they've already done on cd.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,911
    Next LT would be the Fenway shows. That would be a massive set. Plus those shows suck.

I'd be fine if they jumped to the Hampton show on LT7.
  • Options
    Next LT would be the Fenway shows. That would be a massive set. Plus those shows suck.

They still owe us Before These Crowded Streets, Lillywhite (please, please) and Central Park.  Also, the Gorge release was before that, which was an excellent set.  I agree that Fenway wasn't good.  I'm not sure why, but it never captured me.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

They still owe us Before These Crowded Streets, Lillywhite (please, please) and Central Park.  Also, the Gorge release was before that, which was an excellent set.  I agree that Fenway wasn't good.  I'm not sure why, but it never captured me.  
    No shit.

Let's get going with BTCS. Further... how about Stand Up?

Come aannn.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm glad they are jumping around with the releases. I was getting a little bored with the LT releases. I love the $40 DMBlive releases.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    For some they are. I would be surprised if DMB doesn’t issue a reg version of these later.
    I just talked to my record store here in Richmond and they did not get the DMB releases, even though they put in for them.  I'm surprised considering we are 60 miles from C'ville.  Worse, he believes they are RSD only, not first.  He didn't know for sure but hasn't heard that they were "first".  
    I guess the good news is that I won't be getting up early on Friday.  There wasn't anything else I was targeting this year.  
  • Options
    Therese only 1000 copies of each on white. Its and RSD limited run, which tells me there will be an less limited run later. probably from DMBand.com. I wouldn't be surprised if they repress BTCS next year and do a bundle of these with that.

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Therese only 1000 copies of each on white. Its and RSD limited run, which tells me there will be an less limited run later. probably from DMBand.com. I wouldn't be surprised if they repress BTCS next year and do a bundle of these with that.

I'd rather show from the year BTCS was released as a bundle.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I agree. I'm just saying, thats a possibility. They may just release them on their own on too. Maybe even Cyber Monday.

• Options
    Yea, im not over paying for these DMBLive sets, cause they will prolly be released on black vinyl later. Also, I love the DMBLive vinyl packaging... reminds me of the 2000 PJ boots.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    The store I go won't be getting these . Apparently some distribution problem.  I've heard of other places with the same problem.

I'll just wait for them to go up on the dmb site.  Or just save some $$.
  • Options
    Yeah, I got shut out as well. Got all my other RSD:BF releases except these. 

Thats fine though. 
  • Options
    Yeah, I got shut out as well. Got all my other RSD:BF releases except these. 

Thats fine though. 
    I'm confused... today is Thursday.
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    A store I frequent takes wishlists and tries their best to fill them. You don't always get everything, even if they get it in stock, but they are willing to help out regulars with some items. But you have to pick it up on RSD/BF. You can't get it before or after.

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,143
    A store I frequent takes wishlists and tries their best to fill them. You don't always get everything, even if they get it in stock, but they are willing to help out regulars with some items. But you have to pick it up on RSD/BF. You can't get it before or after.

Wow that’s fucked up.  Good for you and those other regulars for sure but completely defeats the entire purpose of the day.  I’ve heard of stores getting the shaft on rsd because they got found out doing that sort of thing.

Anyway, im waiting for these 2 to show up later in the dmb store.  I def don’t need them to be white, they’ll match the other two sets which are great! Love the packaging not being anything special.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options

I know that's against the rules but I'm down with it. 
  • Options
    These will be available on the dmb site (probably just black).  You could always check with tour store, rumor is that one io them had issues and probably only half went out to stores.  Supposedly they will still be shipped to the stores.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,849
    PJ_Soul said:
    They actually mentioned the original incident as we passed under the infamous bridge when I was on the architectural cruise this past summer 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    They mentioned it on the bus tour as well, saying they forgive him for this incident, but never for his music. Afterwards, he saw that I was wearing a DMB shirt and apologized for making fun of them. Though I think he just wanted a tip, lol. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,524
    They mentioned it on the bus tour as well, saying they forgive him for this incident, but never for his music. Afterwards, he saw that I was wearing a DMB shirt and apologized for making fun of them. Though I think he just wanted a tip, lol. 
    That's funny (for me, anyway. I hate DMB, lol). So did you tip him well?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    The Black Friday vinyl are up in the Warehouse.  It's presale for the next 24 hours.  List is only $34!!  I think on black Friday, for the white ones, they were like $90.  I passed on them but now I will get them for this price.  
  • Options
    pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,820
    What's the deal with their posters at shows. Easy to come by or not?
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022