I think it's going to be like when Sting left The Police.

harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
edited December 2005 in Other Music
the quote of the year courtesy of scott stapp

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    So, is he admitting that he has sold his soul for solo success like Sting did?
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    yeah that was kind of an arrogant statement....
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    That whole article was comical. He needs to take a step back and lay low for a while.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • tybird wrote:
    So, is he admitting that he has sold his soul for solo success like Sting did?

The fcker had no creative credibility in the first place so hes got nothing to sell!!
  • The fcker had no creative credibility in the first place so hes got nothing to sell!!

Considering that Alter Bridge sounds (sounded? Are they gone already?) like Creed with a new singer, I'll agree with that statement. I was trying to think of a band who retains the original band name but switches singers, meaning the singer is replaceable but my brain doesn't seem to want to work right now and all I can think of is AC/DC. Which is one band that, while the music stayed the same after the singer changed, Bon Scott brought something to the band, as Brian Johnson does now.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    hahaha...this guy has turned into a genius comedian! First "311, I am ready to fight", which I thought could never be topped, and now this...pure gold
  • What solo carrer is this????? Who bought Alter Bridge cd's?????

I feel sorry for this people, yeah he is soooooooo righteous and holy, is that why he sold his soul for money and fame!? WHAT A HERO!!!! woo hooooo, what dignity, what integrity!!!!!!
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    Scott Stapp is an annoying prick with a horrible voice and no talent.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    oh god...easily the best quote of the year

LMAO
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    ms11781 wrote:
    Considering that Alter Bridge sounds (sounded? Are they gone already?) like Creed with a new singer, I'll agree with that statement. I was trying to think of a band who retains the original band name but switches singers, meaning the singer is replaceable but my brain doesn't seem to want to work right now and all I can think of is AC/DC. Which is one band that, while the music stayed the same after the singer changed, Bon Scott brought something to the band, as Brian Johnson does now.

How bout Van Halen,I had the pleasure(if you can call it that)of seeing them with that douchbag from extreme and if Eddie and Alex wern't so amazing I would have left after about 3 songs.But I'll admit they wern't bad with Hagar(sp?).
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    The fcker had no creative credibility in the first place so hes got nothing to sell!!
    I said "soul." I gave out no credit in the creatative department. ;)
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • holy shit that made my day .... hehehe that guy is such a loser.
    * Molson Amphitheatre - June 28, 2003
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 19, 2005
    * Eddie Vedder- Massey Hall- Aug 12, 2008
    * Molson Amphitheatre - Aug 21, 2009
    * HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 11 2011
    * Air Canada Centre - Sept 12 2011

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    He needs to take a step back and lay low for a while.

PBM

He can lay low forever as far as i am concerned:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • yet another reason why this man is a moron....
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • funny, but after awhile an entitiy that commercial is so scripted in a public appearance, everything he says just sounds like reiterating a record company plan to attempt to make some sales, I doubt his real personality is showing, even in his incident with 311, publicity is publicity. He doenst have character, he has specs. Albeit funny ones.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    i dont like to take the piss out of him just cos he has no originality or purpose on this planet but he really is a prize tosser and i hope he looks back on this cringing into his leather pants
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"