Options

Chris Cornell Tour

Comments

• Options
    It's looking like a full-fledged tour.
    Toronto show added for April 14. I'm so there...
    http://www.hob.com/tickets/eventdetail.asp?eventid=44640

Ohh I saw this when this thread first went up and I FREAKED!

I am soooooooo there!
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    over_bends wrote:
    OK here's my dilemma. What are the chances a NY show is added? I really NEED to see this, but Sunday night, two hours away is a little tough when I got class the next morning. If there is no NY show, I'd try and get Philly, but is it worth the risk to hold out? I guess I can resell the Philly shows if a NY show is announced. Advice?

none. no chance. nobody ever plays new york.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509
    93x here in the Twin Cities announced earlier that Chris will be coming to First Avenue, they didn't give a date but said Chris will be on the radio sometime today to announce it.
  • Options
    stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    April 24 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    stpmattb wrote:
    April 24 - Baltimore, MD @ Rams Head Live

do you have a link? I'm updating the first post with all info
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    do you have a link? I'm updating the first post with all info

http://www.ramsheadlive.com/baltimorelive/
  • Options
    BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Anyone think he'll hit Europe? :(
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Binaural wrote:
    Anyone think he'll hit Europe? :(
    He definitely will!!!!!! After all, France is his home.. Can't wait for him to tour solo.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    oppie1 wrote:
    they go on sale friday at noon

Not Saturday?
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    justam wrote:
    Not Saturday?

nope friday
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    thanks for the info!!! thats too awesome
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time
  • Options
    NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Anybody get presale tickets for the Toronto show? I sure did--I've been waiting *years* to see CC solo, and now I'm seeing him in a frigging 1,100-capacity club. :D
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    NWOntario wrote:
    Anybody get presale tickets for the Toronto show? I sure did--I've been waiting *years* to see CC solo, and now I'm seeing him in a frigging 1,100-capacity club. :D

How did you get the pre-sale tickets? If there is a way to get some for Philly I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if these shows will be with his backing band, or will it be a sort of man-and-his-acoustic-guitar type of deal?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    How did you get the pre-sale tickets? If there is a way to get some for Philly I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Does anyone know if these shows will be with his backing band, or will it be a sort of man-and-his-acoustic-guitar type of deal?

House of Blues had a presale today for Toronto. There is no presale for Philly.

The shows will be him with a backing band, and im sure there will be some acoustic solo stuff too.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    stpmattb wrote:

well aren't you special..... :)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    You can but tix for the Minneapolis show NOW, use the password: DITTER

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/06003E69AB4E762A
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014

How do you guys know these things? :D

If any kind of pre-sale happens for Philly, you guys have to let me know!
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    How do you guys know these things? :D

If any kind of pre-sale happens for Philly, you guys have to let me know!

93x radio pre-sale http://www.93x.com

by the way, I caught part of CC's interview to announce this show on 93x radio today, he said it's going to be him with a full band, and he will be playing everything from his career, from early Soundgarden, TOTD, EM, Audioslave and his new songs.
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options

I had to eat dinner and you beat me to it!
  • Options
    i hope he'll come to europe this year!!!
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    holtzholtz Posts: 509

Thanks, I just got home and got two tickets!
  • Options
    OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Neruda25 wrote:
    Tape It Please!!!!

Just to let you all know, cameras are not permitted at Rams Head Live (not even disposable ones). I had mine confiscated by the dickheads working there. Just a heads-up.

Don't know about the other venues.
  • Options
    rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,956
    Ok...it's not really a Chris solo tour...it's going to be more of a "Best of" type of shows. I heard this on a radio interview and he's going to play solo stuff, Audioslave stuff, Soundgarden, TOTD, etc. Also expect his cover of Billie Jean (yeah that Billie Jean; it's pretty kick ass actually; if anyone wants a version of it I got it. PM me), maybe a Led Zep cover (Thank-you?) and some others too. Sure to be awesome in Baltimore. Anyone ever see the size of that venue? Really small. Great wings at the restaurant too ;).
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • Options
    Odin wrote:
    Just to let you all know, cameras are not permitted at Rams Head Live (not even disposable ones). I had mine confiscated by the dickheads working there. Just a heads-up.

Don't know about the other venues.

I've been to a few shows there and cameras were never a problem. Rams Head is a great place to see a show. I was hoping he'd be coming to the 930 Club again, but it doesn't look like he is.
  • Options
    Another Show Added:

April 11, 2007 - Cabaret Metro, Chicago (on sale 17 March)
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    where did you find that chicago date?

thanks for posting it!
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    Ok...it's not really a Chris solo tour...it's going to be more of a "Best of" type of shows. I heard this on a radio interview and he's going to play solo stuff, Audioslave stuff, Soundgarden, TOTD, etc. Also expect his cover of Billie Jean (yeah that Billie Jean; it's pretty kick ass actually; if anyone wants a version of it I got it. PM me), maybe a Led Zep cover (Thank-you?) and some others too. Sure to be awesome in Baltimore. Anyone ever see the size of that venue? Really small. Great wings at the restaurant too ;).

So its going to be more like his Unplugged show in Sweden? This completely turns a must-see show into a "if I miss this I might kill myself" show.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    over_bends wrote:
    So its going to be more like his Unplugged show in Sweden? This completely turns a must-see show into a "if I miss this I might kill myself" show.

Song wise, yeah it will be similar. Sweden he played by himself and acoustic, this time he has a full band backing him.
  • Options
    please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia, please come to australia.......

ive got my fingers crossed! i have to see chris cornell at some stage in my life! really hope its soon... :D
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."