Options

Warped tour was fun!

JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
edited August 2007 in Other Music
We went in Montreal today. (me and my daughter who is 13) I went to see Tiger Army and Flogging Molly, she wanted to see (and saw) Paramour, Cute is What We Aim For, Boys Like Girls, The Almost and Chiodos. Tiger Army and Flogging Molly were every bit as good as I expected. I also saw Bless the Fall because I was waiting for Tiger Army on the same stage later, and had fun watching a wall of death happen about 2 rows ahead of me. My daughter who had been on the rail in Lolla for Regina Spektor, (and has the confidence of the very young) decided that the rail for Chiodos probably wasn't the place for her - she said she lasted 5 minutes, and got out after the surge and getting kicked a couple times. I had told her I didn't think it was a good idea, but sometimes kids have to see for themselves. She did go back to the rail for a couple of the other less intense bands though.

If you don't know Tiger Army's music, you should check it out.
R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    how was killswitch engage? i wanted to see them, but didnt wanna sit thru the rest of the horrid bands
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    did you see Chiodos???
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    mr bunglemr bungle Posts: 1,285
    How was Bad Religion? Did people hang around to see tham?
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Chiodos I did see, because it was on the next stage over and they were alternating shows between the two (I was waiting for Tiger Army at the time) and they were good though I don't really know their music. Killswitch is not really my thing (not really into heavy screamo). Bad Religion I *wanted* to see, but it was going to be later in the evening and we had an almost 3 hour drive home with border crossing, so we left before that. But we'll definitely go again and hope to catch some other bands next time through.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    It seemed like the Unseen was the only band I wanted to see on this years line up, but I would've gone just to see them, however Flogging Molly didn't play down here, so glad you caught them... I've seen them maybe 5 or 6 times now. Great show.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    Warped Tour announced this would be the last cross country year for them.
    Ohh, this brought back some memories. I probably made 7 or 8 straight in the 2000's
    I heard somewhere if your kid gets a ticket you get in for free.  Thinking about doing this even
    though I barely know any of the bands these days.
    Any body have any good (or bad ) memories of the warped tour?
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.