Options

woohooo u2 baby!

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited December 2005 in Other Music
scored u2 tickets this morning, i would have been happy with GA but the person i'm going with REALLY wanted reserved seating. should be an awesome show. anyone else from australia attending any of the shows? :)

wooohoo! :D
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    yeah,hopefully my brother in law can get me a ticket when they go on sale in a couple of hours...... would be nice!
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    youre soooo lucky

enjoy
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    I Have Been On The Phone And The Internet The Whole Morning - Nearly 4 Hours! And I Still Don't Have Tickets. I Am Getting Really Really Really Annoyed.

Oh Well, I Suppose They'll Put On Another Show.....
    EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
    i HOPE you'll be a star,
    in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Tickets have been so hard to get for this tour. I was trying since March to see one show somewhere within a 400 mile radius. Even took time off work to be online and stuff. Finally got a ticket to Montreal last Saturday on the day of the show. You will enjoy the show - it was really good.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I managed to get 4 for the auckland show, it took me 2 hours on the phone to get through, the website that was selling the tickets was shit, it kept on crashing. heaps of my mates missed out on the st paddy concert, but lucky for them they have announce a second concert for auckland
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm gonna see U2 for the first time this Friday. I just got home from Dave Matthews and wow, just amazing. Looking to be a good week, concert wise!
  • Options
    U-RU-R Posts: 223
    tix sold out in no time, as you'd expect. i'm really hoping they announce a second melbourne show, and i wouldn't be at all suprised if they did, there's room for another one on their schedule and they know that a second show (or fifth for that matter) will sellm out for sure, i'd almost expect another gig to be anounced.
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • Options
    I am going tonight in Boston...got the tickets last winter...can;t believe it is here already!!

anyone else?
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    U-R wrote:
    tix sold out in no time, as you'd expect. i'm really hoping they announce a second melbourne show, and i wouldn't be at all suprised if they did, there's room for another one on their schedule and they know that a second show (or fifth for that matter) will sellm out for sure, i'd almost expect another gig to be anounced.

I would also except them to be doing more than one show in Melbourne, how many are they doing in Sydney?
    They announce a second auckland show as soon as the first show sold out, which took about 1 1/2 hours
    26/02/1998 Wellington, 09/09/2006 Marseille, 16/09/2006 Verona
    23/09/2006 Berlin, 30/09/2006 Athens, 18/07/2007 London
    02/07/2009 Honolulu (EV Solo), 22/11/2009, Sydney, 29/11/2009 Christchurch
  • Options
    DO U2 TICKETS SELL THAT FAST?

i mean, i was thinking of giving it a loooong thougt before buying them...
    Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

My story - I took time OFF WORK, paid a sub to teach for me, went to my HUSBAND'S office so I could have access to his T1 line the day tickets went onsale, pre-registered on Ticketmaster, opened the window, continually clicked on buy tickets, and within a second of the onsale time, it came up 'no tickets available'. This was back in March and I was trying for tickets to the Madison Square garden show in October. If you want to get a ticket the normal way, like online, or through the phone, you might as well give up a leg and your firstborn. Its practically impossible.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    I am going tonight in Boston...got the tickets last winter...can;t believe it is here already!!

anyone else?
    Went both last night and Sunday, last night was great (how can you go wrong with Elvis and Santa circling the ellipse ramp), but Sunday was nothing short of phenomenal.
    Saw 6 of the 7 Boston shows, they were in fine form this tour, everyone down under and in SA is in for a long overdue, well desrved treat. Enjoy.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225

Blink.
    Thats it.
    He who hesitates is lost.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    Poncier wrote:
    Blink.
    Thats it.
    He who hesitates is lost.

I guess in the bigger cities the tix go faster, b/c I got a GA ticket for the show in St. Louis a week from tomorrow. Back in March, I just went down to the record store (where they have a Ticketmaster outlet) and just bought one when they went on sale. Only about a dozen people showed up as well.

I'm stil stunned that their tix are going for 4X or more their face value. Back when they toured for ATYCLB, I think seats were still available for the St. Louis show.

Good luck to all you getting tix!
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin
  • Options
    i went to U2 in bosotn last night. really good show:)
  • Options
    JacobJacob Posts: 20
    When I was getting tickets for U2 in Toronto. Me and my bro figured out plan. He would be constantly looking for tickets on the net as soon as they went on sale, and meanwhile I'd be dialing and redialing to try and get through on the phone.

Ten minutes later, I managed to snag two tickets to the forth show. I'd say a minute later everything was gone.

It was weird how there were only two shows planned in Toronto, but within ten minutes time, two more shows were added and completely sold out.

My 1st and for sure will be my favorite concert ever. Pearl Jam the following Monday ties of course.
    things were different then
    all is different now
    I tried to explain
    somehow...