Options

to those that have attended u2 shows of late

A Surprise LeftA Surprise Left Posts: 743
edited December 2005 in Other Music
i really need some advice to those that have attended any of the shows from the vertigo tour, it would be much appreciated. i have reserve seating but the person i am going with is now wanting GA seating so they can get behind the catwalk or possibly into the ellipse. does anyone have any advice on whether seeking a trade to get into GA is a wise idea? should we stick with what we have or is GA a good way to go. she doesn't mind at all about lining up to get the best position (although i'm reluctant but i'll do it). is there anyone that has seen the show from both positions and can tell me the best route to take? thanks in advance.....:)
The wind is blowing cold
Have we lost our way tonight?
Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
Running further from what’s right
And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
Where did we go wrong?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    goto_lgoto_l Posts: 1,189
    Saw 8 shows in Oct, the show is much better in the seats than the floor. You lose a lot of the lighting from the floor & to get in the Elipse, is pure luck, a lottery system is used, if you get inside, the sound is off a bit as you get more stage volume & the vocals are drowned out a bit. I recommend any seat with a full view over anything.
    You men eat your dinner
    Eat your pork and beans
    I eat more chicken
    Than any man ever seen

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    Having seen 6 shows, my opinion is GA is the better option...if and only if you are willing to invest the time to get a good rail spot if you don't win the "Ellipse lottery".
    I've sat in some excellent reserved seats this tour and also excellent reserved seats in 2001, but on both tours, enjoyed the experience more from GA.
    Just my opinion.
    But there is a reason why the GA seats are the most difficult to obtain.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    thanks for the input everyone.....:)

okay so what is the best way to go about a trade if we decided to go that route?
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,221
    You could try the feedback forum at http://www.interference.com . There is a Vertigo tour section with pages titled "what do you have" and "what do you want" where people look to buy/sell/trade tix.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    i'd stick with your seats. sure it's cool to be randomly assigned to inside the ellipse so you can interact more with bono but you're going to lose half of what's great about the show and that's the stage, the lights and the fact that each member has their own camera so you can see what larry is doing, etc.
    'sometimes i have everything, yet i wish i felt something'