Devils And Dust
And his first two album

Any suggestions would be great. Right now i'm leaning towards nebraska
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    barcoachbarcoach Posts: 413
    I really think his 2nd. album, The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle is kind of a forgotten gem, so I'd strongly suggest that one.
    But then you're still missing The River which is a double with some strong songs on it.
    Maybe most fans would say either Darkness or Nebraska, but I'd really go with his 2nd. album, is just so funky and different to everything else in his discography... just NYC Serenade -one of his best songs ever in my opinion- is worth the price.
    Stone: Thanks for the pick and the night of complicity, you rock!
    -The crazy guy with the Ramones t-shirt.
    Mexico C. 12/10/05.

"There is a rose that I want to live for
    although, God knows, I may not have met her"
    -J. Strummer

"And you'll never know just how dark this screen could be"
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the replys. I should really ask (since I'm a huge folk music fan) is that is "Nebraska" just Bruce and his voice and his harmonica and his guitar and nothing else. Or are there any other instruments?

Thanks a lot
  • Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I love

Born in the USA
    Tunnel of Love
    Darkness on the Edge of Town
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot for the replys. I should really ask (since I'm a huge folk music fan) is that is "Nebraska" just Bruce and his voice and his harmonica and his guitar and nothing else. Or are there any other instruments?

Thanks a lot

well, there's some acoustic bass here and there, and like, some piano, Fender Rhodes piano (I think - it's been awhile) but Nebraska is my total favorite album of his.

Hands down.

The Best.

a pure distillation of art right there.
    Said we'd write a book someday
    About a boy who'd always strayed
    And a girl who took the fog away
    Man, if it could be that way
    Then I would come without delay
    With a smile on my face
    And I would not be lost for long
    And you could be my title song
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Nebraska

(ten)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    THE MOST UNDERATED ALBUM OF ALL TIME AND IMO SPRINGSTEEN'S BEST..........:

The Ghost of Tom Joad.
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    Without question, get "Darkness on the Edge of Town".
    You can thank me later.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Nebraska, no doubt
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    I'm came late to the Bruce party. I have had his greatest hits for ten years or so and got The Rising.

Sirius satelitte radio has a all Bruce station and it has been awesome over the past couple of months to be exposed to all of his music. Great catalog.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    I'm came late to the Bruce party. I have had his greatest hits for ten years or so and got The Rising.

Sirius satelitte radio has a all Bruce station and it has been awesome over the past couple of months to be exposed to all of his music. Great catalog.

I'm the same, only started getting into his music in the last year or so.

The Ghost of Tom Joad is amazing....get that next.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    coleencoleen Posts: 938
    barcoach wrote:
    I really think his 2nd. album, The Wild, The Innocent and the E Street Shuffle is kind of a forgotten gem, so I'd strongly suggest that one.
    But then you're still missing The River which is a double with some strong songs on it.

i totally agree that the wild, the innocent and the e street shuffle is an often forgotten treasure in his collection and that would be my strongest suggestion for your next purchase.

but the river and nebraska are often held as quintessential bruce albums. anyway you go, imho, you shouldn't be disappointed.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    If you like girls, cars and partying, plus some seriousness, The River is your album! (plus its a double) But Darkness on the Edge of Town and Tunnel of Love are must haves as well. Actually, if you like Bruce, you're going to have get them all eventually.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    I went with Nebraska due to my love of folk music. It's a great album. I'm really enjoying it. I think I'm gonna go for Darkness On The Edge Of Town next.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions