Phish ...

Comments

• BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    10/29/94 Runaway Jim. One of the best I've heard.

http://download.yousendit.com/93F218DB548C24DE
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/

Have a scroll down that list, for a lotta legal, streaming boots of Phish (shortened to "ph", in that alphabetical list).

Note: only between 9-5, Eastern time.
  • Milestone wrote:
    Phish '92-'98 was unbelievable. Everything before or after those dates is sub-par.

Generalizations like this are so rediculous, absolutely rediculous.

BTW Junta is my favorite "album".
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • moemoe6434 wrote:
    Generalizations like this are so rediculous, absolutely rediculous.

BTW Junta is my favorite "album".

no need for quotes, Junta is an actual album :) my favorite also!
    it's funny when things change so much, it's all state of mind...
  • whygowhygo Posts: 55
    Widespread Panic is a much better band than Phish....

There's not too many hippies seeing Phish.... mainly some college freaks who a re freakier than you....

Trey is good!
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    and singer too
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
  • deadnotedeadnote Posts: 1,678
    i just wonder why therye shows cost so much compared to what pj bootlegs sell for
    set your laughter free

dreamer in my dream

we got the guns

i love you,but im..............callin out.........callin out
    deadnote wrote:
    i just wonder why therye shows cost so much compared to what pj bootlegs sell for

The downloads don't. The in store ones just have better artwork, fancier packaging, etc. And a lot of the sets are 3 or even 4 discs.
    whygo wrote:
    Widespread Panic is a much better band than Phish....

There's not too many hippies seeing Phish.... mainly some college freaks who a re freakier than you....

Trey is good!

I feel dumber for having read this.
  • rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    BinFrog wrote:
    I feel dumber for having read this.

Me too.
    BinFrog wrote:
    And that's after just winter 2003. Try any tour from 91-95 (ok, maybe even fall 97) :)

I saw some great post hiatus show in 03/04, but I miss the frenetic old-style Phish of the early to mid 90's. To me that is the essence of Phish. A band firing on all cylinders, trying anything, tight as hell, and just living in the moment on a nightly basis.

Which were the best '04 shows?

And what did you think of Colorado '88? I dug it ... Trey's playing has changed a lot since then, though. I think I prefer his newer style (with Phish ... His solo stuff hasn't grabbed me) ... Mike and Fishman sound great on those old tapes, though.
    http://tela.sugarmegs.org/boxofrain/

Have a scroll down that list, for a lotta legal, streaming boots of Phish (shortened to "ph", in that alphabetical list).

Note: only between 9-5, Eastern time.

Thanks for the link, Finsbury.
  • I have to say that Trey Anastasio is a brilliant guitar player.

saw him on halloween in austin--
    love to watch that boy play him some gee-tar--

peace
    lz
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
    Which were the best '04 shows?

And what did you think of Colorado '88? I dug it ... Trey's playing has changed a lot since then, though. I think I prefer his newer style (with Phish ... His solo stuff hasn't grabbed me) ... Mike and Fishman sound great on those old tapes, though.

Colorado 88 has some great moments, but it's not something I would listen to a ton.

My favorite 04 show was probably either SPAC 1 (that Piper is absurdly good) or the 2nd Great Woods show.

Check out Worcester 03 if you haven't already.
    BinFrog wrote:
    Check out Worcester 03 if you haven't already.

That's the current show going on my Ipod ... My favorite Maze yet, and the four songs from the solo projects were kinda fun.
    That's the current show going on my Ipod ... My favorite Maze yet, and the four songs from the solo projects were kinda fun.

I rave about that Maze all the time.

Moma Dance from that show brings the funk too.
    BinFrog wrote:
    I

Moma Dance from that show brings the funk too.

As does Ghost ... Damn.
    As does Ghost ... Damn.

Yup.
  • i finally got my hands on a live recording of the band's halloween show from 1995 where they do quadrophenia

awesome stuff...i was expecting good+ but after listening i thought it was done excellent!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I think alot of people believe they are too cool to like Phish. These folks really missed out on an incredible band. While their lyrics anoy me at times, musically they are undeniable. Some of the best shows I have ever seen were Phish shows. Those boys can really play.

and it wasn't just the drugs
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • upina2001upina2001 Indiana Posts: 764
    I've seen Phish 10 times.
    I've seen PJ 10 times.
    Both are extremely enjoyable in their respective environments.
    cant say I have seen a bad show between the 2 of them.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• zevilonezevilone Posts: 339
    summer loomz!
    Worst tour ever. Waiting for fall dates.
    Meh, why not....here's some great stuff for everyone to download:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/unr69t
  • Back in Colorado, looking forward to the last summer shows. With no N.A. PJ shows, I'm glad I get to see a few Phish shows. Love the funk!
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Jeez I feel like I'm on tab25 reading some of these comments here..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Phish loves dicks

Wish I could make Mexico happen but my dad/grown up duties are keeping me from it. Magnaball was f'n awesome though
  • guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    edited September 2015
    Opening song, night 3, THE LANDLADY! 1st time in 21 years, 768 shows. Spelled THANK YOU with title of songs during ENCORE.

PHISH LOVES DICK'S...............(sporting goods stadium) .

Who wants to join me for next years Dick's run ( there better be more).
    Post edited by guacamolejoe on
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Now that's a encore
  • Really trying to make it a third year in a row down in Mexico, but the fact that you need 4 in 2 double beds to keep the cost down is stretching me thin I can barely get one person to go to MMJ the last few years which was a little cheaper. Not looking Bueno.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway