framed poster thread

1309310312314315

Comments

  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 106

    I have a real Pitt and the image is sharp just like the one you have.

    Thanks man!!!
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 1,166
    edited March 11
    DavidD said:


    Ok this is just a test lol
    Looks like it worked. And now that I know it does I'll have to take better pictures when I get in tonight.

    That is beautiful! Congrats!


  • Controversial wall ;)
  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 106



    Controversial wall ;)

    Unreal!!!!!!!! So awesome dude.
  • mwelchons said:



    Controversial wall ;)

    Unreal!!!!!!!! So awesome dude.
    Thank you! I've been waiting to do this forever. More pics coming :)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 6,783
    ^^ Nice job on the Sperry. I'm dying to frame mine but I dont' have a mat cutter that's big enough. I haven't figured out if I will just skip the mats or not. Yours doesn't have one, does it?
  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 106




    Where did you ever find the Charlotte '96 Emek print?? The red frame and white matting is absolutely perfect.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 969
    Just got these 2 back. Last couple for awhile but very happy with them.


    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD)
  • pjpitt89 said:

    Just got these 2 back. Last couple for awhile but very happy with them.


    beauties :)
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 362
    pjpitt89 said:

    Just got these 2 back. Last couple for awhile but very happy with them.


    Best poster of the tour in my opinion (i'm biased tho)
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)
    Please Tour in Philly, Soundgarden
    -------------------------------------
    photo max-fleischer-studios-animated-superman-1941_zpsfw2xph9o.gif
  • mrussel1 said:

    ^^ Nice job on the Sperry. I'm dying to frame mine but I dont' have a mat cutter that's big enough. I haven't figured out if I will just skip the mats or not. Yours doesn't have one, does it?

    No the Sperry has no mat, just a wavy frame
  • mwelchons said:




    Where did you ever find the Charlotte '96 Emek print?? The red frame and white matting is absolutely perfect.
    Thanks! Found it from a galley owner on ebeans. Looks great and the hand looks different colours in different lights :)
  • ZodZod Posts: 4,655
    Here's my posters. Most of them had been sitting tubes or horrible walmart frames until we bought a house. 2 year present to myself I framed 21 posters. Simple black custom cut frames. With framing that many at the same time I couldn't really afford to matte them. In hindsight maybe I should of used non reflective glass :) Still not bad for $50 framing. The only exception in these pictures is the Seattle '98 with the blue frame. I bought that one already framed.















  • ZodZod Posts: 4,655
    pulling69 said:

    Zod said:

    Am I the only one that attempted to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic custom framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

    I think I paid about $1200 to $1300 to frame all those posters. If I matted them... holy crap! :)

    Did you get spacers?
    I have no idea :( I don't think I was knowledgeable enough to ask.... The guys seemed expert at it though. So if it's something that was important I hope they did it :)
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 6,783
    Zod said:

    pulling69 said:

    Zod said:

    Am I the only one that attempted to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic custom framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

    I think I paid about $1200 to $1300 to frame all those posters. If I matted them... holy crap! :)

    Did you get spacers?
    I have no idea :( I don't think I was knowledgeable enough to ask.... The guys seemed expert at it though. So if it's something that was important I hope they did it :)
    You know, a lot of my stuff doesn't have the non-reflective glass either. But the only time I ever think about it is when I'm taking a pic of a frame. Otherwise I never notice.
  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 106
    Zod said:

    pulling69 said:

    Zod said:

    Am I the only one that attempted to frame 21 posters at the same time, and went with basic custom framing only? IE black frames custom fit to the poster dimensions, so that the poster fits perfectly in the frame with a layer of cardboard behind it?

    I think I paid about $1200 to $1300 to frame all those posters. If I matted them... holy crap! :)

    Did you get spacers?
    I have no idea :( I don't think I was knowledgeable enough to ask.... The guys seemed expert at it though. So if it's something that was important I hope they did it :)
    Let me buy Vancouver '98 from you!!
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 362
    edited March 12

    Got one of my grails done

    Post edited by EchoesOnMars on
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)
    Please Tour in Philly, Soundgarden
    -------------------------------------
    photo max-fleischer-studios-animated-superman-1941_zpsfw2xph9o.gif
  • Thierry HenryThierry Henry Posts: 2,383







    Oh look... there's an Istanbul '96
    Dublin '96, '00, '06, '10
    Lisbon '06 (x2)
    Katowice '07
    London '07 '09 (x2), '10
    MSG NY '08 (x2)
    Manchester '09 '12
    Belfast '10
    PJ20 Alpine '11 (x2)
    Leeds '14
  • Chloe's just like me...only beautiful :)
  • ZodZod Posts: 4,655
    edited March 14
    mwelchons said:


    Let me buy Vancouver '98 from you!!

    Sorry, no can do. That was my last one to collect from shows I'd been too. I got pretty lucky with it. I paid around 225 USD when the cdn dollar was close to par. Seller talked about a blemish on the back side of it, but I could barely see it, and it's on the side that doesn't matter. He gave me a discount for something I might not have noticed had he not pointed it out... it was good timing. Hopefully you find one one day.

    The sad thing is I remember being at the show, posters weren't anywhere near sold out, and thinking to myself. I'm not paying $25 (or whatever the price was), it's too small! .. ugh!
    Post edited by Zod on
  • mwelchonsmwelchons Posts: 106
    Zod said:

    mwelchons said:


    Let me buy Vancouver '98 from you!!

    Sorry, no can do. That was my last one to collect from shows I'd been too. I got pretty luck with it. I think I paid around 225 USD when the cdn dollar was close to par. Seller talked about a blemish and back side of it, but I could barely see it, and it's on the side that doesn't matter. Gave me a discount for something I might not have noticed had he not pointed it out... it was good timing. Hopefully you find one one day.

    The said thing is I remember being at the show, posters weren't anywhere near sold out, and thinking to myself. I'm not pay $25 (whatever it was for that), it's too small! .. ugh!
    Hahahaha understandable! That's so awesome, man. I wouldn't give up my Pittsburgh print either--i was at the show and took forever to find. I laughed at your comment about not buying the print at the show. I had the same thought: there were plenty left but I didn't have a poster tube and didn't feel like carrying the entire day. 15 years and $400 later I owned one. Cheers, dude.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield CountyPosts: 3,299

    AJ #1 of 4
    "Apology made to whoever it pleases, still they got me like Jesus." Chuck D
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 1,166
    edited March 17
    Finally got my 98 Camden framed and I love it!


    Post edited by SJD3232 on
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 924
    SJD3232 said:

    Finally got my 98 Camden framed and I love it!


    That looks great. Well done. Perfect color paint on the wall behind it too!

  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 1,166
    maverick said:

    SJD3232 said:

    Finally got my 98 Camden framed and I love it!


    That looks great. Well done. Perfect color paint on the wall behind it too!

    Thanks! It's crazy how much the wall matches this print. It wasn't planned, believe it or not.
  • TtrotTtrot Posts: 2
    Just got my Wrigley Brad Klausen back from the shop that framed it. It is a great little shop called Military Memories and More in Knoxville, Illinois. Cost just over $200.






  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OHPosts: 9,403
    Ttrot said:

    Just got my Wrigley Brad Klausen back from the shop that framed it. It is a great little shop called Military Memories and More in Knoxville, Illinois. Cost just over $200.






    VERY NICE!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony - Brooklyn
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170
Sign In or Register to comment.