Options

framed poster thread

Comments

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

What are we going to do with all of these when we are 90?

They will go to Goodwill with the rest of the junk our kids will be getting rid of.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    MedozK said:

They will go to Goodwill with the rest of the junk our kids will be getting rid of.
    Bingo.
  • Options

Im still young... I volunteer to take any posters that people will get rid of
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Dropped off Faile Wrigley today along with Letters to Cleo from the Double Door.
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931

Dropped off Faile Wrigley today along with Letters to Cleo from the Double Door.

Dropped off my Faile Wrigley about a week ago so should have it this week. Will try to post a pic.
  • Options

Weekend feels good :)
  • Options
    ^
    An Emek Charlotte and Sutton Randall's Island?! Nice!
  • Options
    FenwickFenwick Posts: 43
    edited February 2017
    We finished our basement over the holidays, and finally bit the bullet and had 4 posters framed, including 2 that I added some extras to them. Took a ton of inspiration from this thread...

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,159
    You guys have some crazy awesome framing going on. I'm finally getting around to professionally framing my collection, but given the quanity, I went for the cheaper option which was custom sized frames to perfectly fit the size of the posters (ie didn't opt for matte). They look pretty good, not as good as the framing in this thread, but way better than being jammed in cheaper walmart frames. Maybe if i'd done them as I went, but waiting to do them all at once.. it's daunting :)
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    Nice!!!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Fenwick said:

We finished our basement over the holidays, and finally bit the bullet and had 4 posters framed, including 2 that I added some extras to them. Took a ton of inspiration from this thread...

Fenwick said:

Looks great!!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

^
    An Emek Charlotte and Sutton Randall's Island?! Nice!

Here are a few more from around my place...you can see a massive hanging is shortly to occur :)

Post edited by dancinacrossthewater on
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745

With matching numbers too
  • Options
    Gvn2fly said:

Awesome! Still need the "past" version
  • Options
    Gvn2fly said:

They look great. It's a unique strategy to frame the dark poster with the red/blue mat while the red.blue poster gets the dark mat.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

Gvn2fly said:

They look great. It's a unique strategy to frame the dark poster with the red/blue mat while the red.blue poster gets the dark mat.
    I'll reiterate that. The contrasting mats are an excellent idea. I notice the frames are opposing colors as well. Nicely done!
  • Options
    Gvn2fly said:

Awesome posters! If anyone has an extra one for sale, please PM me. I'd prefer the black/white version. Thanks
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    edited February 2017

Thanks! Good catch on the frames....
  • Options
    twmillstwmills Milwaukee Posts: 54
    After becoming a member of PJ.com a few weeks ago, I came across this poster on this site and had to have considering I attended the 8/22 show at Wrigley. It's a great keepsake for seeing my favorite band at my favorite venue...needless to say it was a no brainer buying this then getting a frame for it. It'll be hung in my basement....no way the wife will allow it in the main part of our house (happy wife, happy life...amirite!! =) ).

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    twmills said:

After becoming a member of PJ.com a few weeks ago, I came across this poster on this site and had to have considering I attended the 8/22 show at Wrigley. It's a great keepsake for seeing my favorite band at my favorite venue...needless to say it was a no brainer buying this then getting a frame for it. It'll be hung in my basement....no way the wife will allow it in the main part of our house (happy wife, happy life...amirite!! =) ).

Welcome to the "CrAzY" world of PJ poster collecting...
    Hope it brings as much fun to your life as it has to mine!!
    AND...You are SOOO right!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    JM84420JM84420 Backstage Posts: 48
    Gvn2fly said:

Nice number- Bears 4-6 defense and they could go up in value if the next President is cool
  • Options
    SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    edited February 2017
    Picked these up from my framer today...
    I really wanted to not go crazy on the matting and let the prints speak for themselves.
    Portland Emek - double matted white, splurged on a bronze frame - pictures don't do it justice.
    Kong - double matted blue / white
    Philly Emek - triple matted white / purple / white

• Options
    Trying to post my first pic so if it doesn't go through I'll try again. Wrigley Faile just picked up from the framer...

• Options

• Options
    jpgoegeljpgoegel Posts: 410
    my favorite poster from a non-attended show. haven't seen one on here
  • Options
    Okay...how about a little help here. This is the next one up in queue. It's one of my favorite posters in collection and my only Miles Tsang. It is also probably the best DMB show I've seen in this century (out of about 30+). Any ideas on colors or styles? Is the coloring so unique that mats won't go well? Should I try to get a patterned frame and leave it at that? Opinions are appreciated.

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    mrussel1 said:

Okay...how about a little help here. This is the next one up in queue. It's one of my favorite posters in collection and my only Miles Tsang. It is also probably the best DMB show I've seen in this century (out of about 30+). Any ideas on colors or styles? Is the coloring so unique that mats won't go well? Should I try to get a patterned frame and leave it at that? Opinions are appreciated.

Pretty bad ass
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    mrussel1 said:

Great poster. I think a black frame with a mat to match the light blue would look good.
  • Options

mrussel1 said:

Great poster. I think a black frame with a mat to match the light blue would look good.
    I like that. I was thinking about that fire orange in the middle too.. I think having two mats might be too much for this poster.
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    mrussel1 said:

mrussel1 said:

I like that. I was thinking about that fire orange in the middle too.. I think having two mats might be too much for this poster.
    If the 2nd mat was white it might be ok. Isn't there a framing site where you can play around with ideas and it gives you a visual? I thought I remember someone posting that on here.
    Please post this sucker once you decide and get it done!