Yield will be 10 years old in about a month

2»

Comments

• LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    read my thread in other music forum.

dave matthews band from the years 2001-2007 is complete garbage and yes it does suck. dave matthews band from 1990-2000 is some of those most incredible music ever made in my opinion

Kind a like Pearl Jam in a way.
    PJ between 1990-1998 = Legendary
    PJ 1999-2005 = Mediocre
    PJ 2006-present = Comeback
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    riot act sucks cock

I can't take people seriously when they post stuff like this. I don't like riot act either, but when I disagree with someone, I think maybe it makes sense to create any sort of intelligent argument to prove your point.

Comments like that take the conversation nowhere.

Rant over. :)
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Niko80Niko80 Posts: 1,539
    LongRd. wrote:
    yup...Yield was the album that made me a die-hard fan.

I think 1998, was a great year to be become a Jammer because of the big tour, Live On 2 Legs, Single Video Theory, they made a video for DTE.

correct me if im wrong but was it not mtv who made the dte video? the band just accepted it and it was aired. pretty sure pj had nothing to do with that video.
    I will swallow poison
  • Yield is the best. End of story. Period.

Thanks for making me feel old! =}
    Some people have drugs... I have Pearl Jam.

www.facebook.com/pearlgirlstudio
    Twitter: @pearlgirlstudio
    Niko80 wrote:
    correct me if im wrong but was it not mtv who made the dte video? the band just accepted it and it was aired. pretty sure pj had nothing to do with that video.
    No...MTV play (used to play) videos, but they can't videos for artists.

It was created by two artists, I think one of them was the guy who created "Spawn" comic series. They later made a video for Korn that year as well.
    LongRd. wrote:
    No...MTV play (used to play) videos, but they can't videos for artists.

It was created by two artists, I think one of them was the guy who created "Spawn" comic series. They later made a video for Korn that year as well.

From Wiki:

The animated music video for the song was directed by Kevin Altieri, known for his direction on Batman: The Animated Series, and Todd McFarlane, better known for his work with the popular comic book Spawn and Korn's "Freak on a Leash" video. The video was produced by Joe Pearson, the president of Epoch Ink animation, and Terry Fitzgerald at TME. It was written and developed by Joe Pearson and Kevin Altieri with input from Todd McFarlane and Eddie Vedder…

…Once McFarlane, Vedder, and Sony gave their final approvals, the short was timed by Graham Morris and taken to Korea by Kevin and Joe for animation at Sun Min Image Pictures and Jireh Animation. Over a four week period, a team of more than one hundred artists worked around the clock in Seoul to deliver the finished animation. Once the final animation was back in L.A., Kevin, Todd, and Eddie edited the final cut at postproduction facility—Vittello Productions. The video premiered on August 24, 1998 on MTV's 120 Minutes.[7] The video was the band's first since the final video for Ten, "Jeremy" and the last before "I Am Mine" in 2002.

Also see link, middle of page.
    http://www.epochinkanimation.com/mvs.html
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    What a great fucking album.... i cant believe its been that long... jesus....

ps. the dave matthews comment was great :D
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    idk. its good but not my favorite. binaural is by far the shittiest thing this band has put out
    I don't think so, DM!!!!
  • Just goes to show the best music will last forever. Yield was my favorite then and is still my favorite now. THE BEST
    vedderfan1
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    doesn't feel like it

6000th post !
  • ten years since i became a fan?

PJ you've soundtracked the past 10 and most important years of my life.....

Yield is a masterpiece...
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • ugh...I fucking hate Low Light
  • oh and anyone who bashes anothers taste in music is a complete tool.
    riot act sucks cock

I rest my case.
  • BrezBrez Posts: 570
    I rest my case.

Haha yes someone pointed out to DM how much of a *TOOL* he is. Beautiful.
    And before his first step... He's off again...