Options

Yield will be 10 years old in about a month

joseppijoseppi Posts: 58
edited December 2007 in The Porch
Still the best album I've ever heard.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    really? whats so great about it. it seems to me the second half of that album kinda sucks.
  • Options
    really? whats so great about it. it seems to me the second half of that album kinda sucks.

Yeah right, In Hiding and All Those Yesterdays are two of their finest songs
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Options
    hm. i'll agree that the first half of yield is pretty epic though.

i'll take vs vitalogy and ten over yield.
  • Options
    only ten is btter than yield.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options

Yeah... DTE, MFC, Lowlight, In Hiding... real suckfest.:confused:
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    Yeah... DTE, MFC, Lowlight, In Hiding... real suckfest.:confused:

im callinge do the evolution as the first half i guess.

pilate, low light, in hiding, untitled, mfc and maybe another are kinda sucky
  • Options
    im callinge do the evolution as the first half i guess.

pilate, low light, in hiding, untitled, mfc and maybe another are kinda sucky

Pilate... number 6 = second half.
    DTE... number 7 = first half?

I know. I'm being pedantic.:p

I still disagree though.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • Options
    idk. its good but not my favorite. binaural is by far the shittiest thing this band has put out
  • Options
    idk. its good but not my favorite. binaural is by far the shittiest thing this band has put out

To quote Homer... "In some ways, you and I are very different people." :p
  • Options
    RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    A decade of the most thought provoking music ever made. Looking forward to YIELD Night for sure.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • Options

Ok first you go and say that the second half of Yield sucks WTF...and then you say Binaural is the shittiest thing the band has put out...

You clearly have had too much to drink my friend, either that or your taste in music totally stinks!

But each to their own, I guess ;)
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour:Member #9-+--+
  • Options
    i like it. Probably number 4 on my album rankings, ahead of Vitalogy, below Ten, No Code. and Vs.

MFC is awesome.
  • Options
    Ok first you go and say that the second half of Yield sucks WTF...and then you say Binaural is the shittiest thing the band has put out...

You clearly have had too much to drink my friend, either that or your taste in music totally stinks!

But each to their own, I guess ;)

I do have to admit that i think Riot act is total crap.
    model, role model, roll some models in blood
  • Options
    Someone with the screenname "DaveMatthews" obviously doesn't have a very good grip on what constitutes good music.
  • Options
    ha. great stereotype. go seriously listen to before these crowded streets without thinking of frat boys and get back to me

now, i said yield is great. and yeah i think binaural is terrible. sue me.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    AAhhhh!! Is that like a Tween??? :p
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    oh and anyone who bashes anothers taste in music is a complete tool. unless that person being made fun of does not take the time to actually find what they like and just listen to whats on the radio.

i like my indie, i like my singer-songwriter, i like my rock, i hate commercialized pop garbage.
  • Options
    i hate commercialized pop garbage.

So why you listen to Dave Matthews is even more of an enigma.
  • Options
    So why you listen to Dave Matthews is even more of an enigma.

read my thread in other music forum.

dave matthews band from the years 2001-2007 is complete garbage and yes it does suck. dave matthews band from 1990-2000 is some of those most incredible music ever made in my opinion
  • Options
    I do have to admit that i think Riot act is total crap.

Riot Act is a work of Art.

And No, I have not been drinking.
  • Options
    riot act sucks cock
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,608
    joseppi wrote:
    Still the best album I've ever heard.

I don't know if I would use the word "best", but it is without a doubt my favorite album of all time by any band.

This also sort of marks my 10 year anniversary of really becoming a fan I guess. I was 13, in 7th grade, and I still remember being in my English classroom and hearing my best friend go "its evolution baby!", and off I went on this wonderful journey.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    riot act sucks cock

Not that there is anything wrong with that!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    yup...Yield was the album that made me a die-hard fan.

I think 1998, was a great year to be become a Jammer because of the big tour, Live On 2 Legs, Single Video Theory, they made a video for DTE.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    I can never choose between yield or no code for the best album they have made to date, the ten years have flown by and it takes me back to my last year at high school, oh to be 16 forever
  • Options

i just watched that episode last night...effing classic
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    which means it's been 10 years since the music industry completely changed. Anybody remember when most of Yield leaked onto the 'net over Thanksgiving/Christmas '97.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    RiotAct10 wrote:
    This also sort of marks my 10 year anniversary of really becoming a fan I guess. I was 13, in 7th grade, and I still remember being in my English classroom and hearing my best friend go "its evolution baby!", and off I went on this wonderful journey.

Thanks for making me feel old! :D

I wrote a review of Yield for my college paper... had to go to Wal-Mart @ 8 a.m. to get a copy because there wasn't any place open yet and I had to meet a noon deadline :D
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009

that was perfect right there. hilarious post

I'd have to agree with the original poster-Yield is my favorite album of all time.
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    wow