New Z-best cab... oh yeah, it is THAT good.

House53House53 Posts: 1,276
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Picked up a matching Dr. Z 212 cab for my Carmen Ghia head.

Massive guitar tone... the notes are just enourmous with this cab. I noticed an immediate difference from my other 212. Much fuller, and more natural resonance, really beautiful, and the more you turn it up the better it sounds.

The cab is on the darker side, but that's what the tone knob is for.

Played out Saturday night, and it sounded great... it really cut through and filled the room.

We are now looking for a new bass player though... our current bassist is leaving due to time constraints (read, his wife). Understandable.

I can't wait for Friday, we have another gig, and I think this bar is pretty jumpin'.
There's No Code.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    cool, what speakers are in it the custom Z's?

What grillcolth and tolex did you get?
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Well,

I haven't cracked it open yet... I think it has the V30 and G12H-30 combo that is sort of his trademark. Honestly, I don't want to open it, it is so rock solid now, I don't want to mess with it... it sounds great whatever it is.

Here is a pic:

http://www.eddiesguitars.com/DSCN0477.JPG

The color scheme matches the Ghia.

The Z already fell off, they come off all of the cabinets... so now it is a mystery cab.

The only marking is the 8 Ohm label on the back.
    There's No Code.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Oh I love it. Salt and Pepper grillcloth Those two speakers are outstanding toegther. I wouldn't mess with it either.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.