Radiohead Giving PJ props

TaftTaft Posts: 453
edited November 2007 in The Porch
For those who like Radiohead this entire interview is great.

About 30 minutes in, the interviewer compares Radiohead and Pearl Jam, and one of the Radiohead guys (I believe Ed O'Brien) says how he just saw PJ live for the first time last year and they "blew his mind" and were "so great". Good stuff!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/zanelowe/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice--good interview.

I gotta get me one of those british accents--even an in depth discussion of cheese is captivating.
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Taft wrote:

About 30 minutes in, the interviewer compares Radiohead and Pearl Jam, and one of the Radiohead guys (I believe Ed O'Brien) says how he just saw PJ live for the first time last year and they "blew his mind" and were "so great". Good stuff!

now that would have pleased Zane (the interviewer) no end :)(he's a big fan, was the one interviewing Mike last year at Reading.. even this year coverage he managed to mention them a few time ;). Was hilarous last year watching when they cut to the studio during Alive and you could tell he would have rather been down on the pit or at least off air and listening :D)
  • Yeah, Radiohead played Dublin the night after PJ last year. Ed (O'Brien!) was wearing his shirt from the PJ gig onstage. The green iron fist tee.
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • mohomoho Posts: 540
    Yeah, Radiohead played Dublin the night after PJ last year. Ed (O'Brien!) was wearing his shirt from the PJ gig onstage. The green iron fist tee.

Yeah! I remember that too and then i saw them pj in switzerland a few weeks later and Mike was wearing a Radiohead shirt!
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • pouch15pouch15 Posts: 436
    Nice--good interview.

I gotta get me one of those british accents--even an in depth discussion of cheese is captivating.

jajajajaja
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    cool to know theres more than a 'creep' cover to the two bands relationship
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • At any point did they discuss Thom Yorke's wonky eye?
    Dallas '98 - Dallas '00 - OKC '03 - Dallas '03

www.myspace.com/lance_gray

www.bonafidedarling.com
  • smarcheesmarchee Windsor, Ontario Posts: 14,539
    lance_gray wrote:
    At any point did they discuss Thom Yorke's wonky eye?

hahahaha...........inappropriate but made me laugh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Taft wrote:

Nice to hear, because I love Radiohead! Amazing talent in that band.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Yayyy... props to Kings of Leon, too!

"as opposed to: people who bought this record also bought..." :D
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Thom Yorke and Ed both played at the Wiltern on 2-26-2002.
  • keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    Anyone has a direct link? can't find at the link posted.
    Thanks
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    keyser wrote:
    Anyone has a direct link? can't find at the link posted.
    Thanks

I see the link on the site but it keep redirecting to the main page, not the interview. Can anyone help us, I really want to hear this. Thanks.
  • OrestesOrestes Posts: 217
    yeah! ive got the same problem... can't get the link to direct me to the interveiw.

Maybe there's a problem with the bbc website?
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    Igottago wrote:
    I see the link on the site but it keep redirecting to the main page, not the interview. Can anyone help us, I really want to hear this. Thanks.

me too...am not really a fan of radiohead but i like some of their songs...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    bharQ wrote:
    cool to know theres more than a 'creep' cover to the two bands relationship

Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway shared the same stage with Eddie Vedder during the 7 Worlds Collide concerts in April 2001.

So, it's a bit odd hearing Ed only saw PJ for the first time last year.
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway shared the same stage with Eddie Vedder during the 7 Worlds Collide concerts in April 2001.

well, he was with EV, not PJ...so...
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    cool good to see a band like RH giving pj props
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • chikevinchikevin Posts: 421
    Zoso wrote:
    cool good to see a band like RH giving pj props
    anyone ever wonder if radiohead's fans get such a chubby over a band like PJ saying something positive about them?
  • bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    Imagine these two bands co-headlined a tour? I could SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO live with this. :D
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    very comforting to see some sort of mutual respect between the two biggest bands in the world
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Igottago wrote:
    that's because it keeps shows only for a week and it was over a week ago now...i was too late too, but you can find it on all good torrent sites ;)
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    really cool interview.....they seem so much happier these days

they seem to love kings of leon as well which is cool

this should be a "sticky" no?...... sorry couldn't help it:)
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • chikevin wrote:
    anyone ever wonder if radiohead's fans get such a chubby over a band like PJ saying something positive about them?
    My guess is no.
  • Ed O'Brien and Phil Selway shared the same stage with Eddie Vedder during the 7 Worlds Collide concerts in April 2001.

I was going to say about that actually, anyone who doesn't have the album of this should track it down, it's got a glorious version of Parting Ways and Vedder is excellent on I See Red.
    Scottish Grunge Survivalists...
    http://www.myspace.com/hollowpointuk
  • Never mind...I found it...Ignore me
  • eldermanelderman Posts: 180
    The two best bands on the planet. I heard a rumour that both would play Pinkpop in the Netherlands next year!
    As I say, a rumour.
  • Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Pegasus wrote:
    now that would have pleased Zane (the interviewer) no end :)(he's a big fan, was the one interviewing Mike last year at Reading.. even this year coverage he managed to mention them a few time ;). Was hilarous last year watching when they cut to the studio during Alive and you could tell he would have rather been down on the pit or at least off air and listening :D)

Zane Lowe said on the Reading coverage last year that his wife gave birth to his son while he was listening to Do the Evolution(I think) at the Astoria.What a story.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06